President Obama doing something that conservatives will never get behind..

If I remember correctly, George Washington offered to forgo a salary completely because he was already wealthy. Congress convinced him to take it. He wanted to set a precedent that you didn't have to already be wealthy to become President. Worked out well...

Obama...integrity....doesn't belong in the same paragraph let alone sentence.
Anyone who thinks Obama has integrity is a blind partisan party cheering sheep.

Will the Baggers in Congress follow suit? Let's see if they do....

I don't see how giving up part of your salary equates to integrity.

Showing Integrity:

6 minutes ago
Obama will give up portion of his salary
Posted by
CNN White House Producer Becky Brittain

Washington (CNN) – President Barack Obama will put 5% of his paycheck back into the federal government's coffers in a show of unity with furloughed federal workers, a senior administration official said Wednesday.

Obama, whose $400,000 annual salary is set in law and can't officially be changed, will write a check made out to the U.S. treasury every month beginning in April. Since the mandatory across-the-board spending cuts went into effect March 1, his payment for last month will be paid retroactively.
Obama will give up portion of his salary ? CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Not sure..but is this another first for an American President? Giving up part of his salary?

:clap2:

Does a millionaire giving up 5% of one of his minor salaries make up for all the bad things he's done?

Sallow -

1.) One of Obama's talking points in 2008 was to push for stricter GMO laws. Just a few weeks ago he signed the "Monsanto Protection Act". Earlier in his first term, he appointed a former Monsanto Exec to a head spot within the FDA. How can you support a man like this?

2.) One of Obama's talking points in 2008 was to provide greater transparency into Gov't, yet his Administration has prosecuted more whistleblowers in Presidential history (who were pointing out wrongdoing by our gov't). How can you support a man like this?

3.) One of Obama's talking points in 2008 was to 'change' Washington and to make sure Wall Street pays for its crimes. To date, not a single high-level Wall Street official has been prosecuted, despite rampant fraud being the reason our economy was ripped to shreds 2006-08. How can you support a man like this?

4.) In 2011 Obama said he would not sign the NDAA 2012 act because of it's provision around indefinite detention, and signed it anyways when it finally got to his desk, citing he needed to make sure the military was funded - fine (I accepted that). But in mid 2012, when ONLY that provision was challenged by a district judge as unconstitutional, his administration swooped in almost instantly to appeal. How can you support a man like this?

I can go on and on. Any thoughts?

Last edited:
Showing Integrity:

6 minutes ago
Posted by

Washington (CNN) – President Barack Obama will put 5% of his paycheck back into the federal government's coffers in a show of unity with furloughed federal workers, a senior administration official said Wednesday.

Obama, whose $400,000 annual salary is set in law and can't officially be changed, will write a check made out to the U.S. treasury every month beginning in April. Since the mandatory across-the-board spending cuts went into effect March 1, his payment for last month will be paid retroactively.

Not sure..but is this another first for an American President? Giving up part of his salary?

Does a millionaire giving up 5% of one of his minor salaries make up for all the bad things he's done?

Sallow -

1.) One of Obama's talking points in 2008 was to push for stricter GMO laws. Just a few weeks ago he signed the "Monsanto Protection Act". Earlier in his first term, he appointed a former Monsanto Exec to a head spot within the FDA. How can you support a man like this?

2.) One of Obama's talking points in 2008 was to provide greater transparency into Gov't, yet his Administration has prosecuted more whistleblowers in Presidential history (who were pointing out wrongdoing by our gov't). How can you support a man like this?

3.) One of Obama's talking points in 2008 was to 'change' Washington and to make sure Wall Street pays for its crimes. To date, not a single high-level Wall Street official has been prosecuted, despite rampant fraud being the reason our economy was ripped to shreds 2006-08. How can you support a man like this?

4.) In 2011 Obama said he would not sign the NDAA 2012 act because of it's provision around indefinite detention, and signed it anyways when it finally got to his desk citing he needed to make sure the military was funded - fine. But in mid 2012, when ONLY that provision was challenged by a district judge as unconstitutional, his administration swooped in almost instantly to appeal. How can you support a man like this?

I can go on and on. What are your reasons for 'liking' this President?

I'm sorry..but you failed to include a benchmark.

Who would you hold up as a "good" President from around 1900 or so.

Just for the sake of metrics.

I just can't get over saying this is integrity.
Man...Sallow once again goes to the level of Truthmatters here.
I don't care what party you support or what political compass you follow - anyone who pays any attention whatsoever to what has gone on in the past few years knows that Obama is no better or worse than your average politician. He bends the truth willingly to fit an idea, consistently claims he will do something with zero intention of actually doing it - and 100% of the time blames the other party to gain applause from the sheep.

If I remember correctly, George Washington offered to forgo a salary completely because he was already wealthy. Congress convinced him to take it. He wanted to set a precedent that you didn't have to already be wealthy to become President. Worked out well...

Heh..you don't remember correctly.

Washington was a shrewd one.

In George Washington's Expense Account -- the best-selling expense account in history -- Kitman shows how Washington brilliantly turned his noble gesture of refusing payment for his services as commander in chief of the Continental Army into an opportunity to indulge his insatiable lust for fine food and drink, extravagant clothing, and lavish accommodations. In a close analysis of the document that financed our Revolution, Kitman uncovers more scandals than you can shake a Nixon Cabinet member at -- and serves each up with verve and wit.
George Washington's Expense Account: George Washington, Marvin Kitman: 9780802137739: Amazon.com: Books

I just can't get over saying this is integrity.
Man...Sallow once again goes to the level of Truthmatters here.
I don't care what party you support or what political compass you follow - anyone who pays any attention whatsoever to what has gone on in the past few years knows that Obama is no better or worse than your average politician. He bends the truth willingly to fit an idea, consistently claims he will do something with zero intention of actually doing it - and 100% of the time blames the other party to gain applause from the sheep.

Well I put up a pepsi challenge.

Go for it.

Get a benchmark instead pissing in the wind.

Nothing in Mitt Romney's past even remotely suggests this to be true.

That's one of the reasons he did not release his tax returns.

You know, except when he donated his Salary as governor to charity.

And wrote it off.

And Obama isn't going to write it off? how is that at all relevant anyway?

You knew Romney donated his Salary as governor to charity and still claimed there was nothing in his past that remotely suggests this to be true. What you said is a flat out lie. He did the same with the Olympics.

So not only do we have nothing here that shows anything about Obama's integrity, you feel the need to deliberately lie to prove your point? Why on earth should we accept anything you've said about anyones integrity with any more than a grain of salt here?

Showing Integrity:

Sallow -

4.) In 2011 Obama said he would not sign the NDAA 2012 act because of it's provision around indefinite detention, and signed it anyways when it finally got to his desk citing he needed to make sure the military was funded - fine. But in mid 2012, when ONLY that provision was challenged by a district judge as unconstitutional, his administration swooped in almost instantly to appeal. How can you support a man like this?

Sallow, I mean could you at least address my concerns. I believe you are deflecting here.

The man ran on principles and got elected for the words and promises he made. Should he not be accountable for turning his back on those who voted for him? Is that "OK" because other politicians in the past were also liars without any integrity? That's not sound logic...

As for a few benchmarks (I can think of off the top of my head); Bush was much better at prosecuting top ranking Wall Street criminals (ie remember Enron?) and he was much, much less harsh on the whistleblowers than Obama. What the heck?

So, how do you explain those actions without deflecting (and why I should like the guy)?

Last edited:
Showing Integrity:

6 minutes ago
Posted by

Would that be the workers who are being furloughed as a result of the sequester idea he came up with? I recall the Republicans coming up with pass a budget or you don't get paid plan which the Democrats did not rally behind.

Sallow -

Sallow, I mean could you at least address my concerns. I believe you are deflecting here.

The man ran on principles and got elected for the words and promises he made. Should he not be accountable for that simply because other politicians in the past have also been liars? That's not sound logic...

As for a few benchmarks (I can think of off the top of my head); Bush was much better at prosecuting Wall Street criminals (ie remember Enron?) and he was much, much less harsh on the whistleblowers than Obama. What the heck?

So, how do you explain those actions without deflecting (and why I should like the guy)?

Well no.

Bush wasn't going to do squat until Eliot Spitzer threatened to sue the government.

And really?

You are putting Bush up against Obama?

:lol:

Showing Integrity:

6 minutes ago
Posted by

Would that be the workers who are being furloughed as a result of the sequester idea he came up with? I recall the Republicans coming up with pass a budget or you don't get paid plan which the Democrats did not rally behind.

Except "he" didn't come up with the idea. And this isn't the first time something like this happened as a result of a "crisis" manufactured by Conservatives (who only seem to care about debt and deficits when a Democrat is in the White House).

Conservatives closed the government, twice, during the Clinton Administration.

What a horrible person that Obama is....now if only Congress would do the same.

Just another marketing ploy by the campaigner in chief, more snake oil to lube the throats of the left as they worship him from their knees. He will write it off on his taxes next year when his minions are looking elsewhere.

The man ran on principles and got elected for the words and promises he made. Should he not be accountable for that simply because other politicians in the past have also been liars? That's not sound logic...

As for a few benchmarks (I can think of off the top of my head); Bush was much better at prosecuting Wall Street criminals (ie remember Enron?) and he was much, much less harsh on the whistleblowers than Obama. What the heck?

Well no.

Bush wasn't going to do squat until Eliot Spitzer threatened to sue the government.

And really?

You are putting Bush up against Obama?

:lol:

Still, Sallow, you haven't addressed any of my four points and what you thought about them specifically - why?

And you think Obama is somehow better than Bush? If you've been paying attention, it's pretty clear that Obama has been perpetuating and accelerating many of Bush's worst policies.

A few examples would be expanding the power of the Dept. of Homeland Security (and it's domestic spy capabilities), continuing America's imperial conquest of the middle east and blowing up schools and children through our Flying Death Machine program (do you folks realize the Iraq war ended on the schedule Bush set up?), appointing lobbyists to key positions in organizations like the FDA (which are supposed to regulate companies the lobbyists used to work for)... to name a few.

What's your thought on the bizarre behavior around the NDAA 2012 bill? Isn't due process an important right to US citizens?

Anyways, could you address my original points?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back