President's handling of Harvey

How would you rate Trump's handling of Harvey thus far?

• Strongly Approve

Votes: 22 62.9%
  • Somewhat Approve

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Neutral

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Somewhat Disapprove

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Strongly Disapprove

Votes: 3 8.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I don't know what Trump has done other than tweet. Short of instructing everyone to do what is humanly possible to help, I don't think he's really involved. The real work is yet to come with the financial relief.

What do you want.. for him to get in a flatboat and go rescue people? Personally, i think his presence could be a distraction.

Then again, he would catch hell if he didn't pay any attention to them...

He's gonna catch hell no matter what.

I don't know that is the case. I can't stand him and I think he's doing fine with the exception of going down there tomorrow.

Given how poorly the Bush administration handled its response to Hurricane Katrina, it is interesting to me what you the readers think of Trump's response to one of the biggest natural disasters American history. Rate and comment below.

Which response? Using it to hide the Friday news dump of crap?

He stayed on vacation, which helped ; )

Nothing short of the public sacrifice of the Orange Orb on the Mall by drawing and quartering, and display of the severed head for four consecutive weeks from pike on the WH fence, will appease the Gods of Irony and cause the waters of Hell to abate.

What's the Pres actually got to do with it?

I'm curious to know myself, knowing how Democrats reacted to Bush's response to Katrina. Yes indeed, I was wondering that too...
Maybe it's time to let that one go, ya think?
Poor Pres Bush did his best. The tragedy led to a really profound improvement in response to natural disasters that everyone has benefited from, including the people in Texas right now. It wasn't all Bush's fault; it was what they call in the service a cluster fuck. But it's all done now and only the partisan haters hold any animosity toward the guy. He was kinda likable, really.

I don't know what Trump has done other than tweet. Short of instructing everyone to do what is humanly possible to help, I don't think he's really involved. The real work is yet to come with the financial relief.

What do you want.. for him to get in a flatboat and go rescue people? Personally, i think his presence could be a distraction.

Then again, he would catch hell if he didn't pay any attention to them...

I would wait until the weekend after the water has receded somewhat and go to the heart of the destruction. As it stands now he'll only be able to go toward the coast.

I think he just wants to be in the state while this is going on, not necessarily in the impact zone itself.

Dallas would be a reasonable place to be right now. Right on the fringes but not in the way.

What's the Pres actually got to do with it?

I'm curious to know myself, knowing how Democrats reacted to Bush's response to Katrina. Yes indeed, I was wondering that too...
Maybe it's time to let that one go, ya think?
Poor Pres Bush did his best. The tragedy led to a really profound improvement in response to natural disasters that everyone has benefited from, including the people in Texas right now. It wasn't all Bush's fault; it was what they call in the service a cluster fuck. But it's all done now and only the partisan haters hold any animosity toward the guy. He was kinda likable, really.

I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not.

Actually, Katrina was a failure of state & local government. Blanco delayed in getting the feds in.. and don't get me started on Nagin.

Yes it was...as well as a very unfortunate consequence of a hurricane induced rain event.
Bush Declares State of Emergency

Be gentle when shattering their delusions Soggy - it's all the comfort they've got to see them through the next 3 1/2 years.

To Bush's credit,
It's a lot easier to help White folks in a disaster
You aren't helping, Tank.
I live in California and pay Taxes, what more help do you need?

You can stop saying racist shit. Better yet, make your way to Texas and help those suffering from this disaster.

We don't need him.

Just on an off note, are you okay where you are? Magnolia, Texas is just NW of Houston and is near all of the flooding.

Just showing some concern, pal. :)

I'm not sure what Trump has done but I'll compare it to an OL in football. The great job being done behind the scenes is best recognized by seeing those having the ball perform their tasks extremely well.

Nothing short of the public sacrifice of the Orange Orb on the Mall by drawing and quartering, and display of the severed head for four consecutive weeks from pike on the WH fence, will appease the Gods of Irony and cause the waters of Hell to abate.
Might not work...but why take the risk it doesn't.

To Bush's credit,
It's a lot easier to help White folks in a disaster
You aren't helping, Tank.
I live in California and pay Taxes, what more help do you need?

You can stop saying racist shit. Better yet, make your way to Texas and help those suffering from this disaster.

We don't need him.

Just on an off note, are you okay where you are? Magnolia, Texas is just NW of Houston and is near all of the flooding.

Just showing some concern, pal. :)

Can't go anywhere, been flooded in for three days, still have power and the house is dry. Just a major pain in the butt so far. Thanks for asking.

The best thing Trump can do is leverage resources and get them there expediently.

There is about to be thousands more refugees from the area that will need to be clothed, fed and housed for at least a week.

Call the local bottling companies and have them switch production to bottle water and raid the Walmart warehouses.

Forum List

Back