President's handling of Harvey

How would you rate Trump's handling of Harvey thus far?

• Strongly Approve

Votes: 22 62.9%
  • Somewhat Approve

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Neutral

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Somewhat Disapprove

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Strongly Disapprove

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't know what Trump has done other than tweet. Short of instructing everyone to do what is humanly possible to help, I don't think he's really involved. The real work is yet to come with the financial relief.

What do you want.. for him to get in a flatboat and go rescue people? Personally, i think his presence could be a distraction.

Then again, he would catch hell if he didn't pay any attention to them...

I would wait until the weekend after the water has receded somewhat and go to the heart of the destruction. As it stands now he'll only be able to go toward the coast.

I think he just wants to be in the state while this is going on, not necessarily in the impact zone itself.

Dallas would be a reasonable place to be right now. Right on the fringes but not in the way.

Corpus is on the fringe.
Rockport took the most wind damage.

Given how poorly the Bush administration handled its response to Hurricane Katrina, it is interesting to me what you the readers think of Trump's response to one of the biggest natural disasters American history. Rate and comment below.

Barley noticed he was even here. In my book that means it went flawlessly.

Last edited:
You aren't helping, Tank.
I live in California and pay Taxes, what more help do you need?

You can stop saying racist shit. Better yet, make your way to Texas and help those suffering from this disaster.

We don't need him.

Just on an off note, are you okay where you are? Magnolia, Texas is just NW of Houston and is near all of the flooding.

Just showing some concern, pal. :)

Can't go anywhere, been flooded in for three days, still have power and the house is dry. Just a major pain in the butt so far. Thanks for asking.

Yeah..we got lucky as well.
The backup from Barker reservoir stopped about a half mile from the house.

I don't know what Trump has done other than tweet. Short of instructing everyone to do what is humanly possible to help, I don't think he's really involved. The real work is yet to come with the financial relief.

What do you want.. for him to get in a flatboat and go rescue people? Personally, i think his presence could be a distraction.

I would wait until the weekend after the water has receded somewhat and go to the heart of the destruction. As it stands now he'll only be able to go toward the coast.

I think he just wants to be in the state while this is going on, not necessarily in the impact zone itself.

Dallas would be a reasonable place to be right now. Right on the fringes but not in the way.

Corpus is on the fringe.

Out east its a mess. I got pics of my house. It flooded badly enough that I can sell the best half on burning it down and building Anne's one. It is still really bad at the Crosbylynchberg exit and beyond. I was tasked with Beoumont, but I can't make it there so a NO guy is going to try. We aren't done with water here. It's still raining up north so our water ways will still swell and be high.

You can stop saying racist shit. Better yet, make your way to Texas and help those suffering from this disaster.

We don't need him.

Just on an off note, are you okay where you are? Magnolia, Texas is just NW of Houston and is near all of the flooding.

Can't go anywhere, been flooded in for three days, still have power and the house is dry. Just a major pain in the butt so far. Thanks for asking.

A hurricane without beer is bad.

Got plenty of alcohol.
Had to drive around for two hours looking for smokes yesterday.

We don't need him.

Got plenty of alcohol.

If you can come south I'll hook you up. I got booze to. After a 12 hour nap I plan on going on a week long bender. Any Texan can feel free to help me spur the economy by bringing some hot dogs and booze. Stoners are welcom, you just are tasked with bringing extra food as y'all eat like hogs.

I have to somewhat approve just based on his improvement of handling a volatile situation...he didn't blame both Harvey and Houstonians for this disaster.

We don't need him.

Got plenty of alcohol.

If you can come south I'll hook you up. I got booze to. After a 12 hour nap I plan on going on a week long bender. Any Texan can feel free to help me spur the economy by bringing some hot dogs and booze. Stoners are welcom, you just are tasked with bringing extra food as y'all eat like hogs.

Specs came through for me in the end. They were shocked to see me without a shopping cart full of alcohol.

I have to somewhat approve just based on his improvement of handling a volatile situation...he didn't blame both Harvey and Houstonians for this disaster.

No volatility here. All went and is going smooth as hell. Notice to, civilians have been doing a better job then the state and Feds of keeping everything thing going. No government needed.

Deserting While Nature Makes War on Mankind

The flood damage is unnecessary; the cheapskate oilionaires are too Scroogey to fund reservoirs and an adequate drainage system. So it is a Third World situation, with the plute-licking captive public passively putting up with everything. Driftwood is not democratic.

Same with the blackouts. Put the whole electrical grid underground. if the rich are too sacred to be told their civic duty, at least take the funds out of Hollwood-science NA$A.

They've spent a shitload on reservoirs and containment ponds.

Got plenty of alcohol.

Specs came through for me in the end. They were shocked to see me without a shopping cart full of alcohol.

Our Specs has been closed. But I got two pay checks ready for when they open. That and I wand some food that you have to chew on when you eat it. I'm sick of boil a bag type shit.

We don't need him.

Yep, water on my road subsided yesterday, was able to get into town, the wife is helping sort donations at a local charity.

No volatility here. All went and is going smooth as hell. Notice to, civilians have been doing a better job then the state and Feds of keeping everything thing going. No government needed.

Yep, no volatility, everything is totally normal. :rolleyes:

1139444-11-20170827114315.jpeg

1504020912_318_afghanistan-latest-news-efforts-to-rescue-thousands-from-houston-flooding-continue.jpg

We don't need him.

Yep, water on my road subsided yesterday, was able to get into town, the wife is helping sort donations at a local charity.

They need alchohol (the drinking kind) here in League city Texas. This dude willl die without it. I'll post up an address where donations can be sent. Best if it's hand delivered.

We don't need him.

Got plenty of alcohol.

Not much of a drinker, I'll stick with the sweet tea, stocked up on smokes before the storm, may venture up to Conroe today, need a few groceries.

Yep, no volatility, everything is totally normal. :rolleyes:

1139444-11-20170827114315.jpeg

1504020912_318_afghanistan-latest-news-efforts-to-rescue-thousands-from-houston-flooding-continue.jpg

None at all. Matter of fact, I see quite the opposite. Them pictures show Americans doing what needs done and not waiting on someone to send someone. All through this people have come from all over with their boats to help folks out. All the cement yards sent dump trucks, way to much to put down and all stuff you will never hear about on the news. Maybe if you stop looking for shit to be volatile you won't see so much?

Got plenty of alcohol.

Specs... I frequent the one one off Dairy Ashford.... lol.

Corpus is on the fringe.
Yes...while they haven't been back to check yet, my cousins are assuming their vacation home is gone.

Got plenty of alcohol.

Specs... I frequent the one one off Dairy Ashford.... lol.

I go to Bay Area down here. I can't get up town easily from here. After I nap and before I get drunk I'll see if the exits are open. My part of I45 has. Even a combo helipad/ boat launch for awhile.

Forum List

Back