President Elect Trump on Obama & Isreal

Not to defend Obama, cause he did screw an ally. But i don't understand why so many Americans are obsessed with Israel. I don't get why most feel that the US has to do everything Israel orders it to do. I mean we are a sovereign nation. We don't take orders from foreign nations. We can have a separate and different foreign policy than Israel. We don't have to go to war every time Israel wants it.

I think it's time for us to separate a bit from Israel's foreign policy. The two nations' foreign policies are too tightly intertwined. Israel does seem to have too much influence. Now i know the usual suspects are gonna toss that knee-jerk 'You hate Jews!' accusation at me, but i assure you i don't hate anyone. I just don't feel we as a sovereign nation, should allow foreign nations to dictate our policies. Israel's a tiny nation with a huge amount of influence on our Government. I think it's too much. That's how i feel anyway.
And we send them huge amounts of gelt aka money

Israel's a strong ally. I'm good with that. But i don't get the American obsession with it. Most Americans seem too willing to do anything Israel demands. They support everything without question. Israel says jump, they say 'How High?' I think we just need to separate our foreign policy from theirs.

We don't have to go along with Israel on everything. We are a sovereign nation. I would actually like to see us dramatically scale back our presence in the Middle East overall. I don't want my country in the middle of the Israeli/Palestinian conflict anymore. Let them sort out their differences. I'm tired of getting sucked into quagmires over there. We can maintain a close relationship with Israel, but we don't have to feel obligated to go along with everything it decides.
Israel is our strongest ally in the region. We should be promoting fairness for this country.

I'm good with that. I don't think it's fair to label anyone who doesn't always go along with Israel, as being 'Racist' or 'Antisemitic.' I mean, there are many racists and Anti-Semites out there, but not everyone who disagrees with Israel 'hates Jews.' I just think it's time for our Government to separate its foreign policy from Israel's. We don't always have to go along. We're a sovereign nation that has to go its own way sometimes.

OK, lets talk turkey for a second here-------->

We are making you President today! Todays policy is going to set the Middle East trajectory for the next 5 years.

1. Being President, you now wear big boy pants, and so............in the Middle East, who do you trust the most! (you have to pick one because you are going to have to set policy with that country. It is the way of the world, and having influence on that region, so you MUST CHOOSE 1)

2. Who do DISTRUST the most? (and again, you must choose 1)

3. Which country is the one most likely to do our bidding if need be?

4. Which country most closely mirrors how Americans think, and will be most likely to stay on board?

5. If for some reason we have to go to war in the Middle East and need our ally to help, who would be in the position to help the most?

6. Finally.........and this is a biggie...a real biggie----------->Which country in the Middle East, actually wants its current leaders? Because remember, we can cut a deal with anyone, but if that regime is ever overthrown, so to may be the deal. Remember our so called ally, the Shah of Iran! At this time in history, virtually EVERY Middle Eastern country's citizens are being oppressed by its leaders. There are probably more than 2, but the most OBVIOUS 2 that are more free than the rest are.......Israel and Turkey. Guess who our closest allies are in the region today-) (until Obama and Kerry pulled their crapola)

Finally, I ask you this question.......and there is no right or wrong answer, it is just based on opinion, but you seem intelligent, so play along----------->

You and I.......in fact all of us wake up tomorrow morning to discover that one of our coastal cities has been attacked from offshore; not with nuclear weapons, but conventional ones. I will not name the country that did it, we will just call it country of America haters. In the attack, 22,000 of our fellow citizens perished, massive amounts of damage, we have to send in supplies to that city instantly, as the infrastructure has collapsed. Without relief, we will lose another 5 to 10,000 within a week as it is the middle of winter.

Our President (make it whomever you want, I know, lets make it Biden) discovers through intelligence rather quickly which country did it. Problem is, this particular country has a loose coalition with other country's, that will probably stand up to us if we are alone, therefore we need back up, and fast.

Biden sends a delegation to the UN, and of course, one of the security council which is in the cabal VETOES the resolution to attack the killer country.

So now, we are alone! Or are we?!?!?!?! Who is with us! And which country from the Middle East would be there, ready to help us light the offender up, while scaring their coalition that America is NOT alone!

Politics my friend, politics! Something that when it comes to foreign policy, Obama is not to good at. Again, we can only hope for better from Trump!

Not to defend Obama, cause he did screw an ally. But i don't understand why so many Americans are obsessed with Israel. I don't get why most feel that the US has to do everything Israel orders it to do. I mean we are a sovereign nation. We don't take orders from foreign nations. We can have a separate and different foreign policy than Israel. We don't have to go to war every time Israel wants it.

I think it's time for us to separate a bit from Israel's foreign policy. The two nations' foreign policies are too tightly intertwined. Israel does seem to have too much influence. Now i know the usual suspects are gonna toss that knee-jerk 'You hate Jews!' accusation at me, but i assure you i don't hate anyone. I just don't feel we as a sovereign nation, should allow foreign nations to dictate our policies. Israel's a tiny nation with a huge amount of influence on our Government. I think it's too much. That's how i feel anyway.

Israel's a strong ally. I'm good with that. But i don't get the American obsession with it. Most Americans seem too willing to do anything Israel demands. They support everything without question. Israel says jump, they say 'How High?' I think we just need to separate our foreign policy from theirs.

We don't have to go along with Israel on everything. We are a sovereign nation. I would actually like to see us dramatically scale back our presence in the Middle East overall. I don't want my country in the middle of the Israeli/Palestinian conflict anymore. Let them sort out their differences. I'm tired of getting sucked into quagmires over there. We can maintain a close relationship with Israel, but we don't have to feel obligated to go along with everything it decides.
Israel is our strongest ally in the region. We should be promoting fairness for this country.

I'm good with that. I don't think it's fair to label anyone who doesn't always go along with Israel, as being 'Racist' or 'Antisemitic.' I mean, there are many racists and Anti-Semites out there, but not everyone who disagrees with Israel 'hates Jews.' I just think it's time for our Government to separate its foreign policy from Israel's. We don't always have to go along. We're a sovereign nation that has to go its own way sometimes.

We are making you President today! Todays policy is going to set the Middle East trajectory for the next 5 years.

1. Being President, you now wear big boy pants, and so............in the Middle East, who do you trust the most! (you have to pick one because you are going to have to set policy with that country. It is the way of the world, and having influence on that region, so you MUST CHOOSE 1)

4. Which country most closely mirrors how Americans think, and will be most likely to stay on board?

5. If for some reason we have to go to war in the Middle East and need our ally to help, who would be in the position to help the most?

6. Finally.........and this is a biggie...a real biggie----------->Which country in the Middle East, actually wants its current leaders? Because remember, we can cut a deal with anyone, but if that regime is ever overthrown, so to may be the deal. Remember our so called ally, the Shah of Iran! At this time in history, virtually EVERY Middle Eastern country's citizens are being oppressed by its leaders. There are probably more than 2, but the most OBVIOUS 2 that are more free than the rest are.......Israel and Turkey. Guess who our closest allies are in the region today-) (until Obama and Kerry pulled their crapola)

Finally, I ask you this question.......and there is no right or wrong answer, it is just based on opinion, but you seem intelligent, so play along----------->

You and I.......in fact all of us wake up tomorrow morning to discover that one of our coastal cities has been attacked from offshore; not with nuclear weapons, but conventional ones. I will not name the country that did it, we will just call it country of America haters. In the attack, 22,000 of our fellow citizens perished, massive amounts of damage, we have to send in supplies to that city instantly, as the infrastructure has collapsed. Without relief, we will lose another 5 to 10,000 within a week as it is the middle of winter.

Our President (make it whomever you want, I know, lets make it Biden) discovers through intelligence rather quickly which country did it. Problem is, this particular country has a loose coalition with other country's, that will probably stand up to us if we are alone, therefore we need back up, and fast.

Biden sends a delegation to the UN, and of course, one of the security council which is in the cabal VETOES the resolution to attack the killer country.

So now, we are alone! Or are we?!?!?!?! Who is with us! And which country from the Middle East would be there, ready to help us light the offender up, while scaring their coalition that America is NOT alone!

Politics my friend, politics! Something that when it comes to foreign policy, Obama is not to good at. Again, we can only hope for better from Trump!
Very nice post Well done

But we are not throwing Israel to the dogs or do you believe we are?

Trump via Twitter:

We can't continue to let Israel be treated with such total disdain and disrespect. They used to have a great friend in the US, but not anymore. The beginning of the end was the horrible Iran deal and now this (UN)! Stay strong Israel, January 20th is fast approaching.

Netanyahu later responded via Twitter:

President Elect Trump, thank you for your warm friendship and your clear cut support for Israel.

Thoughts?
Obama will learn the hard way he can't fuck around with Trump.....

You mean how Obama just threw Israel to your fascist Dogs?

Trump via Twitter:

We can't continue to let Israel be treated with such total disdain and disrespect. They used to have a great friend in the US, but not anymore. The beginning of the end was the horrible Iran deal and now this (UN)! Stay strong Israel, January 20th is fast approaching.

President Elect Trump, thank you for your warm friendship and your clear cut support for Israel.

Thoughts?
Oh you're wrong and Obamas not through yet

It depends Ed. With what was passed, countries can now sanction Israel, kind of like what was done to Iran. (at least that is the way I am getting it) That is very, very, bad. We know just from geography, that there is no way in hell Israel can supply everything it needs. Hell, I doubt America can supply everything it needs anymore.

And so, basically what has happened is-----------> either America has to support Israel if the UN decides to sanction them, or.............America could abandon them I suppose, along with their nuclear arsenal that we would no longer have any influence on...............and, if poop hits the fan, we just lost the number 3 or 4 military in the world on our side.

I do NOT agree with a lot of what Israel does. I understand though, why they do it. I would expect no less out of us......and in fact seen it happen, when nuclear missiles were planted in Cuba. (I was in 2nd or 3rd grade) I do not know how accurate it was, but I remember reading that if those missiles had stayed in Cuba, 1/3 of the United States could have been gone before the President was able to get out of bed! That means that ALL of Israel would be gone since it is so small.

A very sticky situation indeed. I tend to try and look at the big picture to see if what was done was right, or wrong. QUESTION--------->Which American President in the last 65 years would have done what Obama did? ANSWER---------> None of them as far as I can see, up to and including Bill Clinton!

And so, I will take the brilliance of many Presidents over the supposed intelligence of this one. Even I know that Bill Clinton was a Rhode Scholar, and he certainly was a close friend of Israel. This isn't about left or right, this is about politics that we have to live with. To do this...............not when HE was going to be around to deal with it, but rather do it so his successor has to deal with these actions, is really nasty.

Hope you understand, and again, not left or right, but right or wrong and who/whom, is left to deal with the fallout!

He stopped sending them planes billion$??

He stopped sending them planes billion$??
English?

Trump via Twitter:

Thoughts?
Let us know if Obama ever starts....thanks....

Trump via Twitter:

Thoughts?
Guess you didn't think this israel thing the oil ban didn't get to chump???

Trump via Twitter:

Thoughts?
Guess you didn't think this israel thing the oil ban didn't get to chump???
Again...English please....

Trump via Twitter:

Thoughts?

We have continuously treated Israel with respect. Obama gave him a HUGE financial package - the biggest EVER. What is wrong with asking Israel - FOR ONCE - to stop something? The continued expansion of settlements is a huge sticking point in establishing a 2-state solution and Bibi has relentlessly pushed it while giving lipservice to two states and peace. Keep in mind - we voted against establishing an independent Palestinian state (outside of negotiation with Israel) in 2014. So much for treating Israel with disrespect. I think it's time ask Israel if it's serious about a 2-state solution or not.

Trump via Twitter:

Thoughts?

We have continuously treated Israel with respect. Obama gave him a HUGE financial package - the biggest EVER. What is wrong with asking Israel - FOR ONCE - to stop something? The continued expansion of settlements is a huge sticking point in establishing a 2-state solution and Bibi has relentlessly pushed it while giving lipservice to two states and peace. Keep in mind - we voted against establishing an independent Palestinian state (outside of negotiation with Israel) in 2014. So much for treating Israel with disrespect. I think it's time ask Israel if it's serious about a 2-state solution or not.
Until Obama...

Trump via Twitter:

Thoughts?

Until Obama...

Gee...Obama gave Bibi the biggest aid package ever spanning 10 years and vetod an independent Palestinian state and he is disrespecting Israel :cuckoo:

Netanyahu made Obama look like a stupid punk during a press conference, talking down to him like he was an idiot. This has stuck in Obama's craw every since, this is why you see Obama stabbing Israel in the back. The coward didn't even have the guts to be open about he, claiming he had nothing to do with it he just 'abstained'. Only a few more weeks and this gutless punk is gone from the White House, unfortunately Trump now has to clean up this mess also.

As for Kerry he has a track record of being a back stabbing traitor.

Forum List

Back