President's handling of Harvey

How would you rate Trump's handling of Harvey thus far?

• Strongly Approve

Votes: 22 62.9%
  • Somewhat Approve

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Neutral

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Somewhat Disapprove

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Strongly Disapprove

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Can't go anywhere, been flooded in for three days, still have power and the house is dry. Just a major pain in the butt so far. Thanks for asking.

A hurricane without beer is bad.

Got plenty of alcohol.
Had to drive around for two hours looking for smokes yesterday.

If you can come south I'll hook you up. I got booze to. After a 12 hour nap I plan on going on a week long bender. Any Texan can feel free to help me spur the economy by bringing some hot dogs and booze. Stoners are welcom, you just are tasked with bringing extra food as y'all eat like hogs.

Specs came through for me in the end. They were shocked to see me without a shopping cart full of alcohol.

Our Specs has been closed. But I got two pay checks ready for when they open. That and I wand some food that you have to chew on when you eat it. I'm sick of boil a bag type shit.

We've been doing a lot of BBQing so we've been eating well.

What do you want.. for him to get in a flatboat and go rescue people? Personally, i think his presence could be a distraction.

Then again, he would catch hell if he didn't pay any attention to them...

I would wait until the weekend after the water has receded somewhat and go to the heart of the destruction. As it stands now he'll only be able to go toward the coast.

I think he just wants to be in the state while this is going on, not necessarily in the impact zone itself.

Dallas would be a reasonable place to be right now. Right on the fringes but not in the way.

Corpus is on the fringe.
Rockport took the most wind damage.
Yes...while they haven't been back to check yet, my cousins are assuming their vacation home is gone.

Without being to specific, what area is their house in ? My company locates utilities and likely have had guys in there at some point. I can try and get a report on "that area" if ya want.

Last edited:

Got plenty of alcohol.

If you can come south I'll hook you up. I got booze to. After a 12 hour nap I plan on going on a week long bender. Any Texan can feel free to help me spur the economy by bringing some hot dogs and booze. Stoners are welcom, you just are tasked with bringing extra food as y'all eat like hogs.

Specs came through for me in the end. They were shocked to see me without a shopping cart full of alcohol.

Our Specs has been closed. But I got two pay checks ready for when they open. That and I wand some food that you have to chew on when you eat it. I'm sick of boil a bag type shit.

Got plenty of alcohol.

Honestly I have really only ate want work gave us. Wasn't much. Fucking MRE's until they ran out then it was cup-o-soup from the dollar store.

We don't need him.

Just on an off note, are you okay where you are? Magnolia, Texas is just NW of Houston and is near all of the flooding.

Just showing some concern, pal. :)

Can't go anywhere, been flooded in for three days, still have power and the house is dry. Just a major pain in the butt so far. Thanks for asking.

Got plenty of alcohol.

Not much of a drinker, I'll stick with the sweet tea, stocked up on smokes before the storm, may venture up to Conroe today, need a few groceries.

I stood in line for an hour to get into Kroger yesterday.
They were only allowing around 40 people in the store at a time.
When one came out they'd let in another.

Got plenty of alcohol.

Specs... I frequent the one one off Dairy Ashford.... lol.

I love that place.
Good cigars,any type alcohol you could ever want and some interesting food.

What do you want.. for him to get in a flatboat and go rescue people? Personally, i think his presence could be a distraction.

I would wait until the weekend after the water has receded somewhat and go to the heart of the destruction. As it stands now he'll only be able to go toward the coast.

I think he just wants to be in the state while this is going on, not necessarily in the impact zone itself.

Dallas would be a reasonable place to be right now. Right on the fringes but not in the way.

Corpus is on the fringe.
Yes...while they haven't been back to check yet, my cousins are assuming their vacation home is gone.

If it's in Rockport thats a distinct possibility.

Got plenty of alcohol.

Got plenty of alcohol.

Honestly I have really only ate want work gave us. Wasn't much. Fucking MRE's until they ran out then it was cup-o-soup from the dollar store.

Yeah...I'm glad I didnt have to tap into my stock of MRE's.
Because If I had,that would mean things were well and truly fucked.

Got plenty of alcohol.

Specs... I frequent the one one off Dairy Ashford.... lol.

I love that place.
Good cigars,any type alcohol you could ever want and some interesting food.

Awesome cheese selection to.

Just on an off note, are you okay where you are? Magnolia, Texas is just NW of Houston and is near all of the flooding.

Got plenty of alcohol.

Not much of a drinker, I'll stick with the sweet tea, stocked up on smokes before the storm, may venture up to Conroe today, need a few groceries.

That's why I'm going north, shouldn't be so bad up there. Houston stores are having problems getting their employees in.

I thought Trump did well visiting the area devastated by Harvey

While he still doesn't do "compassion" well, he did represent the country and set the right message

Got plenty of alcohol.

Blah. You know if trucks are making it in to stores yet?

Got plenty of alcohol.

That's why I'm going north, shouldn't be so bad up there. Houston stores are having problems getting their employees in.

Here to.

I have to somewhat approve just based on his improvement of handling a volatile situation...he didn't blame both Harvey and Houstonians for this disaster.

No volatility here. All went and is going smooth as hell. Notice to, civilians have been doing a better job then the state and Feds of keeping everything thing going. No government needed.

Yep, no volatility, everything is totally normal. :rolleyes:

1139444-11-20170827114315.jpeg

1504020912_318_afghanistan-latest-news-efforts-to-rescue-thousands-from-houston-flooding-continue.jpg

None at all. Matter of fact, I see quite the opposite. Them pictures show Americans doing what needs done and not waiting on someone to send someone. All through this people have come from all over with their boats to help folks out. All the cement yards sent dump trucks, way to much to put down and all stuff you will never hear about on the news. Maybe if you stop looking for shit to be volatile you won't see so much?

Maybe you just don't know what the word volatility means.

Look it up in the dictionary - there is going to be a picture next to it of Houston getting hit with 50 inches of rain.

AP609911989643.jpg

Got plenty of alcohol.

They're getting deliveries as of yesterday.

Got plenty of alcohol.

They're getting deliveries as of yesterday.

Then I'm adding a steak and potatos and broccoli to the beer list.

Corpus is on the fringe.

They're not holding up much hope. They were on the inland side of 35 (we were just there early this summer)...but it's probably gone.

Corpus is on the fringe.

They're not holding up much hope. They were on the inland side of 35 (we were just there early this summer)...but it's probably gone.

Who knows? If it's relatively new construction they might have gotten lucky and will only need some repairs.

When Trump visited La the media attacked him for 'getting in the way' when he visited the immediate flood zone and met victims. This time the media is attacking him for NOT visiting 'ground zero' and for NOT visiting with victims.

All the liberal Hate/Division-Pushing ass-clowns are doing is proving their hatred for the man will never allow them to do anything BUT attack him, no matter what he does.

Forum List

Back