President Obama Causes Outrage with Reference to ‘Polish Death Camp’

That doesn't change the fact that a clear majority of Poles opposed the missile scheme. Just because a government official feels a certain way doesn't mean he represents mass opinion.

he's turned the world against us with his ass kissin. this is no different. just another country that hates us. he hates the poles anyway. and yes the voters know. this is just another nail in Obastards coffin

That doesn't change the fact that a clear majority of Poles opposed the missile scheme. Just because a government official feels a certain way doesn't mean he represents mass opinion.

Agree

as a side note

Was it a scientific poll?
What was the error of margin?

Agree

as a side note

The article doesn't mention the margin, but it wouldn't be so large as to swing the numbers by double digits.

Agree

as a side note

The article doesn't mention the margin, but it wouldn't be so large as to swing the numbers by double digits.

I did look to see
there is not enough information there to really say either way

Agree

as a side note

I did look to see

Except that Der Spiegel isn't some little backwoods partisan push press. It's one of the largest news magazines in the world.

I did look to see

Except that Der Spiegel isn't some little backwoods partisan push press. It's one of the largest news magazines in the world.

They did not do the poll
and it does seem odd that the poll does not
have reference to its makeup

Last edited:
They weren't.

Except for, you know, all the ones that were turning Jews over to the authorities. But let's forget about that...

No doubt

it was found all over Europe
like George Soros and his family

Soros worked for the Judenrat. That was the Jewish council set up by the Nazis responsible for rounding up Jews every day for the trains.

Yeah, not really comparable when the alternative is being the guy on the train.

Except for, you know, all the ones that were turning Jews over to the authorities. But let's forget about that...

No doubt

Soros worked for the Judenrat. That was the Jewish council set up by the Nazis responsible for rounding up Jews every day for the trains.

Well no doubt a statist gov't can force people to do a lot of things
that are wrong and against their better moral judgment

Must be why Progressives like big gov't so much

That would be my opinion, not "Poland's".

Your opinion is that no one, including Poland, is going to care about it.

Got it.

No. I never said that "no one cares about this".

My opinion is exactly what I said it was:

It's a faux pas. A blunder, a misstatement. It happens.
Its not a big deal.
Everyone will have forgotten about this in a few days.
There will be no lasting consequences, either in terms of Obama's approval rating, re-election, or diplomatic relations with Poland.

It wasn't even that. It was an ambiguous statement, that only a scumbag would call it a diss on the Poles.

Were the right wing death camps run by the right wing Nazis? Of course.

Were the worst of them in Poland? Sure.

Were they Polish death camps? Yes, in the sense that the worst of them were in Poland.

The wingnuts seem to be imploding with their foaming at the mouth attempts. Of course Our President was referring to the death camps in Poland, and not that they were owned by those people. In fact, the Poles had about the lowest collaboration rate in Nazi occupied
Europe during that war. I believe that the Polish underground only executed about 10,000 collaborators, and another 7,000 were tried in the aftermath.

No doubt

Governments of any size can do terrible things. Small governments don't make sub-Saharan Africa a paradise.

Governments of any size can do terrible things. Small governments don't make sub-Saharan Africa a paradise.

Well it would be relative or real terms to size and population of the nation

No doubt two overall equally oppressive gov't of different sized nations
would have different "size" of gov't - but both equally oppressive in scope/reach

Indeed what small gov't in real terms to its population and scope/reach
has been able to hurt the majority of its people?

Last edited:
I'm talking about in terms of the population. Somalia doesn't have a government to speak of, and it's surely not a peaceful place to live.

I'm talking about in terms of the population. Somalia doesn't have a government to speak of, and it's surely not a peaceful place to live.

But it is big in its reach and scope on the people, is it not?

Forum List

Back