President Obama doing something that conservatives will never get behind..

And really?

You are putting Bush up against Obama?

:lol:

Yeah. He is. It's quite common to compare the current President with his immediate predecessor.

The fact that you haven't really disputed any of his points, in fact, you conceded them, tells me that his comparison was on point.

I'm sorry..but you failed to include a benchmark.

Who would you hold up as a "good" President from around 1900 or so.

Just for the sake of metrics.

Sallow, I mean could you at least address my concerns. I believe you are deflecting here.

The man ran on principles and got elected for the words and promises he made. Should he not be accountable for that simply because other politicians in the past have also been liars? That's not sound logic...

As for a few benchmarks (I can think of off the top of my head); Bush was much better at prosecuting Wall Street criminals (ie remember Enron?) and he was much, much less harsh on the whistleblowers than Obama. What the heck?

So, how do you explain those actions without deflecting (and why I should like the guy)?

Well no.

Bush wasn't going to do squat until Eliot Spitzer threatened to sue the government.

And really?

You are putting Bush up against Obama?

Which President gave a higher % of income to charity?
Which President paid a higher % of income in taxes?
Which President took tax loopholes like $100,000 loss carry forward?
Which President made 2 times the amount of the other President, preached to us to be our "brother's keeper" while his brother lives in a $12/yr hut?
FACTS below!!!
http://taxes.about.com/b/2011/04/26/obamas-2010-tax-returns.htm]Obama's 2010 Tax Returns

• $1,728,096 Obama's 2010 taxable income
  • $245,075 (or 14.18% of his income as donations to charities (WOW a big chunk of change at 14%!!!) THIS IS A TAX LOOPHOLE
  • $ 49,945 home mortgage interest TAX LOOPHOLE which is the 3rd largest tax deduction
  • $122,527 Long term capital loss CARRYOVER!!! 7% sheltered income!!TAX LOOPHOLE FOR MILLIONAIRES AND BILLIONAIRES!!! 7th largest!
  • $453,770 Taxes paid which is ONLY 26.26% of gross income.

$719,274 for the tax year 2007 President and Mrs. George W. Bush reported taxable income
$165,660 [or 23% of taxable income-- Obama 14%] donations by Bush to churches and charitable organizations.
NO TAX write offs. NO LOOPHOLES!
$221,635 (this is 30% of taxable income versus Obama 26% paid in federal income taxes.)

Bush earned $719,000 in 2007 - CNN.com

So which president who donated less then the other WHILE preaching to us...
"It is that fundamental belief — I am my brother's keeper, I am my sister's keeper —" YET his brother lives in a $12 hut!

If I remember correctly, George Washington offered to forgo a salary completely because he was already wealthy. Congress convinced him to take it. He wanted to set a precedent that you didn't have to already be wealthy to become President. Worked out well...

Heh..you don't remember correctly.

Washington was a shrewd one.

In George Washington's Expense Account -- the best-selling expense account in history -- Kitman shows how Washington brilliantly turned his noble gesture of refusing payment for his services as commander in chief of the Continental Army into an opportunity to indulge his insatiable lust for fine food and drink, extravagant clothing, and lavish accommodations. In a close analysis of the document that financed our Revolution, Kitman uncovers more scandals than you can shake a Nixon Cabinet member at -- and serves each up with verve and wit.
George Washington's Expense Account: George Washington, Marvin Kitman: 9780802137739: Amazon.com: Books

Poorly researched, misleading and out of context. Are we really to believe that George Washington was the leader of our army with the goal making money on his expense account? Please folks, read some real books about what this man went through and the true miracle he pulled off. Kitman is a very poor historian and should not present himself as one.
Review at bottom of the link.

Kitman was/is a humorist of sorts. He was a TV critic for a period of time.

On the other hand, it isn't just Kitman who notes the "unusual" expense accounting of General Washington.

History House: Put it on Washington's Tab

What a horrible person that Obama is....now if only Congress would do the same.

Even if Congress did the same thing, it wouldnt balance the budget. In fact, it's a pretty cheap ploy to avoid balancing the budget.

Heck, if Obama & Congress would manage our tax money more efficiently, Id be very happy giving them all raises.

Still doesn't show how Obama has any integrity. Especially in light of the countless promises he hasnt kept.

If I remember correctly, George Washington offered to forgo a salary completely because he was already wealthy. Congress convinced him to take it. He wanted to set a precedent that you didn't have to already be wealthy to become President. Worked out well...

Heh..you don't remember correctly.

Washington was a shrewd one.

In George Washington's Expense Account -- the best-selling expense account in history -- Kitman shows how Washington brilliantly turned his noble gesture of refusing payment for his services as commander in chief of the Continental Army into an opportunity to indulge his insatiable lust for fine food and drink, extravagant clothing, and lavish accommodations. In a close analysis of the document that financed our Revolution, Kitman uncovers more scandals than you can shake a Nixon Cabinet member at -- and serves each up with verve and wit.
George Washington's Expense Account: George Washington, Marvin Kitman: 9780802137739: Amazon.com: Books

Eh, may have just been another presidential tall tale.

Doesn't matter to me what the President does with his salary either way. I wouldn't have thought less of him for keeping it all. It's his salary to do with what he pleases.

Showing Integrity:

6 minutes ago
Obama will give up portion of his salary
Posted by
CNN White House Producer Becky Brittain

Washington (CNN) – President Barack Obama will put 5% of his paycheck back into the federal government's coffers in a show of unity with furloughed federal workers, a senior administration official said Wednesday.

Obama, whose $400,000 annual salary is set in law and can't officially be changed, will write a check made out to the U.S. treasury every month beginning in April. Since the mandatory across-the-board spending cuts went into effect March 1, his payment for last month will be paid retroactively.
Obama will give up portion of his salary ? CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Not sure..but is this another first for an American President? Giving up part of his salary?

:clap2:

"I wish I was like you, easily amused"

Eh, may have just been another presidential tall tale.

Doesn't matter to me what the President does with his salary either way. I wouldn't have thought less of him for keeping it all. It's his salary to do with what he pleases.

Exactly, so how does this show integrity to do this?

Showing Integrity:

6 minutes ago
Posted by

Washington (CNN) – President Barack Obama will put 5% of his paycheck back into the federal government's coffers in a show of unity with furloughed federal workers, a senior administration official said Wednesday.

Obama, whose $400,000 annual salary is set in law and can't officially be changed, will write a check made out to the U.S. treasury every month beginning in April. Since the mandatory across-the-board spending cuts went into effect March 1, his payment for last month will be paid retroactively.

Not sure..but is this another first for an American President? Giving up part of his salary?

I also applaud Obama! Great idea! I think he is doing the right thing! 5% of $400,000 is $20,000!

Just about the amount he could have paid if he did like GWB did pay 30% of his taxes to the IRS!

He actually could have done it though like George Bush did..

i.e. donate MORE MONEY to charity and GWB paid more in taxes taking less tax loopholes!

Obama's 2010 Tax Returns

• $245,075 (or 14.18% of his income as donations to charities (WOW a big chunk of change at 14%!!!) THIS IS A TAX LOOPHOLE
  • $ 49,945 home mortgage interest TAX LOOPHOLE which is the 3rd largest tax deduction
  • $122,527 Long term capital loss CARRYOVER!!! 7% sheltered income!!TAX LOOPHOLE FOR MILLIONAIRES AND BILLIONAIRES!!! 7th largest!

$719,274 for the tax year 2007 President and Mrs. George W. Bush reported taxable income
$165,660 [or 23% of taxable income-- Obama 14%] donations by Bush to churches and charitable organizations.
$221,635 (this is 30% of taxable income versus Obama 26% paid in federal income taxes.)

I mean facts don't lie! Obama is doing this as an optic but behind close doors with his scheming tax accounts figures out how he can deduct it from his taxes!

Don't forget bush made a bundle on that stadium deal, eminent domain, the old fashioned capitalist screw the little guy way.. He should donate bundle. This was before a became a terrorist. You right wingers sure have dirtbags for heroes. Obama is normal in comparison.

Seems like a small price to pay for getting the Ambassador and 3 others killed in Benghazi and for Brian Terry

Don't forget bush made a bundle on that stadium deal, eminent domain, the old fashioned capitalist screw the little guy way.. He should donate bundle. This was before a became a terrorist. You right wingers sure have dirtbags for heroes. Obama is normal in comparison.

Capitalists don't make money screwing people. They make money helping people. If people were screwed by what they did, they wouldn't pay them money for things that screwed them.

Obama is hardly normal. He is one of the most corrupt Presidents in at least 50 years. Maybe more.

Isn't appointing a former Monsanto VP to a top spot within the FDA (an obvious conflict of interests) kind of a dirtbag move too?

What makes it worse is that he campaigned in 2008 making people believe that he thought the Gov't should be tougher on GMO's and that "everyone has a right to know" (with regards to labeling, ect). Wonder how those promises correlate to the Monsanto Protection Act recently signed into law by him?

Are President Obama supporters blind to this? Do they not care? Really - I'm flabbergasted.

These are real, provable things our President has done (not conspiracy or opinion), so why the lack of response? He's your man, so back him up already. I want to hear your thoughts....

Last edited:
So, he will give up $20,000? That will run AF1 for about what, 6 minutes of his next vacation?

How big of him.

Mitt Romney vowed to donate his entire salary if elected!
Romney vows to donate salary if elected. | Opinion - Conservative

Of course you say that is a drop in the bucket for him. Same for Obummer! As President Obama doesn't pay for anything: food, vacations, travel, living expense, body guards, utilities, kids school, etc, so income really isn't an issue. When his term is over, he will make millions a month doing speaking engagements.

This 5% cut isn't showing integrity. It's showing a LACK of integrity! It's a political move and nothing more. If he really wanted to show integrity, he would have cut fat in some many areas and balanced a budget so things like this won't happen.

For the record, that 5% is not even the clothing budget for Michelle's lavish travel budget. If he wanted to do something he would have stated and in solidarity with these workers I will no longer allow my wife to spend tens of millions of tax payor dollars on her many vacations!

Showing Integrity:

6 minutes ago
Posted by

Showing Integrity:

I also applaud Obama! Great idea! I think he is doing the right thing! 5% of $400,000 is $20,000!

Just about the amount he could have paid if he did like GWB did pay 30% of his taxes to the IRS!

He actually could have done it though like George Bush did..

i.e. donate MORE MONEY to charity and GWB paid more in taxes taking less tax loopholes!

Obama's 2010 Tax Returns

I mean facts don't lie! Obama is doing this as an optic but behind close doors with his scheming tax accounts figures out how he can deduct it from his taxes!

Well using your technique.. making stupid mof.. statements with absolutely NO PROOF.. I provided links.. where are YOURS?

JasonFree made pooh-pooh piles which he forced his mom to buy and then gave her a toothbrush when he complained about her shitty breath!
How's that for a dirtbag heroine! Or should I say for a heroin user???

he could really shows he means business and RESIGN

Then he take his lously 5% WITH HIM:clap2:

Since pooh-pooh couldn't prove his Bush bashing.. here let me help him!!!'

Bush received a 2% share by investing $606,302, of which $500,000 was a bank loan in 1989.
OK anything wrong there??

When the Rangers franchise was sold for $250 million in 1998, at a total profit of $170 million,
Bush personally received $14.9 million for his $600,000 investment.[7]
Pretty damn good investment!

As managing general partner of the Rangers, Bush assisted the team's media relations and the construction of a new stadium.[8] Many in Arlington protested that the stadium was paid for with public funds, and when the stadium title was given to the Texas Rangers Organization, it effectively allowed Bush to cash out public funds. Some say this was evidence of organized corruption. His public role generated valuable goodwill and reinforced name recognition throughout Texas that was already high as he had the identical name as his father who was President during this era.

Professional life of George W. Bush - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's a tad bit quiet on the Obama supporter front (lol).

Going to leave you all with this interesting quote from an article:
Link: Top senator apologizes for 'Monsanto Protection Act' after public outrage ? RT USA

"Included in the bill is a rider, Section 735, which says federal courts cannot intervene and halt biotech companies from planting and selling GMO goods to the public, even if testing proves them to be potentially hazardous to the greater public."

"But even after more than 250,000 people signed a petition asking the White House to intervene and ensure the bill was not passed, Pres. Obama nonetheless approved it last week."

Is this the same guy Sallow was praising in the OP or am I going crazy or something?

Last edited:
Will it before or after this gig?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

First Couple hosts celeb-filled concert amid sequestration | The Daily Caller

what a JOKE

Oh one more point JasonPoohPooh...
At least Bush was NEVER so hypocritical as to pompously preach to us about his being his brother's keeper AND yet does NOTHING to help his
brother that lives in a $12 hut!

The shear stupidity of someone bragging about giving 5% when HE COSTS on each hour of AF1 $180,000???
His trip ON AF1 playing golf with Tiger cost $800,000 ! This dickhead is so pompous he probably knows idiots like Jason think that's cool!

Forum List

Back