President Biden’s 2024 State of the Union Address

I merely attempted to READ what they did - the sexual violence - and I couldn’t complete the article. And we have at least ONE person on this forum who says that what the Jews are now doing to the Muslims is just as bad as what the terrorists did to them.

They are equating the Jews with the terrorists. That’s how strong the antisemitism is.

No question Israel had the moral high ground after the Hamas attacks and atrocities.

However, by taking out their wrath on innocent Palestinians they have lost the moral high ground.

You have to try to avoid civilian casualties, take care of refugees, ensure humanitarian aid is distributed.

By their indifference in treatment of Palestinians, Israel has moved from victim to villain

I merely attempted to READ what they did - the sexual violence - and I couldn’t complete the article. And we have at least ONE person on this forum who says that what the Jews are now doing to the Muslims is just as bad as what the terrorists did to them.

They are equating the Jews with the terrorists. That’s how strong the antisemitism is.

It’s also too stupid.

Rabble-like mentality.

A lot of politics not a lot of substance.

He railed about junk food getting smaller?
Really?

Every problem is someone else's fault?
Really?

He deserved his heckling.
Republicans whine about inflation but do nothing as our President takes action to bring down prices on drugs, food and housing

Joe looks and acts just like Tommy Smothers, who used to play the dumb, clueless one with his brother. The problem is, Joe ain't playing. MAGA
/---/ Tommy Smothers (on the left) was likeable and quite talented. Dementia Joe, not so much.
1709900934549.png

Last edited:
So far it is just what I expected. The Dems say it was the best speech ever, the MAGA folks say it was the worst ever.

One thing I have not seen any disagreement on from either side is that the Official Rebuttal was a fucking disaster

It’s also too stupid.

Rabble-like mentality.
They also are pretending that Israel is indifferent to the Palestinians when they have in fact made efforts to avoid casualties and even cleared a path for their escape - AND when they know that the majority of the Palestinians agreed with the October 7th mutilation and torture of Jews.

It‘s like Golda Meir once said: “Everyone likes the Jews when we are to be pitied. They hate us when we fight back.”

Because Israel is on the ground in Gaza

They have reacted just like Hamas hoped they would and lost international Good Will

I doubt they care..

Are you as concerned about what’s going on in Yemen? Do you even know?

Why isn’t Egypt (Gaza’s former occupiers) doing that?
Yup. Interesting how the leftists, who will insist they’re not antisemitic, never mention how Egypt should be taking them. Most of them are Egyptian, anyway.

In reality, something unfamiliar to Biden, Joe probably doesn't remember anything he read last night. If he were given a quiz on his own speech, my guess is he'd score around 10-20%, and that's being charitable. And I also see Kamala also found her calling. She can pop up and clap with the best of them. MAGA

That was awesome, wasn’t it?

He spoke so well, so quickly, so intelligently, and transitioned so effectively that the Republican members, decorated like NASCAR cars with stupid, pandering buttons and hats, looked like, well… idiots.

They could not get a word in. They could not get a jeer in. They could not get a made-for-TikTok protest in.

Republicans were on their heels the entire evening. And they probably knew it from the outset.

They tried to whine about immigration and he destroyed them.

This was not the Biden that Fox News had told them to expect.

This was not the Biden that they were prepared for.

No one is paying attention to their “response.” No one cares. No one cares who jeered, who heckled, and no one cares about Marjorie Taylor Greene’s hat.

No one. President Biden won the night, and it will carry over.

This was a seminal moment in U.S. politics.

That’s all.

Moses looked like he was constipated. That was embarrassing.
/----/
1709901389089.png

He spoke so well, so quickly, so intelligently, and transitioned so effectively that the Republican members, decorated like NASCAR cars with stupid, pandering buttons and hats, looked like, well… idiots.

They could not get a word in. They could not get a jeer in. They could not get a made-for-TikTok protest in.

Republicans were on their heels the entire evening. And they probably knew it from the outset.

No one is paying attention to their “response.” No one cares. No one cares who jeered, who heckled, and no one cares about Marjorie Taylor Greene’s hat.

That’s all.

Biden knocked it out of the park.
The best part was seeing Trump alternately rolling his eyes and having that mugshot hostage look on his face for the entire speech. He knows he's in trouble.
As are Republicans this fall if things hold. :)

It‘s like Golda Meir once said: “Everyone likes the Jews when we are to be pitied. They hate us when we fight back.”

That’s certainly true. They get off on Holocaust atrocities. It’s a twisted fetish for those types.

One saying comes to mind, in all this:

”No good deed goes unpunished”​

I’m put in mind of the liberal peacenik Jews living near the Gaza border, taking Gazans to the hospital. And even Israel itself granting work permits to those Palestinians who got jobs in Sderot and surrounding areas.

Latest polls show Trump beating Biden by 8 points. Up 3 after last night.

Will be interesting to see if there's a shift after last night. I expect there to be. I'm a Biden-skeptic Democrat who believes he probably shouldn't be running, but that was a great performance. He did everything his hand-wringing critics have been telling him to do.

That’s all.

1709901615161.png

Regardless of what happens between now and election day, Americans will vote based on if they believe their lives are better under Biden or under Trump and they will vote on which policies they believe put America in a better place. Everything before that day is just standard politics.

Forum List

Back