President's handling of Harvey

How would you rate Trump's handling of Harvey thus far?

• Strongly Approve

Votes: 22 62.9%
  • Somewhat Approve

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Neutral

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Somewhat Disapprove

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Strongly Disapprove

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What's the Pres actually got to do with it?

I'm curious to know myself, knowing how Democrats reacted to Bush's response to Katrina. Yes indeed, I was wondering that too...
Maybe it's time to let that one go, ya think?
Poor Pres Bush did his best. The tragedy led to a really profound improvement in response to natural disasters that everyone has benefited from, including the people in Texas right now. It wasn't all Bush's fault; it was what they call in the service a cluster fuck. But it's all done now and only the partisan haters hold any animosity toward the guy. He was kinda likable, really.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.
Not at all.

President isnt supposed to do anything anyways. It isnt the Fed govts responsibility to take care of the States.
Federal aid is unconstitutional.
If only the lazy fuckers would pass an amendment, i wouldnt have to sound like an ass :)

For a long time Bush didn't have a response to Katrina, remember?

The Undoing of George W. Bush
Hurricane Katrina badly damaged the former president's reputation. And it still hasn't recovered.
https://www.usnews.com/news/the-rep...as-the-beginning-of-the-end-for-george-w-bush

I remember it well - and the author of your article is incorrect. President Bush declared a state of emergency prior to Katrina's landfall precisely so that federal aid could be prepositioned. Prepositioning does not mean driving into the storm. Katrina did not make landfall in NO, btw. The superdome in NO was designated as a shelter of last resort and provisioned with food and water (mre's) to serve many thousands for several days. A lot went wrong but it wasn't from a lack of response by President Bush. Mr SeaGal was part of the federal recovery response heading to NO the day following landfall.

As always hindsight is 20/20 - and second guessing is easier when the best guess has already been acted upon.

Given how poorly the Bush administration handled its response to Hurricane Katrina, it is interesting to me what you the readers think of Trump's response to one of the biggest natural disasters American history. Rate and comment below.

Actually, Katrina was a failure of state & local government. Blanco delayed in getting the feds in.. and don't get me started on Nagin.
Blanco delayed in allowing help because she wanted to blame Bush which she did.

This is also a great opportunity for Trump to be a unifying force. I hope he exploits that opportunity. He has a shot at real leadership here.

Given how poorly the Bush administration handled its response to Hurricane Katrina, it is interesting to me what you the readers think of Trump's response to one of the biggest natural disasters American history. Rate and comment below.

Which response? Using it to hide the Friday news dump of crap?
And neither are you. Millions of people are being displaced by this storm and all you can think about is politics. Yes, I'm talking to you. You are incorrigible.

Hmmmm, perhaps that's because Cheetolini used the hurricane as political cover. My pointing out what Drumph did doesn't make me the bad guy.

And neither are you. Millions of people are being displaced by this storm and all you can think about is politics. Yes, I'm talking to you. You are incorrigible.

Hmmmm, perhaps that's because Cheetolini used the hurricane as political cover. My pointing out what Drumph did doesn't make me the bad guy.

Hmm... no

Still not helping. It seems to me this was a convenient opportunity for you to use this disaster as a political weapon. Using your argument, that makes you no better than he.

You aren't helping, Tank.
I live in California and pay Taxes, what more help do you need?

You can stop saying racist shit. Better yet, make your way to Texas and help those suffering from this disaster.

We don't need him.

Just on an off note, are you okay where you are? Magnolia, Texas is just NW of Houston and is near all of the flooding.

Just showing some concern, pal. :)

Can't go anywhere, been flooded in for three days, still have power and the house is dry. Just a major pain in the butt so far. Thanks for asking.

A hurricane without beer is bad.

The undoing was done by bad press.
What's the Pres actually got to do with it?

I'm curious to know myself, knowing how Democrats reacted to Bush's response to Katrina. Yes indeed, I was wondering that too...

For a long time Bush didn't have a response to Katrina, remember?

The Undoing of George W. Bush
Hurricane Katrina badly damaged the former president's reputation. And it still hasn't recovered.
https://www.usnews.com/news/the-rep...as-the-beginning-of-the-end-for-george-w-bush

Crying about POTUS Responses to natural disasters is nothing but politics.

If the man comes by your home and tells you to evacuate because a hurricane might kill you, you evacuate.

What a simple and naive response .

Where do people go? Houston has millions of people . New Orleans ain't on the base if a mountain . There's no high ground to run too.

Hmm... no

Still not helping. It seems to me this was a convenient opportunity for you to use this disaster as a political weapon. Using your argument, that makes you no better than he.

Right...I'm the only one disgusted by his use of the hurricane for political cover.

Trump Says Pardon Came During Hurricane Because He Thought Ratings Would Be ‘Far Higher’

The storm Trump unleashed as a hurricane barreled toward Texas

You also haven't answered the question...what response?

Hmm... no

Right...I'm the only one disgusted by his use of the hurricane for political cover.

Trump Says Pardon Came During Hurricane Because He Thought Ratings Would Be ‘Far Higher’

It isn't even over yet.. Jesus Christ. What's he supposed to do, get a bilge pump and head to Texas?

Apparently you weren't too upset when Obama used Sandy as a reelection tool. You know, that crappy photo op with Chris Christie?

What a fake show of unity.

Uh the signing of a disaster declaration while the storm was making landfall, putting the full breadth of government resources at Governor Greg Abbott's disposal. Hence the pen is mightier than politically biased talking points.

Last edited:
Word is he's leading help for primarily white wealthy neighborhoods. Judging by early results, the policy appears to favor families with Russian heritage. An anonymous source reports to CNN he said "I'd gladly grab the pussies of all Texan' cheerleaders, and these ladies need my help. Especially that blonde.". He tweeted tweaking many of his adversaries, and gave a Texan white supremacist leader the thumb's up.

Hmm... no

It isn't even over yet.. Jesus Christ. What's he supposed to do, get a bilge pump and head to Texas?

Then why did the OP ask "what do you think of Trump's response"? Seems like your condemnation is poorly placed.

Forum List

Back