President Obama Causes Outrage with Reference to ‘Polish Death Camp’

My my..so much outrage..

What's the difference between the Polish killing Jews..and the Nazis killing Jews..

The Nazis used ovens.

Actually, I think neither my opinion, nor "the Polish Government's" really matter at all, in this case.

Do you think this is going to cause diplomatic problems? Is it going to effect voters in the 2012 election here?

Does this really effect ANYTHING AT ALL?

The answer to all of those questions is NO.

My first post, that you responded to, was responding to someone who was attempting to invalidate my opinion because I wasn't Polish - which I am, technically.
Again, you're claiming to speak for all of Poland.

Why do you do that?

Assholes frequently do that...
Liberals frequently claim the authority to speak for others.

Actually, I think neither my opinion, nor "the Polish Government's" really matter at all, in this case.

Do you think this is going to cause diplomatic problems? Is it going to effect voters in the 2012 election here?

The answer to all of those questions is NO.

My first post, that you responded to, was responding to someone who was attempting to invalidate my opinion because I wasn't Polish - which I am, technically.

Why do you do that?

Where exactly do you think that I'm speaking for "all of Poland"?

The answer to all of those questions is NO.​
Any of that ring a bell?

Why do you do that?

Any of that ring a bell?

What does that have to do with "speaking for Poland"?

I'm not speaking "for Poland", I'm giving my opinion of what I think the lasting effects of this are going to be - NOTHING.

Any of that ring a bell?

I'm not speaking "for Poland", I'm giving my opinion of what I think the lasting effects of this are going to be - NOTHING.
Looks like Poland thinks you're full of shit.

You see, they don't blindly worship The One.

Any of that ring a bell?

So now you're speaking for "Poland"?

Not to mention, I didn't vote for Obama in 2008, and I won't in 2012.

I know it makes you feel better to lump anyone who doesn't swallow your shit whole as an "Obama worshiper", but I think he's a corporate whore, and don't support him at all.

So now you're speaking for "Poland"?
Nope. I'm listening to what they're saying. Try it out. Unless you're afraid of finding out you're wrong.

Any of that ring a bell?

So, he who speaks for Poland - are you claiming that "Poland" thinks that this is going to have a major effect on diplomatic relations?

man oh man

SNIP:

Poles and Polish-Americans expressed outrage today at President Obama’s reference earlier to “a Polish death camp” — as opposed to a Nazi death camp in German-occupied Poland.

“The White House will apologize for this outrageous error,” Foreign Minister Radek Sikorski tweeted. Sikorski said that Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk “will make a statement in the morning. It’s a pity that this important ceremony was upstaged by ignorance and incompetence.”

The president had been trying to honor a famous Pole, awarding a Presidential Medal of Freedom to Jan Karski, a resistance fighter who sneaked behind enemy lines to bear witness to the atrocities being committed against Jews. President Obama referred to him being smuggled “into the Warsaw ghetto and a Polish death camp to see for himself.”

Sikorski also tonight tweeted a link to an Economist story noting that “few things annoy Poles more than being blamed for the crimes committed by the Nazi occupiers of their homeland. For many years, Polish media, diplomats and politicians have tried to persuade outsiders to stop using the phrase ‘Polish death camps’ as a shorthand description of Auschwitz and other exemplars of Nazi brutality and mass murder. Unfortunately this seems to have escaped BaracK Obama’s staff seem not to have noticed this.”

National Security Council spokesman Tommy Vietor said in a statement, “The President was referring to Nazi death camps operated in Poland. The President has demonstrated in word and deed his rock-solid commitment to our close alliance with Poland.”

read it all here
President Obama Causes Outrage with Reference to ‘Polish Death Camp’ - ABC News

I think it was an honest mistake.

Let the Poles bitch about it.

The guy is always giving speeches......he's bound to stumble every once in awhile.

I'd rather nail him for giving a Medal of Freedom to some communist in the White House yesterday than nail him about this.

So, he who speaks for Poland - are you claiming that "Poland" thinks that this is going to have a major effect on diplomatic relations?
I said I'm not speaking for Poland. Poland is. And they're vastly unhappy over Obama's incompetence.

Nope. I'm listening to what they're saying. Try it out. Unless you're afraid of finding out you're wrong.

What do you think that I'm wrong about?
Poland's opinion.

You keep claiming that I'm "speaking for Poland" - I think you might be missing something.

I truly don't give a shit about "Poland's opinion". Not in the slightest.

I'm not talking about "Poland's opinion" (not to mention, a country as a whole can't have an "opinion") - I'm talking about real-world repercussions to this gaffe.

There are none.

Forum List

Back