President Trump to Pelosi – White House Will Not Cooperate Until House Holds Vote on Impeachment

Pelosi, et al, haven't issued any subpoenas.
House Democrats subpoena White House for Ukraine documents, escalating impeachment probe - CNNPolitics
House Democrats on Friday issued a subpoena to the White House for documents related to Ukraine, ratcheting up the Democratic impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump.

The subpoena came after the three committees leading the impeachment inquiry separately sent a letter Friday seeking documents from Vice President Mike Pence as part of their investigation into Trump and his conversation with the President of Ukraine.
Check the dates DUMB ASS for 2 weeks you and your buddies have INSISTED Trump was defying subpoenas the HOUSE sent none till 2 days ago you all have been LYING for 2 weeks. And he has till the 19th to decide how to respond, one option for the Executive is to take it to Court demanding to know why when the House has not voted for Impeachment they should get these documents.
LIAR!
No they said Tramp was denying REQUESTS for documents.
'We're Not Fooling Around': Democrats Defend Inquiry As Trump Calls Efforts A Waste
In a memo released on Wednesday, the House committee chairmen stated, "Over the past several weeks, the Committees tried several times to obtain voluntary compliance with our requests for documents, but the White House has refused to engage with — or even respond to — the Committees."

I'm not angry.. I'm trying to show you why they are wrong!
Okay, so just to clarify, when the Berkeley Law School Dean says stuff like:
  • "There is nothing in the Constitution that requires a full House vote to launch an impeachment inquiry"
  • "That has been done before, but it is not a constitutional requirement."
  • "President Trump is wrong in saying that it is not a legitimate impeachment inquiry without a floor vote."
then, because y'all are so much more highly credentialed, experienced, and knowledgeable in this area,.. so deeply concerned that casual readers floating by may be horribly misled until Newsweek finally gets around to your armchair seeking a correction,. you just wish to express,..

DAMMIT, HE'S FULL OF BEANS!!

Last edited:
And there’s precedent. The Nixon case. No inquiry vote

Yes, there was!
House Resolution 803, bitch!!!
This thread is way, way above your pay grade.

H.Res.803 - 93rd Congress (1973-1974): Resolution providing appropriate power to the Committee on the Judiciary to conduct an investigation of whether sufficient grounds exist to impeach Richard M. Nixon, President of the United States.

H.Res.803 - 93rd Congress (1973-1974): Resolution providing appropriate power to the Committee on the Judiciary to conduct an investigation of whether sufficient grounds exist to impeach Richard M. Nixon, President of the United States.

"There is nothing in the Constitution that requires a full House vote to launch an impeachment inquiry," Berkeley Law School Dean Erwin Chemerinsky told Newsweek. "That has been done before, but it is not a constitutional requirement. President Trump is wrong in saying that it is not a legitimate impeachment inquiry without a floor vote."

Article I, Section 2 of the Constitution states: "The House of Representatives shall [choose] their Speaker and other Officers; and shall have the sole Power of Impeachment."

Yes, but they STILL have to vote to OPEN the investigation,

Say, 500 members in the House of Rep.

Pelosi brings the Inquiry to Impeach to the floor for a vote.

The vote is 249/251 - NOT in favor to Investigate to Impeach.

No investigation - no possible Articles of Impeachment - no hearing before the Senate.

I think your Prof of Law was misquoted

Oh, best tell McConnell he can no longer decide anything for the majority Party in the Senate then. He seems to be going off more than half cocked lately..

Is 6-7 weeks soon enough for you?
Bring it!
Please! Play the impeachment card and get it over with!
You've been threatening it since Trump took office - grow a pair and do it!!

See, you know they wont - because you know Trump will not be removed from office, and you know whichever Dimbot the DNC decides to give the nomination to for 2020 has a snowball's chance in hell in beating him.

No. Pelosi (finally)(mercifully) decided to begin officially. That was enough. No vote required.
You are still going with this lie even after you were totally destroyed with the exact text from the US Constitution that demands it?

Show me where a single person has the power to start an Impeachment process... I'll wait...

I will repeat, the Constitution It is very explicit... THE HOUSE MUST ACT to do anything on impeachment.

Article I, Section 2 of the Constitution states: "The House of Representatives shall [choose] their Speaker and other Officers; and shall have the sole Power of Impeachment."

Read the Constitution, it explicitly states the "House shall" and "sole power" not piglosie will...

There is nothing ambiguous about how it is written..

I will repeat, the Constitution It is very explicit... THE HOUSE MUST ACT to do anything on impeachment.

Read the Constitution, it explicitly states the "House shall" and "sole power" not piglosie will...

Yes the house as a whole not just the speaker.

No. Pelosi (finally)(mercifully) decided to begin officially. That was enough. No vote required.
You are still going with this lie even after you were totally destroyed with the exact text from the US Constitution that demands it?

Show me where a single person has the power to start an Impeachment process... I'll wait...
Show ME where you think you or Trump can set House rules...

Let's be clear.

Impeachment...and an Impeachment Inquiry are two different things.

The Constitution sets rules for IMPEACHMENT only.

An Impeachment Inquiry is accomplished by House rules.

You don't like those rules? Win the House.

And the notion that the Trump White House would cooperate in ANY way under ANY circumstance is just silly...read that to mean...batshit crazy

Let's be clear.

Impeachment...and an Impeachment Inquiry are two different things.

The Constitution sets rules for IMPEACHMENT only.

An Impeachment Inquiry is accomplished by House rules.

You don't like those rules? Win the House.

And the notion that the Trump White House would cooperate in ANY way under ANY circumstance is just silly...read that to mean...batshit crazy
BWHAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaa

Until a vote has been taken there is no power to investigate. 68 times this has taken place and now you just want to wing it?

Show ME where you think you or Trump can set House rules...
Its a constitutional mandate moron...

Forum List

Back