Prediction: Left wingers will rip into Great Britain

Most of us choose "eating" over anything else--LOL The UK is nothing like the U.S. We do provide our own food, and if necessary we can also provide our own energy. We have the resources in place that are active to do that. No food, no energy, no survival. The U.K doesn't have this.

They have to purchase essential necessities. With the pound collapsing--it's a spiral downwards.
I have no idea why someone so utterly clueless would bother posting:

North Sea oil - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There is also a chance that England might have little or no advantage from North Sea oil if Scotland pushes for independence:

"If Scotland were to get a "geographical share" based on the median line it would mean about 90% of the UK's oil resources would be under Scottish jurisdiction."

"According to research by Prof Kemp, in 2010 the Scottish share of total oil production in the UKCS was more than 95% while for gas it was 58%. The Scottish share of total hydrocarbon production (including NGLs) was 80%. The Scottish tax share exceeded 90%. This reflects the much higher value of oil compared to gas."

Who has a right to claim North Sea oil? - BBC News

You've got two conditionals, one dependent on the other. Then you've got a conclusion that is a stretch.

The British people have made a decision through direct democracy. The Scots are free to do so as well. Inventing fairy-tale scenarios is not going to make any difference.

Fairy-tale scenario? Really? Here is what an economist at the London School of Economics projects in terms of economic impact:

"Just to give you sort of ballpark numbers of what we think the impact will be, the next five years after the Brexit, we should expect GDP to decline by about 1 percent to 3 percent. One percent decline in British GDP means 720 pounds lower income per household per year. And this is a permanent effect that you will see."

"So these are not trivial effects. These are going to have – these are going to affect the lives of people, their economic prosperity, and especially those of young people who will be entering the job market now."

What Brexit might do to the British economy

Most of the economic projections reflect similar findings:

"The second part of the argument is that in the longer term – over the next 15 or so years - not being in the European Union would mean the economy does not grow as much as it otherwise would. This is the analysis that has been made by independent organisations such as the London School of Economics and The National Institute of Economic and Social Research (NIESR)."

"It has also been made by the Treasury. The Treasury’s central estimate is that Brexit would make GDP lower by 6.2 per cent in 2030 relative to staying in, equivalent to £4,300 for every UK household today. This is the amount by which George Osborne says UK households would be worse off as a result of Brexit."

What a Brexit would do to living standards in the UK

If this is a fairy-tale it promises an unhappy ending.

I've been around long enough to recognize a fairy tale scenario and to be wary of so-called experts and their forecasts.

I remember when Reagan was going to start World War III

You are "....wary of so-called experts". You might be right, its probably.......:

Too funny.

There is also a chance that England might have little or no advantage from North Sea oil if Scotland pushes for independence:

"If Scotland were to get a "geographical share" based on the median line it would mean about 90% of the UK's oil resources would be under Scottish jurisdiction."

"According to research by Prof Kemp, in 2010 the Scottish share of total oil production in the UKCS was more than 95% while for gas it was 58%. The Scottish share of total hydrocarbon production (including NGLs) was 80%. The Scottish tax share exceeded 90%. This reflects the much higher value of oil compared to gas."

You've got two conditionals, one dependent on the other. Then you've got a conclusion that is a stretch.

The British people have made a decision through direct democracy. The Scots are free to do so as well. Inventing fairy-tale scenarios is not going to make any difference.

Fairy-tale scenario? Really? Here is what an economist at the London School of Economics projects in terms of economic impact:

"Just to give you sort of ballpark numbers of what we think the impact will be, the next five years after the Brexit, we should expect GDP to decline by about 1 percent to 3 percent. One percent decline in British GDP means 720 pounds lower income per household per year. And this is a permanent effect that you will see."

"So these are not trivial effects. These are going to have – these are going to affect the lives of people, their economic prosperity, and especially those of young people who will be entering the job market now."

"The second part of the argument is that in the longer term – over the next 15 or so years - not being in the European Union would mean the economy does not grow as much as it otherwise would. This is the analysis that has been made by independent organisations such as the London School of Economics and The National Institute of Economic and Social Research (NIESR)."

"It has also been made by the Treasury. The Treasury’s central estimate is that Brexit would make GDP lower by 6.2 per cent in 2030 relative to staying in, equivalent to £4,300 for every UK household today. This is the amount by which George Osborne says UK households would be worse off as a result of Brexit."

I've been around long enough to recognize a fairy tale scenario and to be wary of so-called experts and their forecasts.

You are "....wary of so-called experts". You might be right, its probably.......:

Too funny.

I shall bow out of this sophisticated exchange. It's become too high-brow for me.

Too funny.

What if Admirale Ackabar said "FUCK!" instead of "it is a trap".

Just like they do here the left in Great Britain will begin a slow and systematic ridicule of Great Britain. I don't know if there are any Brits who are reading this but I can tell you that this is what these assholes do here so just be prepared for the coming daily onslaught. God Save the Queen

British NaziCons fucked things up - so why shouldn't left wingers rip them.
The EU is world of shit and piss... Progressive lemmings love to wallow in it.
And you live in the violent unncivilized United States. Do not be casting any stones.
What are you talking about? I can go on vacation for a month or more and not even lock the doors at my house and not worry about it... And the murder rate is next to zero here. Lol
Nice try dip shit
Then why do so many right wingers on this board say that they need guns to protect their families ? Go for it dick head.
Location, location, location... Shit for brains

And you live in the violent unncivilized United States. Do not be casting any stones.
What are you talking about? I can go on vacation for a month or more and not even lock the doors at my house and not worry about it... And the murder rate is next to zero here. Lol
Nice try dip shit
Then why do so many right wingers on this board say that they need guns to protect their families ? Go for it dick head.
Yes, you can hide if you want. I left the United States 20 years ago for a better place.

Nice try dip shit
Yes, you can hide if you want. I left the United States 20 years ago for a better place.
Lemmings follow other clueless lemmings, you're proof...

Too funny.

I shall bow out of this sophisticated exchange. It's become too high-brow for me.

Don't forget to take your lack of facts and unfounded suspicions with you.

Ewen MacAskill, a reporter for The Guardian, had an interesting exchange with Trump.

Asked about [Prime Minister David] Cameron, [Trump] expressed sympathy for him, even though there had been what he described as rough patches, presumably a reference to the former prime minister’s criticism of the presumptive Republican candidate. Asked about Boris Johnson, he declined to comment.

Trump said his relationship with the UK was a “love-fest”. I asked Trump why Cameron was not prepared to meet him. He replied: “David Cameron would have met me. David Cameron was negotiating to meet me. But I do not think he wants to meet anyone right now.”

I said no senior UK or Scottish politician wanted to meet him, citing Nicola Sturgeon and Alex Salmond, and suggested it was because he was toxic. Taking offence at the question, he described me as “a nasty, nasty guy”.
Donald Trump just took idiot to a whole new level

Nice try dip shit
Lemmings follow other clueless lemmings, you're proof...
Go be stupid with someone else.

This is not to say that this entire vote might end up being overturned with a future vote, but at the very least it shows that at least a good deal of the population want their country back as well as control of their borders.

Wrong....First of all, snobbish Britain never considered itself part of Europe.....and that country was one of the least impacted by foreigners (except those from former colonies like India and Pakistan)....Their vote to secede was based on demagoguery by right wingers vying for power at the expense of the country's economic stability.

Indian population in the UK is around 1.4 million which is not really much. Also, Indians are the largest investor in the UK.

However, it is true that they have a large Pakistani, Bangladeshi and Central Asian population.

You are mistaken if you believe that leaving the EU won't severely impact the British economy. For example, Britain's financial sector is a major factor in the health of the UK economy:

"Together the financial services and insurance sectors are huge contributors to the UK economy, both in terms of contribution to GDP, but also as employers. In 2014 the UK’s trade surplus in these two sectors accounted for £58bn, some 65% of the UK’s £89.1bn trade surplus in services."

Financial services, pensions and insurance – Business for Britain

However many financial institutions in the UK are already planning their move to the EU:

"If the banking passport is no longer available to British-based firms, then some operations would clearly have to shift to a location inside the EEA."

HSBC 'to move jobs to Paris if UK leaves single market' - BBC News

The EU is also the UK's largest trade partner:

"From a continental perspective, 53.6% of UK exports by value are delivered to European trade partners while 22.5% are sold to Asian importers."

Given the importance of the EU to the UK economy it is clear that the impact will be severe.

Some people chose freedom over money.

Most of us choose "eating" over anything else--LOL The UK is nothing like the U.S. We do provide our own food, and if necessary we can also provide our own energy. We have the resources in place that are active to do that. No food, no energy, no survival. The U.K doesn't have this.

They have to purchase essential necessities. With the pound collapsing--it's a spiral downwards.

North Sea oil isn't going to save the UK. From your own link:

"As of January 2015, the North Sea was the world's most active offshore drilling region with 173 active rigs drilling.[6] By May 2016, the North Sea oil&gas industry was financially stressed by the reduced oil prices, and called for government support.[25]"
Also a large portion of the oil and gas in the North Sea belongs to Norway:

"The British and Norwegian sections hold most of the remainder of the large oil reserves. It is estimated that the Norwegian section alone contains 54% of the sea's oil reserves and 45% of its gas reserves."

I was pointing out oreo's ignorance. The UK does indeed have a robust economy and an equally robust energy sector. Flailing around this topic to condemn the will of the British people is pretty week stuff.

Nope they don't. I know Americans who live in the UK--and the biggest joke they make is that they are a non-producing country. We tried to figure out what they exported and one said "well they play a lot of cricket"--maybe they make that toy. Your issue with the energy--is that 27 other countries have a hand in the oil also, an economy that was shared in 27 countries, in an effort to be competitive with the United States. And we all know that no one eats oil.

Time will tell, but clearly they were not prepared at this time to cut off decades of dependency on other countries. That's why the pound is getting pounded.

Just like they do here the left in Great Britain will begin a slow and systematic ridicule of Great Britain. I don't know if there are any Brits who are reading this but I can tell you that this is what these assholes do here so just be prepared for the coming daily onslaught. God Save the Queen

It was the left that screwed up Britain in the first place when then had 14 years of power over everyone and everything. We can see their footprints in the sands of time pushed very deeply down. I can remember the left imposing wage cuts on their supporters because they had wasted momey, then closing doen industry for the same reasons. We had them LYING about migrants numbers to cover up their failures, and leaving the doors open so they could flood the country and abuse welfare. The left are the communists and marxists of the Russian revolution and will not hesitate to have public beatings and executions to rule the people by fear. The centrist and right of centre are much better and think of the country's needs as a whole. and not their own greed.

Down with the left

The O/Poster is an idiot......(and even he knows that) .....Brits are about to lose tens of thousands of jobs of their citizens working in EU countries who now must repatriate.......As Scotland pulls out of the UK, the British Empire is a lot smaller.

And lose hundreds of thousands of EU workers when they get kicked out. and the Brits returning home will fill those places with the shortfall taken by the feckless and workshy. Then the NHS will find it is less busy as the Europeans wont be taking up all the time and resources, then the same with housing, education and welfare which will be eased due to the loss of 10 million EU migrants milking the system.

Scotland have already shown they cant go it alone when Salmond stated he would fund the country from north sea oil for 10 years, allowing him to reduce taxes while increasing spending. The truth was he would have bankrupt Scotland within 1 month and come crawling cap in hand to rejoin the Union. The EU told him that he was not going to become a member on the back of Britain membership and he had to have something to offer to join.

Goodbye Scotland and start producing the woad when we use Scots migrants to rebuild Hadrian's wall and put the chain guns in the towers

Conservative austerity and wealth inequality will likely lead to civil wars - if not world wars.

No it will lead to a unified nation that will have pride in itself and once again rule the world of industry. Why should a workshy feckless waste of space junkie get more welfare than a elderly person who has worked all their lives and paid into the coffers. The left seem to think that the feckless are the salt of the earth because they have left wing views, while the elderly retired persons are scum because they oppose left wing views.

The left have had their day and are dinosaurs on the verge of extinction

So much ignorance about British politics.
The left wing despises the EU and voted to leave.

And turned coats at the last second when it looked like they were backing the losing side again. The evidence is on here in your own posts spreading lies and propaganda about the leave campaign. How Wales would vote to stay ( what happened couldn't you get enough people out there) and that the remain would win hands down. The left wing extremists like Corbyn dithered so much that the rank and file decided to vote with their minds and not as ordered leaving the neo Marxists floundering.

The left wing are pro EU as they saw it as the new USSR, to replace the damaged one. Now more nations are demanding referendums

And turned coats at the last second when it looked like they were backing the losing side again. The evidence is on here in your own posts spreading lies and propaganda about the leave campaign. How Wales would vote to stay ( what happened couldn't you get enough people out there) and that the remain would win hands down. The left wing extremists like Corbyn dithered so much that the rank and file decided to vote with their minds and not as ordered leaving the neo Marxists floundering.

The left wing are pro EU as they saw it as the new USSR, to replace the damaged one. Now more nations are demanding referendums
Here you are shit for brains.
What we need is a people’s Brexit

Is that the best you have a left wing rag
Not just left wing but Commie!

Originally called The Daily Worker, the Morning Star was founded by the Communist Party of Great Britain and first published on 1 January 1930. The aim was, in Lenin’s words, to provide “an economic and political tool of the masses in their struggle”.

Forum List

Back