Predict how long before????

How long before the Tragedy of the Batman Movie shooting will be twisted Politically into another Anti gun Campaign by the Democrats? I'm thinking Monday Morning the pro gun ban people will be in high gear. I think that they will use the weekend to plan their strike which will commence at 9AM Monday morning on all of those usual suspect shows. They will wait until the majority of people who aren't Democrats do what they do best... Go to WORK.

Oh, it's already happening. A school friend of mine who is a professor at So Cal already announced she was foregoing facebook posting today, in order to ponder a society that was willing to die for the sake of NRA.

I posted that if one person in that theater had been packing, the death count would have been much, much lower.
Give my regards to your ignorant friend. The right to bear arms does not create criminals. Criminals will bear arms whether they have a right to do so or not. If guns had been confiscated by law, only criminals would have guns and there would be no chance that a law abiding, licensed carrier could have stopped the carnage early...unless some packin' gang member had a touch of conscience and blew the fucker away after the first few shots were fired.

I totally agree. If there had been several legal weapons in the house, the perp would likely be dead now and we wouldn't have to listen to the endless mention of his name and the study of his history to explain the lunacy.

That is what the gun-control people just cannot fathom. They fool themselves and try to fool others into thinking that if we pass laws demanding the turning in of all firearms that all firearms will be turned in and the criminals will be disarmed, making us all less likely to shot by a criminal. This is utter bullshit. What will really deter a criminal is knowing that the general public is armed and dangerous (to them)....like the scene where a robber walks into a local bar, pulls a gun and demands everyone's money only to find twenty Glocks pointed at his stupid ass.

There are many more honest, law abiding citizens in this country than there are criminals with guns. Let them carry what they will...and shoot the shooters before the police get there.

Of course, if someone had killed him before he managed to off a few, we'd be hearing the same shit that we're hearing about the Zimmerman case. We'd have all the same loons claiming he wasn't going to hurt anyone, and a gun-crazy loon unfairly targeted him, we'd have nuts dressing up in combats and masks posting dumb images all over the place to prove how harmless he was.

The automatic action and magazine capacity are the issues.

Certain weapons are not the single shot weapons about which the Founders were concerned.

bigrebnc has repeatedly proved that the laws of the land prevent the militias from owning military-style weapons.

That is a commonly held misconception Jake.

Civilian "assault rifles" are not automatic weapons, they are semi automatic, no different than a Glock 9mm or Colt .45 pistol.

Magazine capacity is a red herring. I can change a magazine in less than 1 second.

Last edited:
Mayor Bumburg already had a press conference calling out the POTUS nominees to pretty much come out against guns like him.

That piece of shit thinks he can control our guns, food, sodas, etc.

Spoons make you fat.

Cars must get drunk and crash.

The guns are already here. Over 200 million in private hands. We are not going to make them magically disappear

Massacres like we saw last night are the price we pay for our second amendment rights to protect ourselves. We need to shrug our shoulders, say "That's too bad" and move on with our lives

That's what we always do

Oh, it's already happening. A school friend of mine who is a professor at So Cal already announced she was foregoing facebook posting today, in order to ponder a society that was willing to die for the sake of NRA.

I posted that if one person in that theater had been packing, the death count would have been much, much lower.
Give my regards to your ignorant friend. The right to bear arms does not create criminals. Criminals will bear arms whether they have a right to do so or not. If guns had been confiscated by law, only criminals would have guns and there would be no chance that a law abiding, licensed carrier could have stopped the carnage early...unless some packin' gang member had a touch of conscience and blew the fucker away after the first few shots were fired.

I totally agree. If there had been several legal weapons in the house, the perp would likely be dead now and we wouldn't have to listen to the endless mention of his name and the study of his history to explain the lunacy.

That is what the gun-control people just cannot fathom. They fool themselves and try to fool others into thinking that if we pass laws demanding the turning in of all firearms that all firearms will be turned in and the criminals will be disarmed, making us all less likely to shot by a criminal. This is utter bullshit. What will really deter a criminal is knowing that the general public is armed and dangerous (to them)....like the scene where a robber walks into a local bar, pulls a gun and demands everyone's money only to find twenty Glocks pointed at his stupid ass.

There are many more honest, law abiding citizens in this country than there are criminals with guns. Let them carry what they will...and shoot the shooters before the police get there.

Of course, if someone had killed him before he managed to off a few, we'd be hearing the same shit that we're hearing about the Zimmerman case. We'd have all the same loons claiming he wasn't going to hurt anyone, and a gun-crazy loon unfairly targeted him, we'd have nuts dressing up in combats and masks posting dumb images all over the place to prove how harmless he was.
Yes, I have seen his smiling face on the screen already. However, maybe two instead of twelve would have died at his hand. Maybe five instead of seventy would have experienced the trauma of being wounded. I really could not care less about whether someone thinks I am a gun-crazy loon or not. I would have killed the fucker if I'd been there with my LEGALLY carried handgun....and thought nothing of being a hero.

Liberalism is a mental disorder. Why should I care that mentally disturbed people think ill of me? Why?

Take it up with bigrebnc, not me, it's his argument.

Also read RW's comments above. Dead on. No pun intended.

Certain weapons are not the single shot weapons about which the Founders were concerned.

bigrebnc has repeatedly proved that the laws of the land prevent the militias from owning military-style weapons.

Civilian "assault rifles" are not automatic weapons, they are semi automatic, no different than a Glock 9mm or Colt .45 pistol.

Magazine capacity is a red herring. I can change a magazine in less than 1 second.

Why, Jake? Why should semi-automatics be an 'issue'? For that matter, why should full autos be an 'issue'? Gun laws only stop honest citizens from owning them. Criminals are going to have them no matter what laws you pass. If you don't believe me, look at Chicago and Washington, DC.

Mayor Bumburg already had a press conference calling out the POTUS nominees to pretty much come out against guns like him.

Spoons make you fat.

The guns are already here. Over 200 million in private hands. We are not going to make them magically disappear

Massacres like we saw last night are the price we pay for our second amendment rights to protect ourselves. We need to shrug our shoulders, say "That's too bad" and move on with our lives

That's what we always do
Quite true for the most part. Rather than shrug our shoulders, express a bit of sorrow and move on, we should convince the media that thrives on this kind of shit to NEVER reveal the shooter's name, NEVER reveal a picture of the bastard, NEVER give him/her the publicity that they KNOW will come after the fact.

Just take 'em out back of the jail and run over them like a dog...then burial at sea with no fanfare.

How long before the Tragedy of the Batman Movie shooting will be twisted Politically into another Anti gun Campaign by the Democrats? I'm thinking Monday Morning the pro gun ban people will be in high gear. I think that they will use the weekend to plan their strike which will commence at 9AM Monday morning on all of those usual suspect shows. They will wait until the majority of people who aren't Democrats do what they do best... Go to WORK.

a Profit!!!!!!! Liberals couldnt be that delusional and predictable....oh wait YES THEY CAN!!!!!!!!!!

Take it up with bigrebnc, not me, it's his argument.

Also read RW's comments above. Dead on. No pun intended.

He is saying it sardonically, but in truth he is actually right on the money.

Drunk driving deaths are the price we pay for the freedom to buy alcohol.

Speed related deaths are the price we pay for failing to demand governors installed in new vehicles at the factory.

Prescription drug abuse and overdose is the price we pay for the medical honor system.

Teenage driving fatalities are the price we pay for issuing licenses to 16 year olds.

And I could go on and on.

So, who will go on record supporting prohibition to save the 50 people per day who suffer alcohol related deaths?

Those who won't, but want to ban guns, feel free to post all the benefits of legalized alcohol vs. the benefits of gun ownership.

Last edited:

So...Allie is saying that Zimmerman saved us from Martin who was a soon-to-be mass murderer.

:tinfoil:

As soon as I heard thge shooter was a white male, I knew we would start hearing that he was a Tea Party member, far right wing, blah blah blah.

And I too would love to bang Hillary Swank.

Spoons make you fat.

That's what we always do
Quite true for the most part. Rather than shrug our shoulders, express a bit of sorrow and move on, we should convince the media that thrives on this kind of shit to NEVER reveal the shooter's name, NEVER reveal a picture of the bastard, NEVER give him/her the publicity that they KNOW will come after the fact.

Just take 'em out back of the jail and run over them like a dog...then burial at sea with no fanfare.

As a country, of course we mourn.

What we don't do is say "Never again" because we know it will happen again. As a country, we have accepted these massacres. Guns are part of the American culture, they always have been. We just accept these events as an act of a madman, talk about it for a few days and move on with our lives

Yes, I have seen his smiling face on the screen already. However, maybe two instead of twelve would have died at his hand. Maybe five instead of seventy would have experienced the trauma of being wounded. I really could not care less about whether someone thinks I am a gun-crazy loon or not. I would have killed the fucker if I'd been there with my LEGALLY carried handgun....and thought nothing of being a hero.

Liberalism is a mental disorder. Why should I care that mentally disturbed people think ill of me? Why?

Shame & Hysteria: Americans Lynch Colorado Dark Knight Shooter

Look how emotions and hysteria took over the American group psyche early this morning. America was shocked! Shocked. A society as violent as ours was ready to lynch whoever it was that was accused. The facts be damned!

First reports: Mohammad Alam, an Iranian immigrant.
Imagine if this Iranian immigrant had fallen into the hands of an American crowd? Would we have behaved any better than mobs that strung up Americans in Iraq and other places?

Have we lynch the latest accused? Sure we have. Sure we have. All the facts are not in yet and if this young man was let loose amongst us...he would stand a chance of making it passed "Stop, I'm innoce..." No panel, no prosecutor, no court has heard all the supposed evidence yet. The shooter was masked and in dark clothes in a darkened movie theater. Yet we would slaughter this accused man in anger.

Then there is the delusional and self-serving hand wringing.

Shooting at Colo. theater shocks movie industry

By JAKE COYLE, AP Entertainment Writer

The shooting, which killed 12 and left at least 50 injured in an Aurora, Colo., movie theater, reverberated through Hollywood and upended carefully laid plans for the global release of "The Dark Knight Rises." Warner Bros. quickly canceled a premiere planned for Paris and canceled press interviews in France.

Warner Bros. did move to pull trailers for its upcoming movie "Gangster Squad" from showings of "The Dark Knight Rises." The trailer of the film, which stars Sean Penn and Ryan Gosling in a ruthless war between '40s Los Angeles police and the mob, includes a scene of mobsters firing into a movie theater from behind the screen. It wasn't immediately clear if the trailer played before the Aurora theater audience.

Give me a break (Stossell where are you when we need you?)

What about the US Constitution and all our supposed sacred principles about rights?

We are all acting like some stupid mob.

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah, we must emote!

Look at how feelings move a mob ... we didn't even have all the facts before we all started emoting like stuck pigs at a slaughter. If some innocent person who was blamed had set foot in front of us all, we would have murdered him or her in righteous anger. We would have and we wouldn't have batted an eyelash doing it. Admit it. If we deny we would have moved as a mob and killed somebody before all the facts are in, we need to go back and watch the thread(s) on the Colorado Movie Shooting unfold.

no wonder political operatives, media, and corporate interests can manipulate us into hysteria over trivial points and issues during elections and debates. We Americans, as a group, are no better than our ape-like ancestors except in one things -- for all our societal progress and scientific discoveries, in the great scope of humanoid development, we humans, we Americans, are only a few generations removed from swinging in the trees.

---

That's Dante's take on IT and he'll stick by it, mob or no mob.

ps, Dante loved watching the USMB mob jump like puppets on a string in his thread and posts earlier. You people just don't get IT.

---

Care to intelligently and rationally discuss the American psyche in times of anxieties and distress? Care to reasonably take a look at how we Americans act when emotional buttons are pushed through random events or even through purposeful manipulation?

If not, move along.

:cool:
dD

:eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

As soon as I heard thge shooter was a white male, I knew we would start hearing that he was a Tea Party member, far right wing, blah blah blah.

And I too would love to bang Hillary Swank.
There are many blacks in the Tea Party. Despite popular belief, there are some blacks with good sense. Not all of them worship Obama! Praise the Lord and pass the tea!

That's what we always do

As a country, of course we mourn.

What we don't do is say "Never again" because we know it will happen again. As a country, we have accepted these massacres. Guns are part of the American culture, they always have been. We just accept these events as an act of a madman, talk about it for a few days and move on with our lives
It would happen less if there was no fame (infamy) to follow and the potential shooter knew it. They do it for the self-gratifying glory of going down in history books. I say...kill 'em quietly and feed the body to the fishes. No fanfare...no photos...no mention of name.

hilary.jpg

I grew up in the 60s

In the 60S to early 80s, these psychos got their 15 minutes through assassination. JFK, MLK, RFK, Wallace, Lennon, Ford, Reagan. Pop somebody big and you get your name in the paper

Since Columbine it has moved on to the massacre. Arm yourself to the teeth and try to get in the record books for killing the most people

It is easy to scream, ban guns. But there are too many guns out there. You can try to put metal detectors in public places, but they will just go where there are no metal detectors. It is part of our culture. There is no solution

And why do you have a problem with that label. I am suggesting that a minority group of individuals who profess to know what is in the best interest of the majority must obviously consider themselves intellectual elitists... Wouldn't you agree?

you act as though you are the first person I've heard on here speak in such a manner...you can backpedal and rationalize all you want...but you know damned well of what I speak.

What term would you suggest people use for a minority who desires to impose their will upon the majority, if not "intellectual elite"? I'm all ears...

Like conservatives who want to limit voting rights to people who pay income tax?

I would define assault rifles as fully automatic firearms such as the M4 the Military uses, not the semi automatic sporting versions available to Law abiding citizens. And NO, they don't scare me... I'm quite proficient at hitting a target with that scary black gun.

So, I guess you can tell me why a M-4 should be illegal, but a consumer rifle in the sam caliber and magazine capacity wouldn't be. Is it that the M-4 will fire 3 round bursts? Or that the M-4-A1 will fire fully auto?
Remember, fully automatic weapons are already illegal (for nearly everyone)

Must be because it's scary looking and has a scary name.... "assault weapon" Dayum. It does sound scary. Scary, isn't it?

I don't think they should be illegal at all, I just think the term assault rifle should be reserved for fully automatic firearms if we must use the term at all.
Assault rifle is a misnomer anyway. The AR came from the AR 14, 15 and 16. I don't know who decided that AR stands for assault rifle, but it doesn't. It stands for ArmaLite, the company that developed the concept.

Forum List

Back