President Obama doing something that conservatives will never get behind..

5%... Big spender.

That's 20K.

Any other President you can think of that did this?

I really don't know. Didn't check google yet.

When Romney was governor of MA, he gave 100% of his salary back. He worked for $1 or something.

So did Ahnold in California.

I know, that's not President, etc. (may as well get the liberals' quibbles out of the way)

So I am sure you can show they didn't write those charitable donations off against other income..right?

Links and all.

He is a multi-millionaire. What is the alleged "standard" these days for being in the so-called 1%?

I'd say it starts at around a billion or so.

Obama's worth around 10 million.

CNN says that anyone who makes more than $370,000 a year is in the 1%. Obama is in the 1% by didn't of his salary alone, even after giving back 5% of it.

What it takes to get into the top 1% - Nov. 20, 2012

That's from 2012.

And..

But on average, the top 1% earned $1.12 million, up from $980,000 the year before.

And really?

You are putting Bush up against Obama?

:lol:

Yeah. He is. It's quite common to compare the current President with his immediate predecessor.

The fact that you haven't really disputed any of his points, in fact, you conceded them, tells me that his comparison was on point.

I haven't 'conceded' anything.

I also find it hilarious that people that vote in atrocious presidents that Bush somehow think that a president like Obama, who they didn't vote for, should be held to a higher standard.

Like on the whole topic of debt and deficit reduction.

Or wars.

Or expanding government power.

If anything, on all points, Obama's contracted.

Debt.
War.
Government power.

Are you aware of the NDAA provision that states the Executive branch can arrest and detain US citizens on US soil indefinitely if they are suspected of "aiding terrorism". No trial. Obama defended his ability to use this in court after it was ruled Unconstitutional

How is removing the need for due process in ANY situation contracting Gov't power?

That's a HUGE expansion of Gov't power, man...

Last edited:
I'd say it starts at around a billion or so.

Obama's worth around 10 million.

CNN says that anyone who makes more than $370,000 a year is in the 1%. Obama is in the 1% by didn't of his salary alone, even after giving back 5% of it.

What it takes to get into the top 1% - Nov. 20, 2012

That's from 2012.

And..

But on average, the top 1% earned $1.12 million, up from $980,000 the year before.

Actually, there numbers are from 2010, Obama more than $1.4 million in 2010, which puts him in the upper end of the 1%.

I bet you thought you had a point.

And wrote it off.

And Obama isn't going to write it off? how is that at all relevant anyway?

You knew Romney donated his Salary as governor to charity and still claimed there was nothing in his past that remotely suggests this to be true. What you said is a flat out lie. He did the same with the Olympics.

So not only do we have nothing here that shows anything about Obama's integrity, you feel the need to deliberately lie to prove your point? Why on earth should we accept anything you've said about anyones integrity with any more than a grain of salt here?

He going to write off money he's sending to the treasury?

Yeah. Why not? That way he keeps money and gets to say he gave it up so people like you will blindly pretend that gives him some sort of integrity despite being unable to explain how for countless pages.

Yeah. He is. It's quite common to compare the current President with his immediate predecessor.

The fact that you haven't really disputed any of his points, in fact, you conceded them, tells me that his comparison was on point.

I also find it hilarious that people that vote in atrocious presidents that Bush somehow think that a president like Obama, who they didn't vote for, should be held to a higher standard.

Or wars.

Debt.
War.
Government power.

Are you aware of the NDAA provision that states the Executive branch can arrest and detain US citizens on US soil indefinitely if they are suspected of "aiding terrorism". No trial. Obama defending his ability to use this in court after it was ruled Unconstitutional

How is removing the need for due process in ANY situation contracting Gov't power?

Are you?

That was a "poison pill" put into the NDAA by conservatives. President Obama did threaten to veto it unless it was removed and issued a signing statement that he wouldn't use that power. And what court said it was "Unconstitutional"?

And it was Bush that removed due process with the "enemy combatant" designation. Oh..and have you read the "Patriot Act". That's a doozy. That's a Bush thing as well. So is torture. So are black sites. So are unwarranted wire taps. So is lying to get us into a war. So is the DHS.

Scalia, the grand inquisitor that appointed Bush President..had an interesting take on that as well.

He basically said as long as no one was "arrested" it was impossible to violate their rights.

You folks are sorta funny..in a macabre way.

And really?

You are putting Bush up against Obama?

Or wars.

Debt.
War.
Government power.

Actually, yes you did concede the point. You just tried to Bush's actions claiming it was Eliott Spitzer fighting for it that made Bush do it. In order words, you are saying Bush did it but shouldnt be acknowledged for doing it because he was forced to. Which is completely irrelevant to the fact that Bush did it and Obama hasn't.

We have more debt now than ever. Somehow Obama has contracted debt.

We have military operations in more nations. Yet somehow Obama has contracted war.

We have ceded the government more power and more regulation than any time in the History of the United States and somehow government power has contracted.

That's not true. If you honestly believe that, then you're just lying to yourself.

Showing Integrity:

6 minutes ago
Obama will give up portion of his salary
Posted by
CNN White House Producer Becky Brittain

Washington (CNN) – President Barack Obama will put 5% of his paycheck back into the federal government's coffers in a show of unity with furloughed federal workers, a senior administration official said Wednesday.

Obama, whose $400,000 annual salary is set in law and can't officially be changed, will write a check made out to the U.S. treasury every month beginning in April. Since the mandatory across-the-board spending cuts went into effect March 1, his payment for last month will be paid retroactively.
Obama will give up portion of his salary ? CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Not sure..but is this another first for an American President? Giving up part of his salary?

:clap2:

I wonder if the Libs here will follow his example.
Since you guys feel we are not taxed enough please feel free to write a check just like your leader.

And Obama isn't going to write it off? how is that at all relevant anyway?

You knew Romney donated his Salary as governor to charity and still claimed there was nothing in his past that remotely suggests this to be true. What you said is a flat out lie. He did the same with the Olympics.

So not only do we have nothing here that shows anything about Obama's integrity, you feel the need to deliberately lie to prove your point? Why on earth should we accept anything you've said about anyones integrity with any more than a grain of salt here?

Yeah. Why not? That way he keeps money and gets to say he gave it up so people like you will blindly pretend that gives him some sort of integrity despite being unable to explain how for countless pages.

You have a point. I haven't heard a single response from anyone directly addressing the points I made about Obama's wrongdoing.

I mean, you can like the guy, ect, but if you won't even attempt to explain some of the very bad things he's done over the past 4 years aren't you just being willfully ignorant?

How is a bunch of willfully ignorant citizens going to bolster the strength of a Representative Democracy?

I'm not saying be conservative or liberal, I'm simply saying that you need to hold your politicians accountable regardless of the party. Blind faith in either the Dems or Repubs will lead us down a dark, dark hole and I'd hate to see this happen..

You have a point. I haven't heard a single response from anyone directly addressing the points I made about Obama's wrongdoing.

I mean, you can like the guy, ect, but if you won't even attempt to explain some of the very bad things he's done over the past 4 years aren't you just being willfully ignorant?

How is a bunch of willfully ignorant citizens going to bolster the strength of a Representative Democracy?

I'm not saying be conservative or liberal, I'm simply saying that you need to hold your politicians accountable regardless of the party. Blind faith in either the Dems or Repubs will lead us down a dark, dark hole and I'd hate to see this happen..

What wrongdoing?

Or wars.

Debt.
War.
Government power.

Are you aware of the NDAA provision that states the Executive branch can arrest and detain US citizens on US soil indefinitely if they are suspected of "aiding terrorism". No trial. Obama defending his ability to use this in court after it was ruled Unconstitutional

Are you?

That was a "poison pill" put into the NDAA by conservatives. President Obama did threaten to veto it unless it was removed and issued a signing statement that he wouldn't use that power. And what court said it was "Unconstitutional"?

And it was Bush that removed due process with the "enemy combatant" designation. Oh..and have you read the "Patriot Act". That's a doozy. That's a Bush thing as well. So is torture. So are black sites. So are unwarranted wire taps. So is lying to get us into a war. So is the DHS.

Scalia, the grand inquisitor that appointed Bush President..had an interesting take on that as well.

He basically said as long as no one was "arrested" it was impossible to violate their rights.

You folks are sorta funny..in a macabre way.

?

First off, I don't support any of the 'conservatives' who sponsored that bill (I'm not a Republican).

Secondly, yes Obama initially stated that he had to sign to get things passed, ect. Did you see in my post where I said I was fine with that? The part that confused me was why did Obama have to appeal the Federal Judge's ruling that the indifinite detention provision was unconstitutional? The funding was already passed for the military, and Obama apparently did not like this provision. Explain that Sallow....

(see article: Federal judge blocks National Defense Authorization Act provision - Los Angeles Times)

Third, I don't like Bush. Hated him in fact. My point was Obama was continuing his horrible policies. DHS? Did you know under Obama (last year) the DHS purchased 1.2 billion bullets (an unprecedented amount, btw. At the height of the Iraq War we'd expend 70 million bullets a year)!? Is that expanding or contracting that agency's power?

So again, you fail to address any of my points directly. Why can't you explain Obama's actions? You seem to support the guy. I challenge you to put your money where your mouth is, my friend.

Last edited:
You are still ignorant, and this is still stupid.
Its just that simple Swallow.

You just don't like your ignorance pointed out do you kid?

Obama is rich and this is just stupid.

Naw.

You wanna trade insults?

I am right in the mud with ya.

Asshole.
You wanna swallow?

What the heck are you a faggot?

Going around sucking old man dick for nickles?

Man..RooButtBoy..you are worse off then I thought.

Thanks for the offer..but no thanks.

When Obama spoke about the top 1% paying their fair share he referred to people "like himself". He is self admittedly part of the 1%.

Forum List

Back