President seeks total nuclear disarmament

Great quote from a great president....

It is my fervent goal and hope…that we will some day no longer have to rely on nuclear weapons to deter aggression and assure world peace. To that end the United States is now engaged in a serious and sustained effort to negotiate major reductions in levels of offensive nuclear weapons with the ultimate goal of eliminating these weapons from the face of the earth.”

Wishful thinking. Genies cannot be put back in the bottle. It's a sop to the hippy dippy side of his party, nothing more.

Nukes are more dangerous if only countries of ill will posses them, and that's what would happen if the larger more rational ones decide to get rid of theirs.

There is no hippy dippy side of the party

Total nuclear disarmament is a worthy goal.
Ya mean while Obama was party to allowing officially Iran to gain nukes with no down side.
Seems they were on a path to obtain nukes and Obama got them to dispose of their enriched uranium stockpiles and centerfuges

NOPE! According to evertyone who hated Bush Iran never had any. Now they were making them but Obama stopped them. We know this because they told us so.

The United States has never once used nukes to attack a country and, despite what has been written in the history books about the cold war, the United States was never the aggressor. The minute the soviet union fell apart we ordered a stand down of our nuclear bombers.

Another one of your stupid threads.......we know you dont support that because you support a President that doesnt support it........O's actions have made have shut the door on it permanently....there will be no nuke free world. Thanks Obama

Absolutely.

I pointed that out within a month of joining here.

I also predict, that within one year of Trump winning the election, maybe sooner, R-winger will be defending everything Trump and the government do.

:badgrin:

R-winger's heart will soften, he is a statist and an establishment man, through and through. His blood runs thick with the CIA. lol

images
C27275-33.jpg
2bb02f57-c48b-4d17-858d-4179c80c092f.jpg

What ever regime is in power, that is the right correct regime to be in power for R-winger.

It is my fervent goal and hope…that we will some day no longer have to rely on nuclear weapons to deter aggression and assure world peace. To that end the United States is now engaged in a serious and sustained effort to negotiate major reductions in levels of offensive nuclear weapons with the ultimate goal of eliminating these weapons from the face of the earth.”

You think he's doing to get it done in the next 6 or 7 months?

No.

So...??

This is beauty pageant type stuff, I hope for world peace, and an end to stupidity and ugliness etc. Doesn't mean they think it's going to happen, just a desire that one day the world could be like that.

No.

So...??

This is beauty pageant type stuff, I hope for world peace, and an end to stupidity and ugliness etc. Doesn't mean they think it's going to happen, just a desire that one day the world could be like that.

It's R. Reagan quote.

R-winger is doing his statist trolling thing again.

No.

So...??

It's R. Reagan quote.

Well... had Obama said it, the right would be going off on one about how bad it is.

Without nukes we would probably be in the middle of world war IV right now. But on the other hand we may all be obliterated one day from Hillary having a bad day in the Oval Office.

No.

So...??

It's R. Reagan quote.

Just pointing out how forward thinking conservatives can be when they actually try

Last edited:
This from a man who never saw the USA as anything good.

I think it's fair to say as long as we have a Republican party this will never happen.
Nice that this guy will be out of office real soon.

Seems odd

Obama never said it...It was Ron Reagan

But.....if that's the way you feel about him there is nothing I can do

The source of a plan does affect the plan.

Reagan worked, successfully towards nuclear reduction, the first (only?) president to get a treaty to eliminate a whole class of nuclear weapons.

He did it by developing a position of strength FIRST, by deploying cruise missiles, that the Soviets desperately wanted to get rid of.

And the treaty was a fair treaty where both sides gave up similar amounts, so that the US position was not weakened.

Obama, would not have done any of that.

I think it's fair to say as long as we have a Republican party this will never happen.

Seems odd

Reagan worked, successfully towards nuclear reduction, the first (only?) president to get a treaty to eliminate a whole class of nuclear weapons.

He did it by developing a position of strength FIRST, by deploying cruise missiles, that the Soviets desperately wanted to get rid of.

And the treaty was a fair treaty where both sides gave up similar amounts, so that the US position was not weakened.

Obama negotiated a START treaty to bring down nuclear warheads to 1500

What would happen if the U.S. Dropped its number of warheads down to ten?

Seems odd

Let me guess...

Iran and N Korea would each end up with more nukes than us, where they could give us the option of surrendering o begin losing major cities???

Seems odd

Let me guess...

Iran and N Korea would each end up with more nukes than us, where they could give us the option of surrendering o begin losing major cities???

OK

We have the capability to put TEN nukes on their most populated cities with precision. Our ten nukes could take out tens of millions of their citizens and would destroy their economies

They lack the ability for long range strikes.

Who wins?

Who wins after they aquire long range technology?

Looks like no one
Why would they attack us is we can kill 20 million of their people

In reality, we could allow Iran and North Korea to have nukes and we could beat them with our conventional weapons

Seems odd

1. Reagan negotiated with the Soviet Union, at the height of it's power, with it's dream of World Conquest still intact. Obama dealt with the broke ass remnant of that empire that just happened to collapse shortly after Reagan's administrations.

2. MAD would be broken. The use of nuclear weapons would once again be a viable option.

Forum List

Back