Prediction: Left wingers will rip into Great Britain

Now the question is: What does the UK make? What do they manufacture?--do they drill for oil, natural gas, etc.? It appears to me that the UK is a 100% consumer country. Personally I can't think of anything that the UK exports, meaning they will not benefit from the pound getting pounded, other than kill their own economy.
I believe you're confusing Greece with the UK. The UK has a large manufacturing sector and plenty of oil and natural gas in the North Sea.

But you would have to be informed to know these things I suppose.

Now the question is: What does the UK make? What do they manufacture?--do they drill for oil, natural gas, etc.? It appears to me that the UK is a 100% consumer country. Personally I can't think of anything that the UK exports, meaning they will not benefit from the pound getting pounded, other than kill their own economy.
I believe you're confusing Greece with the UK. The UK has a large manufacturing sector and plenty of oil and natural gas in the North Sea.

You are mistaken if you believe that leaving the EU won't severely impact the British economy. For example, Britain's financial sector is a major factor in the health of the UK economy:

"Together the financial services and insurance sectors are huge contributors to the UK economy, both in terms of contribution to GDP, but also as employers. In 2014 the UK’s trade surplus in these two sectors accounted for £58bn, some 65% of the UK’s £89.1bn trade surplus in services."

Financial services, pensions and insurance – Business for Britain

However many financial institutions in the UK are already planning their move to the EU:

"If the banking passport is no longer available to British-based firms, then some operations would clearly have to shift to a location inside the EEA."

HSBC 'to move jobs to Paris if UK leaves single market' - BBC News

The EU is also the UK's largest trade partner:

"From a continental perspective, 53.6% of UK exports by value are delivered to European trade partners while 22.5% are sold to Asian importers."

Given the importance of the EU to the UK economy it is clear that the impact will be severe.

Just like they do here the left in Great Britain will begin a slow and systematic ridicule of Great Britain. I don't know if there are any Brits who are reading this but I can tell you that this is what these assholes do here so just be prepared for the coming daily onslaught. God Save the Queen
don't cry don't whine you still have that Big old Alpha male Orange Mound of Clown Donald Trump ./..LOL you know the stooge that went to Scotland that voted overwhelmingly to stay to crow about Brexit...
Yoo Hoo Donald ...

A-group-of-protesters-wave-Mexican-flags-on-the-hillside-800x430.jpg

A group of protesters wave Mexican flags on the hillside above the Trump International Golf Links minutes before Donald Trump's arrival at the course, north of Aberdeen on the East coast of Scotland, on June 25, 2016. (Agence France-Presse/Michal Wachucik)

The only thing that kept The European Union from morphing into a Soviet style dictatorship was the failure-to-emerge of any personality strong enough to put his mark on it. The world should not count on such a figure never appearing.
Only Americans with assault weapons keep that from happening here LOL

You are mistaken if you believe that leaving the EU won't severely impact the British economy. For example, Britain's financial sector is a major factor in the health of the UK economy:

"Together the financial services and insurance sectors are huge contributors to the UK economy, both in terms of contribution to GDP, but also as employers. In 2014 the UK’s trade surplus in these two sectors accounted for £58bn, some 65% of the UK’s £89.1bn trade surplus in services."

However many financial institutions in the UK are already planning their move to the EU:

"If the banking passport is no longer available to British-based firms, then some operations would clearly have to shift to a location inside the EEA."

"From a continental perspective, 53.6% of UK exports by value are delivered to European trade partners while 22.5% are sold to Asian importers."

Given the importance of the EU to the UK economy it is clear that the impact will be severe.

Where did I say it wouldn't affect the EU also. The point is--I can't think of one single thing that the United Kingdom exports. I don't think they even farm, no agriculture, no energy, no car manufacturing, etc. etc. NADA.

Meaning they are totally dependent on other EU members and the world for all their goods. They are a 100% consumer nation. So where does their GDP (gross domestic product) come from?)

With the pound collapsing- which means they will be paying more pounds for necessary products--food & energy.

Now--we know that UK government spending will increase, and they will be doing their own border control, UK citizens living in one of the member nations will be forced back to the UK to get their "free" health care, and education--meaning taxes will go higher on those that are working.

It's not rocket science.

Just like they do here the left in Great Britain will begin a slow and systematic ridicule of Great Britain. I don't know if there are any Brits who are reading this but I can tell you that this is what these assholes do here so just be prepared for the coming daily onslaught. God Save the Queen

Someone call an ambulance, this man is having a seizure.

The only thing that kept The European Union from morphing into a Soviet style dictatorship was the failure-to-emerge of any personality strong enough to put his mark on it. The world should not count on such a figure never appearing.

So what you're telling me is that an engaging and charismatic personality is a feature of Soviet style dictatorship? Interesting....

British NaziCons fucked things up - so why shouldn't left wingers rip them.

I didn't say they would rip into 'conservative' British citizens. I said they would rip into Great Britain itself and any patriotic 'nationalistic' feelings that they might have.

Some people chose freedom over money.

Most of us choose "eating" over anything else--LOL The UK is nothing like the U.S. We do provide our own food, and if necessary we can also provide our own energy. We have the resources in place that are active to do that. No food, no energy, no survival. The U.K doesn't have this.

They have to purchase all essential necessities. With the pound collapsing--it's a spiral downwards.

Last edited:

The EU is world of shit and piss... Progressive lemmings love to wallow in it.

Many Brits are already sorry that they voted to leave and are asking for another referendum. They realize that they made a huge mistake. There is room for critics.

Most of us choose "eating" over anything else--LOL The UK is nothing like the U.S. We do provide our own food, and if necessary we can also provide our own energy. We have the resources in place that are active to do that. No food, no energy, no survival. The U.K doesn't have this.

They have to purchase essential necessities. With the pound collapsing--it's a spiral downwards.
I have no idea why someone so utterly clueless would bother posting:

North Sea oil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And you live in the violent unncivilized United States. Do not be casting any stones.

And you live in the violent unncivilized United States. Do not be casting any stones.
What are you talking about? I can go on vacation for a month or more and not even lock the doors at my house and not worry about it... And the murder rate is next to zero here. Lol
Nice try dip shit

E
Many Brits are already sorry that they voted to leave and are asking for another referendum. They realize that they made a huge mistake. There is room for critics.

I think it was a knee jerk reaction to a lot of things. But certainly no financial or economic planning was done in advance. I agree that every nation deserves it's own Sovereignty--but that takes a lot of planning before you jump off the cliff.

The U.S is in a different position, where we can give the world the middle finger and still survive, and I don't U.K. is in that same position. They have been a member of the EU since 1973. That's decades of being just a consumer nation, dependent on all others for necessities.

Forum List

Back