President Obama nominates Loretta Lynch as next Attorney General

Early life and education
Lynch was born in Greensboro, North Carolina on May 21, 1959. Her mother was a school librarian and her father was a Baptist minister.[3][4] As a child, she spent hours with her father, watching court proceedings in the courthouse of Durham, North Carolina. Her early fascination with court proceedings was compounded by stories of her grandfather, also a pastor, who devised his own version of the Underground Railroad, in the 1930s. He helped people flee to the north to escape persecution under the Jim Crow laws of the time.[5]

She earned a Bachelor of Arts in English and American literature from Harvard College in 1981[6] and a Juris Doctor from Harvard Law School in 1984.[7]

Loretta Lynch - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

She has a great background for the job.

she was an affirmative action poster child. is she really the best attorney in the US Dept of Justice for this job?

I was in the DOJ for 24 years, I never heard of this women. she certainly wasn't a superstar or even one of the top people

You were in the DOJ for 24 years? As janitor?

a guy who successfully resolved over 98% of his cases. I had one of the highest winning percentages in the country

Early life and education
Lynch was born in Greensboro, North Carolina on May 21, 1959. Her mother was a school librarian and her father was a Baptist minister.[3][4] As a child, she spent hours with her father, watching court proceedings in the courthouse of Durham, North Carolina. Her early fascination with court proceedings was compounded by stories of her grandfather, also a pastor, who devised his own version of the Underground Railroad, in the 1930s. He helped people flee to the north to escape persecution under the Jim Crow laws of the time.[5]

She earned a Bachelor of Arts in English and American literature from Harvard College in 1981[6] and a Juris Doctor from Harvard Law School in 1984.[7]

she was an affirmative action poster child. is she really the best attorney in the US Dept of Justice for this job?

I was in the DOJ for 24 years, I never heard of this women. she certainly wasn't a superstar or even one of the top people

a guy who successfully resolved over 98% of his cases. I had one of the highest winning percentages in the country

That's funny. Don't you ever get tired of lying?

Early life and education

Yet you were????...LOL.
Sounds like another jealous white guy singing..."it shouda been me..."

Early life and education

That's funny. Don't you ever get tired of lying?

He was at the doj and I'm the ghost of Thurgood Marshall.

Since whites will soon be in the minority - maybe then they'll appreciate affirmative action.

Uh picking low qualified scum based on their skin color is typical of scum like you.

Obama being a stupid sack of shit picks another black when the majority of Americans didn't like Holder being a black racist. It shows he is stupid, racist and arrogant doubling down when he has ruined race relations.

Why do you have a problem with that?
Well, no...first of all she IS qualified. Secondly, she was hired by a Black president who needs a Black AG to cover his ass when needed!
technically anyone with a law license is qualified

we ned a superstar in that office, not a quota

You say you graduated from law school in 1984...the same year Lynch graduated? Well, then why don't you know that quotas were outlawed in 1978 with the USSC Bakke decision.

Regents of the University of California v. Bakke, 438 U.S. 265 (1978) was a landmark decision by the Supreme Court of the United States. It upheld affirmative action, allowing race to be one of several factors in college admission policy. However, the court ruled that specific quotas, such as the 16 out of 100 seats set aside for minority students by the University of California, Davis School of Medicine, were impermissible.

remind me if Harvard is a public university-like U of C

and they don't call them quotas but they are

she was given .5 added to her GPA, and 130 points to her LSAT
But a severe problem of credibility emerges with your alleged "quota" indictment concerning Ms Lynch. Harvard filed an amicus brief on the original 1978 Bakke ruling which emphasized its"holistic" admissions process that created a racially diverse student body without quotas. That was three years prior to Ms. Lynch's admission to Harvard law School in 1981.

are you trying to argue a technical point

the fact is, in the 1980s harvard gave mediocre black students admissions to its law school with scores that guaranteed a white candidate would be turned down

Where are the lawsuits?

Early life and education

Yet you were????...LOL.

tell you what-put up 5000 dollars and I will send my resume to the mod of your choice

if I am correct, you donate the 5000 dollars to the Federalist Society or the NRA

wanna play?

Uh picking low qualified scum based on their skin color is typical of scum like you.

Obama being a stupid sack of shit picks another black when the majority of Americans didn't like Holder being a black racist. It shows he is stupid, racist and arrogant doubling down when he has ruined race relations.
technically anyone with a law license is qualified

we ned a superstar in that office, not a quota

You say you graduated from law school in 1984...the same year Lynch graduated? Well, then why don't you know that quotas were outlawed in 1978 with the USSC Bakke decision.

Regents of the University of California v. Bakke, 438 U.S. 265 (1978) was a landmark decision by the Supreme Court of the United States. It upheld affirmative action, allowing race to be one of several factors in college admission policy. However, the court ruled that specific quotas, such as the 16 out of 100 seats set aside for minority students by the University of California, Davis School of Medicine, were impermissible.

But a severe problem of credibility emerges with your alleged "quota" indictment concerning Ms Lynch. Harvard filed an amicus brief on the original 1978 Bakke ruling which emphasized its"holistic" admissions process that created a racially diverse student body without quotas. That was three years prior to Ms. Lynch's admission to Harvard law School in 1981.

the fact is, in the 1980s harvard gave mediocre black students admissions to its law school with scores that guaranteed a white candidate would be turned down

Where are the lawsuits?

Federal district courts, the 6th Circuit, the second circuit and one went up the the USSC where I wrote and the SG submitted the brief in opposition to a writ of Cert. The USSC denied the writ of cert meaning the decision I argued and briefed in the 6th circuit was not overturned

Since whites will soon be in the minority - maybe then they'll appreciate affirmative action.
asians are a minority and they don't need it

only the groups that have been hurt by being addicted to the racism of low expectations

Where are the lawsuits?

Federal district courts, the 6th Circuit, the second circuit and one went up the the USSC where I wrote and the SG submitted the brief in opposition to a writ of Cert. The USSC denied the writ of cert meaning the decision I argued and briefed in the 6th circuit was not overturned

turd, you were probably just some low-level white office slug and now you're jealous of Loretta Lynch.

Where are the lawsuits?

Well, golly gee! After your resounding defeat you still believe you were right and the USSC was wrong?
Are you saying the USSC's decision contradicted the Bakke decision by rejecting your writ of cert?

Where are the lawsuits?

Well, golly gee! After your resounding defeat you still believe you were right and the USSC was wrong?
Are you saying the USSC's decision contradicted the Bakke decision by rejecting your writ of cert?

I don't know what you are braying about-the one case I had before the SUPREME COURT I won when they rejected the side that I had beat in the trial court and before the court of appeals. You don't know much about this topic do you. my WIN WAS NOT (repeat not for a slow learner like you) OVERTURNED

Where are the lawsuits?

turd, you were probably just some low-level white office slug and now you're jealous of Loretta Lynch.

Not at all loser. still mad that my ancestor was kicking Indian ass all over the midwest?

Where are the lawsuits?

I don't know what you are braying about-the one case I had before the SUPREME COURT I won when they rejected the side that I had beat in the trial court and before the court of appeals. You don't know much about this topic do you. my WIN WAS NOT (repeat not for a slow learner like you) OVERTURNED
OK, forget the theatrics... I am trying to determine how Lynch got into Harvard Law School on a quota, as you said, when quotas were outlawed in 1978; well before she entered Law School. Thus far you have not answered that query...How does "your one USSC case, which you claim to have won, impact on that?

You are using the technical definition of quota and I was using the generalized one for her being selected by obama

she got into HLS due to blacks being given substantial lowering of standards

my one USSC means nothing as to her qualifications-what it does mean is I know a lot about the DOJ and the standards for going to major league law schools

quotas were outlawed in public schools-not private ones. a school like harvard can have quotas though I was referring colloquially to her selection by obama

Early life and education

Yet you were????...LOL.

tell you what-put up 5000 dollars and I will send my resume to the mod of your choice

if I am correct, you donate the 5000 dollars to the Federalist Society or the NRA

wanna play?
Tit for tat...you put up $5000.00 and I will send a bogus resume to any mod of your choice...
if I am correct, you give me the $5000.00.

wanna play??

You are using the technical definition of quota and I was using the generalized one for her being selected by obama

she got into HLS due to blacks being given substantial lowering of standards

my one USSC means nothing as to her qualifications-what it does mean is I know a lot about the DOJ and the standards for going to major league law schools

quotas were outlawed in public schools-not private ones. a school like harvard can have quotas though I was referring colloquially to her selection by obama

In layman's terms...you are full of shit.
You have no personal knowledge of this lady, her education, personal experience, never worked with her and did not sit on her interviews for undergraduate or law school.

Yet somehow you can make the assertion that she is unqualified...smh.

Stop parading racism disguised as pseudo-sophistication.

asians are a minority and they don't need it

only the groups that have been hurt by being addicted to the racism of low expectations

About AALDEF
Founded in 1974, the Asian American Legal Defense and Education Fund (AALDEF) is a national organization that protects and promotes the civil rights of Asian Americans.

Affirmative action has been under attack for decades, and AALDEF has been there to defend it since the 1970s.

Click here to read more about our activities and achievements. Affirmative action encompasses a broad array of race, ethnicity, and gender-conscious programs to promote equality of opportunity and racial diversity. This includes recruitment and outreach efforts as well as recognition of how a candidate enhances an institution's overall diversity, but never quotas. Quotas have long been illegal. Diversity considerations enable qualified individuals to gain fair access to employment, educational, and business opportunities.

The Model Minority Myth
Some people argue that Asian Americans do not need diversity considerations, and are hurt by it. They view Asian Americans as a "model minority" which has successfully integrated into all walks of society.

The truth is that Asian Americans are not a "model minority." Reports that Asian Americans have the highest household income and are generally academically successful hide a larger reality. For example, while Asian Americans may have household incomes equal to or greater than whites, they also have, on average, more individuals contributing to a family's household income. This helps explain the higher household (but not per capita) income level.

While some Asian ethnic groups have low poverty rates, other segments - particularly Southeast Asians and recent immigrants - have poverty levels far exceeding the national average. Asian Americans in the workplace also face a "glass ceiling," which limits their advancement into management and executive positions, and earn less than white counterparts with comparable education.

Similarly, Asian Americans are often portrayed as "whiz kids" who are overrepresented in the nation's top educational institutions. While a segment of our student population is highly visible on many university campuses, this has masked the hidden educational needs of other Asian Americans.

Benefits of Affirmative Action Policies
Asian Americans benefit from affirmative action in many ways, including enabling underrepresented Asian Americans to achieve equal access to college, reducing the isolation of students of color on campus, and preparing youth to be leaders in our multicultural society. For a full discussion on the benefits of diversity considerations, see our FAQs on the recent Supreme Court case, Fisher v. UT-Austin

Affirmative Action Affirmative Action - AALDEF

Just cut it out, you quack fake ambulance chaser...

Forum List

Back