President Obama Causes Outrage with Reference to ‘Polish Death Camp’

I think you'll find I'm not the one telling Holocaust jokes.

You don't seem to have a problem with that, though.

I don't. Not at all.

Humor is the only bandage for that sort of cultural wound.
Yet you get all bent out of shape for being called a retard. :eusa_boohoo:

?

The phrase "Classy." translates to me being "bent out of shape"?

You're welcome to call me a retard as much as you like.

I was just pointing out that it's a pretty good indicator that you've got nothing when the only response you've got is personal attacks.

The "real-world repercussions" are that the World thinks the people running our nation are idiots... And I'm in agreement.

Looks like Poland thinks you're full of shit.

You see, they don't blindly worship The One.

So, he who speaks for Poland - are you claiming that "Poland" thinks that this is going to have a major effect on diplomatic relations?
I said I'm not speaking for Poland. Poland is. And they're vastly unhappy over Obama's incompetence.

Do you think there will be any real-world repercussions to Poland being "unhappy".

The happiness of "Poland" is low on my scale of things I care about.

The "real-world repercussions" are that the World thinks the people running our nation are idiots... And I'm in agreement.

Yeah.

8 years of Bush?

How could they not think this country is being run by idiots.

Useful idiots at that..

China invades Tibet..US tries to complain..tut tut..Iraq.

Russian invades Georgia..US tries to complain..tut tut..Iraq.

Good stuff.

So, he who speaks for Poland - are you claiming that "Poland" thinks that this is going to have a major effect on diplomatic relations?
I said I'm not speaking for Poland. Poland is. And they're vastly unhappy over Obama's incompetence.

Do you think there will be any real-world repercussions to Poland being "unhappy".

The happiness of Poles is low on my scale of things I care about.

They are going to stop sending us Kelbasa..

The Conservatives are in a tizzy now.

What the heck will they do without Kelbasa!!!

man oh man

SNIP:

Poles and Polish-Americans expressed outrage today at President Obama’s reference earlier to “a Polish death camp” — as opposed to a Nazi death camp in German-occupied Poland.

“The White House will apologize for this outrageous error,” Foreign Minister Radek Sikorski tweeted. Sikorski said that Polish Prime Minister Donald Tusk “will make a statement in the morning. It’s a pity that this important ceremony was upstaged by ignorance and incompetence.”

The president had been trying to honor a famous Pole, awarding a Presidential Medal of Freedom to Jan Karski, a resistance fighter who sneaked behind enemy lines to bear witness to the atrocities being committed against Jews. President Obama referred to him being smuggled “into the Warsaw ghetto and a Polish death camp to see for himself.”

Sikorski also tonight tweeted a link to an Economist story noting that “few things annoy Poles more than being blamed for the crimes committed by the Nazi occupiers of their homeland. For many years, Polish media, diplomats and politicians have tried to persuade outsiders to stop using the phrase ‘Polish death camps’ as a shorthand description of Auschwitz and other exemplars of Nazi brutality and mass murder. Unfortunately this seems to have escaped BaracK Obama’s staff seem not to have noticed this.”

National Security Council spokesman Tommy Vietor said in a statement, “The President was referring to Nazi death camps operated in Poland. The President has demonstrated in word and deed his rock-solid commitment to our close alliance with Poland.”

read it all here
President Obama Causes Outrage with Reference to ‘Polish Death Camp’ - ABC News

Papa Obama must have confused it with the death camp, according to him, his uncle helped to
free- Auschwitz during World War II-

:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:
Wonder how the World views this President?

images

People here joke about this, and dismiss Soetoro's incompetence... Personally I find it both disturbing and embarrassing for the American people. The World is laughing at us all, except Poland of course.

Yeah.

8 years of Bush?

Useful idiots at that..

Good stuff.

I don't think Obama can come up with the most effective strateagory if all of that were to happen.

Russia kicks us in the balls then asks Obama for an apology.

Yeah.

8 years of Bush?

Useful idiots at that..

Good stuff.

I don't even want to try to understand where your deflection is trying to go.

People here joke about this, and dismiss Soetoro's incompetence... Personally I find it both disturbing and embarrassing for the American people. The World is laughing at us all, except Poland of course.

Combined with the scraping of the missile defense shield program in Europe by Papa Obama, developed by Bush, angered Poles as it signaled a key victory for Russia.

Combined with the scraping of the missile defense shield program in Europe by Papa Obama, developed by Bush, angered Poles as it signaled a key victory for Russia.

80 Billion dollars later and it still doesn't work.

Tell us again how fucking fiscally conservative you guys are..

:eusa_shifty:

Oh wait..can you say "Joint Strike Fighter"..

That was only 300 Billion.

Where's da plane, boss?

Angered Poles? A majority of Poles opposed the program.

Unlike its conservative predecessor, the Tusk government hasn't made the weapons system a central foreign policy issue. In fact, Tusk may even support Obama's decision. Ultimately, Tusk wants to get re-elected as president, and the missile shield has proven extremely unpopular with voters. More than half of Poles surveyed say they are against it, with only 29 percent supporting the shield.

Poles React: Warsaw Fears Washington Losing Interest in Eastern Allies - SPIEGEL ONLINE

Mr. Soetoro keeps making friends wherever he goes. I wonder how many years of damage control America will have to endure once he's gone, repairing relationships with Nation's he severed through his incompetency? Maybe the Queen of England can re-gift him that Ipod as a going away present come November.

Did the Poles throw a fit when Reagan put a wreath on the S. S. graveyard in Bitburg?

At the time of the Bitburg visit, the Poles were under the crushing oppression of Soviet Communism, remember? The Poles still thank Reagan for liberating from the USSR.

The Democratic Congress funded the defeat of the USSR, remember?

I thought you said the USSR wasn't defeated but decided to had a Gorby assisted suicide?

Remind which Dem Congressman called the USSR an Evil Empire?

Last edited:

Angered Poles? A majority of Poles opposed the program.

Unlike its conservative predecessor, the Tusk government hasn't made the weapons system a central foreign policy issue. In fact, Tusk may even support Obama's decision. Ultimately, Tusk wants to get re-elected as president, and the missile shield has proven extremely unpopular with voters. More than half of Poles surveyed say they are against it, with only 29 percent supporting the shield.

Poles React: Warsaw Fears Washington Losing Interest in Eastern Allies - SPIEGEL ONLINE

Well no doubt the anger was there

The former Czech prime minister, Mirek Topolanek, said: "This is not good news for the Czech state, for Czech freedom and independence. It puts us in a position wherein we are not firmly anchored in terms of partnership, security and alliance, and that's a certain threat."
The Polish deputy foreign minister, Andrzej Kremer, saidthat Warsaw had heard from different sources there were "serious chances" the anti-missile system would not be deployed.
---------------------------------------------------------------

But if the people's opinion matter
then you must support getting rid of Papa ObamaCare
since the majority are against it as well
:eusa_angel:

Forum List

Back