President seeks to get rid of all nuclear weapons

“It is my fervent goal and hope…that we will some day no longer have to rely on nuclear weapons to deter aggression and assure world peace. To that end the United States is now engaged in a serious and sustained effort to negotiate major reductions in levels of offensive nuclear weapons with the ultimate goal of eliminating these weapons from the face of the earth"

Well said Mr President!

This is so sad.
We have seen these past few months such instability in the world.
Iran is on their way to getting nukes...

And this guy wants to trash our nukes....
And we have people that agree with it,
Isreal would be just a crater by now if they didn't have the weapons to defend themselves.

I didn't want any talk of impeachment....

I hear any more of this sort of talk and I will be first in line to demand it.
Why do you hate Reagan?

Why not let the man rest in peace?

“It is my fervent goal and hope…that we will some day no longer have to rely on nuclear weapons to deter aggression and assure world peace. To that end the United States is now engaged in a serious and sustained effort to negotiate major reductions in levels of offensive nuclear weapons with the ultimate goal of eliminating these weapons from the face of the earth"

Well said Mr President!
All while the world burns.

This is like saying during a riot where looting is rampant, that I am going to remove My front door and take My dog for a walk.

Well said?

It is scary that people will say this knowing the state of the world and humanity at this time.

This, more than anything else, is a good enough reason to demand his transcripts because I have a hard time believing such a person could have attended a University, let alone having earned a degree.

Nice...
I'm sure you're giggling about how clever you were....

OK you got me...

Well said Mr President!
That is just impractical....Unless every single nation across the globe destroys every single nuclear weapon in existence, we cannot and should not ever even consider this...
Like it or not, human beings are a predatory species. We are an aggressive species. The only way peace and stability can be achieved is at the barrel of a gun. Because surely as the sun rises in the east, there will always be someone or a people willing to take something someone else has, take their land, destroy their cities, etc.

Stupid move by a stupid liberal

Isn't that what Reagan was trying to do? I seem to recall that Reagan took exception with arms control as being an endless series of treaties which formalized both sides holding on to large numbers of nuclear warheads aimed at each other. Wasn't he trying to essentially eliminate nuclear war by making increasingly massive cuts in the nukes both the US and the Soviets possessed?
Actually, he was trying to make them obsolete through the Strategic Defense Initiative (SDI) which the left comically dubbed 'Star Wars'......

We see how correct he was today through the effective and powerful "Iron Shield" employed by Israel. Their defensive missile shield is a direct product of Reagan's SDI program.

Scariest. Movie. Ever.

Yeah..I remember the network premier. I was at Madison Square Garden in New York attending a Rangers game. I used to sit up stairs and I could see the tv's in the luxury suites. Normally these were tuned to the game. On this night which was a Sunday, every suite I could see was tuned to ABC which aired that movie....

It is my fervent goal and hope…that we will some day no longer have to rely on nuclear weapons to deter aggression and assure world peace. To that end the United States is now engaged in a serious and sustained effort to negotiate major reductions in levels of offensive nuclear weapons with the ultimate goal of eliminating these weapons from the face of the earth"

Well said Mr President!

This is so sad.
We have seen these past few months such instability in the world.
Iran is on their way to getting nukes...

And this guy wants to trash our nukes....
And we have people that agree with it,
Isreal would be just a crater by now if they didn't have the weapons to defend themselves.

I didn't want any talk of impeachment....

I hear any more of this sort of talk and I will be first in line to demand it

Uh, you realize that the president quoted was Reagan and not Obama, right?

:lol:

So, you still wanna impeach Reagan?

:rofl:
i think this has gone over a few heads here.....

Well said Mr President!

How about some context? When did he say that and who was he talking to. I noticed you didn't provide a link.

Google

So you refuse to ad context. Typical. How about he said this while we were in the midst of a nuclear arms race with the Soviet Union. Obama has the same rhetoric today, where it has become meaningless and outdated.

This is an open message board

You are free to challenge my quote from Reagan or add additional context. I am under no obligation to do so
You violated forum rules by not quoting the source.
Of course you've been reported.
Probably several times over.
If you think you're going to get away with this clever little move, think again.
It is my hope every single intelligent USMB member places you on ignore.

You violated forum rules by not quoting the source. Of course you've been reported.
Probably several times over. If you think you're going to get away with this clever little move, think again.

:ack-1::ack-1::ack-1::ack-1::ack-1::ack-1::ack-1::ack-1::ack-1:

Well said Mr President!

How about some context? When did he say that and who was he talking to. I noticed you didn't provide a link.

Google

So you refuse to ad context. Typical. How about he said this while we were in the midst of a nuclear arms race with the Soviet Union. Obama has the same rhetoric today, where it has become meaningless and outdated.
The OP out witted you and several others, just laugh and go on.

This is an open message board

You are free to challenge my quote from Reagan or add additional context. I am under no obligation to do so
You violated forum rules by not quoting the source.
Of course you've been reported.
Probably several times over.
If you think you're going to get away with this clever little move, think again.

Well said Mr President!
lmao, this putz is powerless in the usa. like he is going to have an impact globally.

Forum List

Back