President seeks total nuclear disarmament

Great quote from a great president....

It is my fervent goal and hope…that we will some day no longer have to rely on nuclear weapons to deter aggression and assure world peace. To that end the United States is now engaged in a serious and sustained effort to negotiate major reductions in levels of offensive nuclear weapons with the ultimate goal of eliminating these weapons from the face of the earth.”
Yes, he was a great President. Wish more people saw that.
If the internet went down, talk radio ceased, and Fox news went bankrupt, and they could only watch TV, I'm sure mass delusion would set in and they would all drink the kool-aid.

It is my fervent goal and hope…that we will some day no longer have to rely on nuclear weapons to deter aggression and assure world peace. To that end the United States is now engaged in a serious and sustained effort to negotiate major reductions in levels of offensive nuclear weapons with the ultimate goal of eliminating these weapons from the face of the earth.”
Bunch of bullshit. If that were true he wouldn't have basically given Iran a green light to build nukes.

When did Reagan do that?

If the internet went down, talk radio ceased, and Fox news went bankrupt, and they could only watch TV, I'm sure mass delusion would set in and they would all drink the kool-aid.
You don't know who the quote is from, do you...

Empty rhetoric.
Far from it

A lofty goal from a great President
So let me get this straight.

One year he is telling Iran, sure, continue to research ways to make a nuke, the world doesn't mind. Here, we'll even give trade with you so you have more money to do so.

And the next, he's telling the world, we need to get rid of them all.

Boy, you just lap this shit up, don't you?

You and your hero worship are idiotic.

Seriously.
Reagan never told Iran to continue research.....he just sold them arms

You are obviously confused

Who is talking about Reagan? What decade are you living in?

I was just talking about last year silly. We're talking about Obama. I thought that is who the thread is about. You're the one who is confused.
I am referring to Reagan's quote in the OP

Do you agree with Reagan or think he is nuts?

You don't know who the quote is from, do you...

Who are you talking about, Reagan or Obama?

They were both pawns.

Empty rhetoric.
Far from it

A lofty goal from a grossly incompetent POTUS.
Even Trump has made great sound bites on the Apprentice. That doesn't mean he'll solve the world's problems.

Never said he would And I'm a Bernie supporter so wouldn't vote for Trump anyway.
One imperialist is the same as another. What's the difference? :dunno:

I think Rightwinger pulled a quote from a Republican President...
This looks familiar.
He pulls this out from time to time....

But it seems like something Obama would say....

Except obama doesn't understand it.......Reagan did not weaken the U.S. thinking that is how you get Russia to be nice.....

Reagan made the statement about the Soviet Union during the Cold War..Obama is dealing with Russia

Not the same animal
Obozo's is dealing with ISIS, mullahs in Iran that think suicide for their moon god means 72 virgins, and a certifiable lunatic in N Korea...

And one has nukes, while the other two are actively trying to acquire them!!!

I agree...

NOT the same animal!!!

Damn, your Magic Negro sure picks winners to surrender to, doesn't he???

Empty rhetoric.
Far from it

Even Trump has made great sound bites on the Apprentice. That doesn't mean he'll solve the world's problems.

Never said he would And I'm a Bernie supporter so wouldn't vote for Trump anyway.

The new imperialists are the multi national corporations which Bernie is against. So am I.

nice quote. totally empty, of course. coming from a president of the usa.

Far from it

The new imperialists are the multi national corporations which Bernie is against. So am I.

Bullshit. You been drinking the Kool-aid just like Obama-bots did last election cycle. Damn media.

Bernie is a shill for them. He is a war monger. You can't separate the two.

Does Bernie Sanders’ Imperialism Matter?
Does Bernie Sanders’ Imperialism Matter?

Freedom Rider: Bernie Sanders' Conservative Foreign Policy
Freedom Rider: Bernie Sanders' Conservative Foreign Policy | Black Agenda Report

I think Rightwinger pulled a quote from a Republican President...
This looks familiar.
He pulls this out from time to time....

But it seems like something Obama would say....

Except obama doesn't understand it.......Reagan did not weaken the U.S. thinking that is how you get Russia to be nice.....

Reagan made the statement about the Soviet Union during the Cold War..Obama is dealing with Russia

Not the same animal

Very clever indeed winger, but here is the fallacy-------->Reagan never gave carte blanche for rogue nations to get the bomb. Your guy has, and has screwed those younger than us for decades to come.
Far from the Truth

Obama negotiated Iran AWAY from a bomb
It was Reagan who sold Iran weapons

That is funny...when you leftards imagine a world that isn't real...and act like it is...soooooo cute.

NOT an Obama supporter.

But I concur.

The state has not authority to use a device such as a nuclear weapon to kill the innocent in order to force the government into surrendering.

Hiroshima and Nagasaki were military targets...........legitimate for bombing....

Wishful thinking. Genies cannot be put back in the bottle. It's a sop to the hippy dippy side of his party, nothing more.

Nukes are more dangerous if only countries of ill will posses them, and that's what would happen if the larger more rational ones decide to get rid of theirs.

There is no hippy dippy side of the party

Total nuclear disarmament is a worthy goal.
Ya mean while Obama was party to allowing officially Iran to gain nukes with no down side.

NOT an Obama supporter.

But I concur.

The state has not authority to use a device such as a nuclear weapon to kill the innocent in order to force the government into surrendering.

Hiroshima and Nagasaki were military targets...........legitimate for bombing....

BULLSHIT.

Hiroshima and Nagasaki were heavily populated areas.

The Hiroshima Myth and the Glorification of American Militarism

One of MacArthur’s first acts after taking over as Viceroy of Japan was to confiscate and/or destroy all the photographic evidence documenting the horrors of the atomic bombings of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. He imposed total censorship over journalists on the ground about what really happened at Ground Zero in those doomed cities, again proving the old adage that “the first casualty of war is truth”.

Back in 1995, the Smithsonian Institution was preparing to correct some of the 50-year-old pseudo-patriotic myths about the Pacific War by staging an honest, historically-accurate display dealing with the atomic bombings that dealt with stories from the Japanese civilian perspective.

Swift and well-orchestrated condemnations directed at the Smithsonian historian’s plans to tell unwelcome truths came from right-wing veterans and other militarist groups (including Newt Gingrich’s GOP-dominated Congress – that threatened to stop federal funding of the Institute). The Smithsonian was forced to censor-out all of the contextually important parts of the story, and the patriotic myths about the atomic bombings persist to this very day.

So the two essential questions that need answering to comprehend what was going on behind the scenes are these: 1) Why did the US refuse to accept Japan’s only demand concerning their surrender (the retention of the emperor) and 2) why were the atomic bombs used when victory in the Pacific was already a certainty?"

nice quote. totally empty, of course. coming from a president of the usa.
Well, the guy did have his mental issues

Wishful thinking. Genies cannot be put back in the bottle. It's a sop to the hippy dippy side of his party, nothing more.

Nukes are more dangerous if only countries of ill will posses them, and that's what would happen if the larger more rational ones decide to get rid of theirs.

There is no hippy dippy side of the party

Total nuclear disarmament is a worthy goal.
Ya mean while Obama was party to allowing officially Iran to gain nukes with no down side.
Seems they were on a path to obtain nukes and Obama got them to dispose of their enriched uranium stockpiles and centerfuges

Except for...Iran, North Korea, and China. Those countries can have all the nukes it wants. They tell us they are not making any so we should just take their word for it. They don't have any. This means we have to do it. Total disarmement of the Untied States, Israel, and everyone else. Who is that going to benefit and is Obama batting for the right side?

Forum List

Back