President's handling of Harvey

How would you rate Trump's handling of Harvey thus far?

• Strongly Approve

Votes: 22 62.9%
  • Somewhat Approve

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Neutral

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Somewhat Disapprove

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Strongly Disapprove

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have to somewhat approve just based on his improvement of handling a volatile situation...he didn't blame both Harvey and Houstonians for this disaster.

No volatility here. All went and is going smooth as hell. Notice to, civilians have been doing a better job then the state and Feds of keeping everything thing going. No government needed.

Yep, no volatility, everything is totally normal. :rolleyes:

1139444-11-20170827114315.jpeg

1504020912_318_afghanistan-latest-news-efforts-to-rescue-thousands-from-houston-flooding-continue.jpg

None at all. Matter of fact, I see quite the opposite. Them pictures show Americans doing what needs done and not waiting on someone to send someone. All through this people have come from all over with their boats to help folks out. All the cement yards sent dump trucks, way to much to put down and all stuff you will never hear about on the news. Maybe if you stop looking for shit to be volatile you won't see so much?

Maybe you just don't know what the word volatility means.

Look it up in the dictionary - there is going to be a picture next to it of Houston getting hit with 50 inches of rain.

AP609911989643.jpg

vol·a·tile
ˈvälədl/
adjective
  1. 1.
    (of a substance) easily evaporated at normal temperatures.
    synonyms: evaporative, vaporous; More

2. 2.
    liable to change rapidly and unpredictably, especially for the worse.
    "the political situation was becoming more volatile"
    synonyms: tense, strained, fraught, uneasy, uncomfortable, charged, explosive, inflammatory, turbulent; More

No, the context in which you use the word could not be furthere from accurate. Mayhap YOU should bone up on your words and shit eh?

I have to somewhat approve just based on his improvement of handling a volatile situation...he didn't blame both Harvey and Houstonians for this disaster.

No volatility here. All went and is going smooth as hell. Notice to, civilians have been doing a better job then the state and Feds of keeping everything thing going. No government needed.

1504020912_318_afghanistan-latest-news-efforts-to-rescue-thousands-from-houston-flooding-continue.jpg

None at all. Matter of fact, I see quite the opposite. Them pictures show Americans doing what needs done and not waiting on someone to send someone. All through this people have come from all over with their boats to help folks out. All the cement yards sent dump trucks, way to much to put down and all stuff you will never hear about on the news. Maybe if you stop looking for shit to be volatile you won't see so much?

Look it up in the dictionary - there is going to be a picture next to it of Houston getting hit with 50 inches of rain.

AP609911989643.jpg

vol·a·tile
ˈvälədl/
adjective
  1. 1.

2. 2.
    synonyms: tense, strained, fraught, uneasy, uncomfortable, charged, explosive, inflammatory, turbulent; More

No, the context in which you use the word could not be furthere from accurate. Mayhap YOU should bone up on your words and shit eh?

...Yes, a word well describes hurricane weather systems. What is your deal?

Successes in a Failed System

That's like saying that representation and re-presentation should be spelled the same way, too. Bootlickers are always ready to defend the inferior grammar of people in superior position or of the dupes who look up to them as role models for English Usage.

Not at all. It's like saying that relief supplies were prepositioned. Many words spelled the same differ in meaning, some are pronounced the same, others are not. Lemme think of an example - hmmmm - got it! Sage - spelled the same, pronounced the same, both nouns, though one can be an adjective too. When used as a noun it can mean a wise person, or an aromatic herb with grayish green, rough leaves.

Which sage are you...wise person or leafy herb? Unfortunately the former doesn't apply...so the latter it is. Don't be sad, sage is a wonderful seasoning for meats...even humble herbs serve a purpose. :2up:

Now, adjectived - there's a word.
I am both a wise person and an aromatic herb, though I am neither leafy nor humble. If you can evade the issue, so can I.

I would wait until the weekend after the water has receded somewhat and go to the heart of the destruction. As it stands now he'll only be able to go toward the coast.

I think he just wants to be in the state while this is going on, not necessarily in the impact zone itself.

Dallas would be a reasonable place to be right now. Right on the fringes but not in the way.

Corpus is on the fringe.
Rockport took the most wind damage.
Yes...while they haven't been back to check yet, my cousins are assuming their vacation home is gone.

If it's in Rockport thats a distinct possibility.
They're not holding up much hope. They were on the inland side of 35 (we were just there early this summer)...but it's probably gone.

My nephew is in the Rockport area working, he says some structures faired pretty well, others not so much. It's hit and miss.

AP609911989643.jpg

vol·a·tile
ˈvälədl/
adjective
  1. 1.

2. 2.

The deal is you speak out your ass. All you can muster is your hardon for Trump and political shit, insinuating there was some type of tension. There was none. Just doing . As for me, this was my fourth hurricane, the second I watched happen from inside my work truck. I know hurricanes HERE. You know what you see on TV. No matter what you say, you are talking out your vagina cupcake. And you look dumb.

I think he just wants to be in the state while this is going on, not necessarily in the impact zone itself.

Dallas would be a reasonable place to be right now. Right on the fringes but not in the way.

Corpus is on the fringe.
Yes...while they haven't been back to check yet, my cousins are assuming their vacation home is gone.

They're not holding up much hope. They were on the inland side of 35 (we were just there early this summer)...but it's probably gone.

My nephew is in the Rockport area working, he says some structures faired pretty well, others not so much. It's hit and miss.

What I have seen here is pretty typical. All the building build to code mid nineties and newer need to be muked out and cleaned. Pretty much most of the wrecked houses down here were old block and pier structures. Everything from about south Houston to Galveston had water.

AP609911989643.jpg

vol·a·tile
ˈvälədl/
adjective
  1. 1.

2. 2.

The deal is you speak out your ass. All you can muster is your hardon for Trump and political shit, insinuating there was some type of tension. There was none. Just doing . As for me, this was my fourth hurricane, the second I watched happen from inside my work truck. I know hurricanes HERE. You know what you see on TV. No matter what you say, you are talking out your vagina cupcake. And you look dumb.

I speak out of my ass? You can't even admit that volatility is a distinct quality of Hurricanes?

You sound totally silly.

AP609911989643.jpg

vol·a·tile
ˈvälədl/
adjective
  1. 1.

2. 2.

I speak out of my ass? You can't even admit that volatility is a distinct quality of Hurricanes?

You sound totally silly.

You are intellectually dishonest to. Basically a coward.

AP609911989643.jpg

vol·a·tile
ˈvälədl/
adjective
  1. 1.

2. 2.

You sound totally silly.

Again you accuse me of intellectually dishonesty...while taking up some ridiculous, intellectually dishonest nitpick over me characterizing weather system that passed through Houston as volatile.

Why don't you do the intellectually honest thing and admit you just want to talk back for sake of talking back to me.

vol·a·tile
ˈvälədl/
adjective
  1. 1.

2. 2.

You sound totally silly.

Again you accuse me of intellectually dishonest...while taking up some ridiculous, intellectually dishonest nitpick over me characterizing hurricane as volatile.

Why don't you do the intellectually honest thing and admit you just want to talk back for sake of talking back to me.

Meh, deal with it.

He could have been like Obama and called everyone Racists.

Trump's Presidemcy is A Major Improvement over the politics of Hate and Divide employed by The Left.

BTW where is Obama in all of his or Clinton?

Still planning and running their Coup from their Hitlerian bunkers?

Give The President some credit. He's doing a good job....and not just with this issue.

What's the Pres actually got to do with it? He authorizes/approves disaster related services and stays the hell out of the way until such time as he can make a nice photo op visit to the area. FEMA, the Red Cross, the National Guard, all them, are the ones coordinating and doing the work. What's the Pres really got to do with it but setting all the moving parts in motion, which he did days ago?

Tevi Troy Praises Trump Admin's Planning, Preparation and Response for Hurricane Harvey

"President Trump visited Texas Tuesday to assess the damage from Hurricane Harvey and show concern for its victims. So far, his administration is largely getting praise for effective handling of the crisis. Washington’s disaster authorities appear to be in sync with the state on roles and responsibilities; the Federal Emergency Management Agency and its leader, Brock Long, deployed resources as Harvey approached; and the government response as a whole appears well coordinated.

“I give FEMA a grade of A-plus, all the way from the president down,” Texas Gov. Greg Abbott told “Fox News Sunday.” Yes, Mr. Abbott is a fellow Republican, but he is also interested in protecting Texas and would not have said “A-plus” if the state weren’t getting what it needed. That assessment is backed up by Rear Adm. W. Craig Vanderwagen, a former career emergency manager who is plugged into the Harvey effort. “Early read,” he told me in an email, “is that Executive Branch is performing well under this President.”

Said Troy today, “I think he (Trump) has been doing a good job in large part because he brought in smart personnel, experienced personnel, who know how to deal with disasters and have dealt with them before. and they also did a lot of preparation in advance. So, thus far, I’ve been pleased with what I’ve been seeing in their response.”"

What's the Pres actually got to do with it? He authorizes/approves disaster related services and stays the hell out of the way until such time as he can make a nice photo op visit to the area. FEMA, the Red Cross, the National Guard, all them, are the ones coordinating and doing the work. What's the Pres really got to do with it but setting all the moving parts in motion, which he did days ago?
then how could a president ever fail a disaster? so you're making excuses that a president has no say in preparing, and then blaming the pres when people die due to not being prepared. fk, you libs have no moral integrity.

In response to the dumbass liberal media's criticism of Trump for his 'lack of Empathy' for the victims of Hurricane Harvey:

"While I have never been in a natural disaster, like most people, I have certainly lived through my share of crises, and the last thing you are looking for in the middle of a crisis is something as utterly useless and symbolic as empathy — especially from a stranger. If my house is underwater, if my kids don’t know where they are going to sleep, if everything I have ever worked for is about to be washed away into the Gulf of Mexico, I don’t want your stupid feelz, your squeezing of my shoulder, your words. What I do want is action, competence, a plan, and a way out of this.

And that is exactly what Trump has so far delivered."

Nolte: Texans Don't Want Empathy, They Want the Help Trump Has So Far Delivered - Breitbart

Unless you build 20 feet in the air, surge can't always be avoided and water will find its way in, depending on the storm.Most if the flooding now is due to the rain totals and rising water basins.
Corpus is on the fringe.

What I have seen here is pretty typical. All the building build to code mid nineties and newer need to be muked out and cleaned. Pretty much most of the wrecked houses down here were old block and pier structures. Everything from about south Houston to Galveston had water.

He has been cutting red tape and getting resources down there.

Many should have been evacuated and weren't. It would have lessened the load. They had been told what was coming, and no, millions didn't need to be evacuated.

Tevi Troy Praises Trump Admin's Planning, Preparation and Response for Hurricane Harvey

"President Trump visited Texas Tuesday to assess the damage from Hurricane Harvey and show concern for its victims. So far, his administration is largely getting praise for effective handling of the crisis. Washington’s disaster authorities appear to be in sync with the state on roles and responsibilities; the Federal Emergency Management Agency and its leader, Brock Long, deployed resources as Harvey approached; and the government response as a whole appears well coordinated.

“I give FEMA a grade of A-plus, all the way from the president down,” Texas Gov. Greg Abbott told “Fox News Sunday.” Yes, Mr. Abbott is a fellow Republican, but he is also interested in protecting Texas and would not have said “A-plus” if the state weren’t getting what it needed. That assessment is backed up by Rear Adm. W. Craig Vanderwagen, a former career emergency manager who is plugged into the Harvey effort. “Early read,” he told me in an email, “is that Executive Branch is performing well under this President.”

Said Troy today, “I think he (Trump) has been doing a good job in large part because he brought in smart personnel, experienced personnel, who know how to deal with disasters and have dealt with them before. and they also did a lot of preparation in advance. So, thus far, I’ve been pleased with what I’ve been seeing in their response.”"

Looks like Obama handed over an effective FEMA infrastructure

Unless you build 20 feet in the air, surge can't always be avoided and water will find its way in, depending on the storm.Most if the flooding now is due to the rain totals and rising water basins.

Lol, I don't live in Galveston! I hear you. The area floods pretty regularly. Google "the golden triangle "and you will see what I mean. So ill likely only build 18" and call it good. My Palau has always been an ICF structure. Only issue with that is waiting on cement. It's been backlogged here for about 5 years. Don't even begin to know where I'm going to get that.

Forum List

Back