President Obama doing something that conservatives will never get behind..

Are you aware of the NDAA provision that states the Executive branch can arrest and detain US citizens on US soil indefinitely if they are suspected of "aiding terrorism". No trial. Obama defending his ability to use this in court after it was ruled Unconstitutional

How is removing the need for due process in ANY situation contracting Gov't power?

That's a HUGE expansion of Gov't power, man...

Are you?

That was a "poison pill" put into the NDAA by conservatives. President Obama did threaten to veto it unless it was removed and issued a signing statement that he wouldn't use that power. And what court said it was "Unconstitutional"?

And it was Bush that removed due process with the "enemy combatant" designation. Oh..and have you read the "Patriot Act". That's a doozy. That's a Bush thing as well. So is torture. So are black sites. So are unwarranted wire taps. So is lying to get us into a war. So is the DHS.

Scalia, the grand inquisitor that appointed Bush President..had an interesting take on that as well.

He basically said as long as no one was "arrested" it was impossible to violate their rights.

You folks are sorta funny..in a macabre way.

?

First off, I don't support any of the 'conservatives' who sponsored that bill (I'm not a Republican).

Secondly, yes Obama initially stated that he had to sign to get things passed, ect. Did you see in my post where I said I was fine with that? The part that confused me was why did Obama have to appeal the Federal Judge's ruling that the indifinite detention provision was unconstitutional? The funding was already passed for the military, and Obama apparently did not like this provision. Explain that Sallow....

(see article: Federal judge blocks National Defense Authorization Act provision - Los Angeles Times)

Third, I don't like Bush. Hated him in fact. My point was Obama was continuing his horrible policies. DHS? Did you know under Obama (last year) the DHS purchased 1.2 billion bullets (an unprecedented amount, btw. At the height of the Iraq War we'd expend 70 million bullets a year)!? Is that expanding or contracting that agency's power?

So again, you fail to address any of my points directly. Why can't you explain Obama's actions? You seem to support the guy. I challenge you to put your money where your mouth is, my friend.

First off..I don't buy that you are not a Republican..

Second off..I asked you for benchmarks.

I don't want to have to go into a whole diatribe about Presidential behavior and precedence. All you need to do is find a President in US history that you think was a good one..and one to hold up to Obama's Presidential Behavior.

Simple as that.

(smile)

Great projection Swallow...like all good lefty's....yes that is an oxymoron.

You are still ignorant, and this is still stupid.
Its just that simple Swallow.

Naw.

You wanna trade insults?

I am right in the mud with ya.

Asshole.
You wanna swallow?

What the heck are you a faggot?

Going around sucking old man dick for nickles?

Man..RooButtBoy..you are worse off then I thought.

Thanks for the offer..but no thanks.

What wrongdoing?

It's questions like this that face palm pictures were created for.

The wrong doings he has already mentioned in this thread in posts that you've commented in response to while ignoring his points.

(smile)

You are still ignorant, and this is still stupid.
Its just that simple Swallow.
You wanna swallow?

I ain't "projecting" fag boy.

It was you that put out the vulgar homosexual offer...not me.

Most of you conservatives are secret closet fags..

Been knocking shoes lately under bathroom stalls? Quifter?

(smile)

You wanna swallow?

He never made an offer for anything.

Why do you find it insulting to accuse someone of homosexuality? I thought it was supposed to be normal and accepted.

What wrongdoing?

The wrong doings he has already mentioned in this thread in posts that you've commented in response to while ignoring his points.

Using his benchmark..all American Presidents have been wrong doers.

You hold that opinion?

So areas where Obama has promised one thing and did the exact opposite should be completely ignored in terms of integrity because "everyone else does it"?

You really want to go on with that bogus argument?

Using his benchmark..all American Presidents have been wrong doers.

You hold that opinion?

So areas where Obama has promised one thing and did the exact opposite should be completely ignored in terms of integrity because "everyone else does it"?

You really want to go on with that bogus argument?

What bogus argument.

President Obama's basically done what he said he was going to do.

You guys hold that President Obama's been a wild radical.

However, when push comes to shove, when one holds him up to almost every President the US has had, he's pretty in keeping with precedent and process.

Well?

Is he radical or not?

(smile)

Why do you find it insulting to accuse someone of homosexuality? I thought it was supposed to be normal and accepted.

He offered to "swallow".

Why don't you focus on your own posts?

Are you?

That was a "poison pill" put into the NDAA by conservatives. President Obama did threaten to veto it unless it was removed and issued a signing statement that he wouldn't use that power. And what court said it was "Unconstitutional"?

And it was Bush that removed due process with the "enemy combatant" designation. Oh..and have you read the "Patriot Act". That's a doozy. That's a Bush thing as well. So is torture. So are black sites. So are unwarranted wire taps. So is lying to get us into a war. So is the DHS.

Scalia, the grand inquisitor that appointed Bush President..had an interesting take on that as well.

He basically said as long as no one was "arrested" it was impossible to violate their rights.

You folks are sorta funny..in a macabre way.

?

First off, I don't support any of the 'conservatives' who sponsored that bill (I'm not a Republican).

Secondly, yes Obama initially stated that he had to sign to get things passed, ect. Did you see in my post where I said I was fine with that? The part that confused me was why did Obama have to appeal the Federal Judge's ruling that the indifinite detention provision was unconstitutional? The funding was already passed for the military, and Obama apparently did not like this provision. Explain that Sallow....

(see article: Federal judge blocks National Defense Authorization Act provision - Los Angeles Times)

Third, I don't like Bush. Hated him in fact. My point was Obama was continuing his horrible policies. DHS? Did you know under Obama (last year) the DHS purchased 1.2 billion bullets (an unprecedented amount, btw. At the height of the Iraq War we'd expend 70 million bullets a year)!? Is that expanding or contracting that agency's power?

So again, you fail to address any of my points directly. Why can't you explain Obama's actions? You seem to support the guy. I challenge you to put your money where your mouth is, my friend.

I don't want to have to go into a whole diatribe about Presidential behavior and precedence. All you need to do is find a President in US history that you think was a good one..and one to hold up to Obama's Presidential Behavior.

Simple as that.

I'm not a Republican. Why don't you buy that, because I criticize Obama?

I pointed out 4 examples of questionable things Obama has done and asked what your thoughts were.

Why do we have to talk about other Presidents? That's deflecting.

Showing Integrity:

6 minutes ago
Obama will give up portion of his salary
Posted by
CNN White House Producer Becky Brittain

Washington (CNN) – President Barack Obama will put 5% of his paycheck back into the federal government's coffers in a show of unity with furloughed federal workers, a senior administration official said Wednesday.

Obama, whose $400,000 annual salary is set in law and can't officially be changed, will write a check made out to the U.S. treasury every month beginning in April. Since the mandatory across-the-board spending cuts went into effect March 1, his payment for last month will be paid retroactively.
Obama will give up portion of his salary ? CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Not sure..but is this another first for an American President? Giving up part of his salary?

:clap2:

Great PR and a way to deflect from his failed threats re"sequestration.

Governor Mitt Romney and his Lt. Governor took NO salary for serving their country.

?

Simple as that.

I pointed out 4 examples of questionable things Obama has done and asked what your thoughts were.

It's not deflecting at all.

And actually..if you want to talk about "deflecting", that's basically what you doing here.

This thread has NOTHING to do with any of the points you've made.

But as I like a good argument...I went with it.

As to your "points" you..and like minded conservatives seem to think that President Obama is somehow very unique, radical and unprecedented.

Well..he's your chance.

Use some comparison to prove that.

Go!

Showing Integrity:

6 minutes ago
Obama will give up portion of his salary
Posted by
CNN White House Producer Becky Brittain

Washington (CNN) – President Barack Obama will put 5% of his paycheck back into the federal government's coffers in a show of unity with furloughed federal workers, a senior administration official said Wednesday.

Obama, whose $400,000 annual salary is set in law and can't officially be changed, will write a check made out to the U.S. treasury every month beginning in April. Since the mandatory across-the-board spending cuts went into effect March 1, his payment for last month will be paid retroactively.
Obama will give up portion of his salary ? CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Not sure..but is this another first for an American President? Giving up part of his salary?

:clap2:

Great PR and a way to deflect from his failed threats re"sequestration.

Governor Mitt Romney and his Lt. Governor took NO salary for serving their country.

Did he deduct it from his earnings come tax season?

Or not?

I am sure you can prove that he didn't use it as a tax deduction as well.

Links and all.

Simple as that.

And actually..if you want to talk about "deflecting", that's basically what you doing here.

As to your "points" you..and like minded conservatives seem to think that President Obama is somehow very unique, radical and unprecedented.

Well..he's your chance.

Go!

Wait a second, where did I claim Obama was uniquely bad?

The only thing I remember doing was claiming Obama duped the American people into thinking he was different, and here to work for their best interests before turning out to be just like the rest (in the examples I have you).

Agree? Why can't we talk about Obama specifically?

You made the claim he had integrity and I challenged it with four examples proving otherwise.

It was simple, Sallow.

Last edited:

Well..he's your chance.

Go!

Wait a second, where did I claim Obama was uniquely bad?

The only thing I remember doing was claiming Obama duped the American people into thinking he was different, and here to work for their best interests before turning out to be just like the rest (in the examples I have you).

Agree? Why can't we talk about Obama specifically?

You made the claim he had integrity and I challenged it...

Who did he "dupe" and when?

And as far as integrity and honesty goes, I put him right up there with Carter, probably one of the most honest Presidents in history. It didn't do him much good.

I'd say Obama's alot more showy and a lot less honest than Carter..but much more honest then Reagan/Bush/Clinton/Bush.

I didn't have any allusions about what he'd do when I voted for him..and thus far he's done a better job then I expected. I personally never expected the guy to be at all radical and I got what I thought he would be.

Personally, I thought the banks and financial companies should have been seized and a proper audit done. That, however, would have been politically impossible and would have sent the world markets into a panic. That..and I would have liked to have seen both the Iraq and Afghanistan wars ended in the first term. But realistically? That would have assured him to be a one term President.

So there..my cards are out.

Ignorant AND no reading comprehension skills, kind of a hand in hand thing isn't it Swallow?

He offered to "swallow".

Why don't you focus on your own posts?

Forum List

Back