Press #1 For English?

As interesting as it is that there are posters here over 200 years old, the fact remains that there have been many languages spoken in the US since our founding.
As interesting as it is that there are posters here over 200 years old, the fact remains that there have been many languages spoken in the US since our founding.

ost: 17128114, member: 31918"]
..... the reason these people don't assimilate into our English speaking society is.....

"Our society" speaks many languages, and they DO assimilate.
"Our society" USED to speak ONE language. And a huge part of acclimating to American culture is learning English. So, IF illegal aliens were acclimating, this wouldn't be an issue WOULD IT? That's the logic behind my statement.

That is NOT a true or logical statement, by the way.[/QUOTE]
I sense desperation in your posts. Au contraire! IF Mexicans WERE acclimating, would this be a issue to begin with?

..... the reason these people don't assimilate into our English speaking society is.....

"Our society" USED to speak ONE language. And a huge part of acclimating to American culture is learning English. So, IF illegal aliens were acclimating, this wouldn't be an issue WOULD IT? That's the logic behind my statement.

It's largely a fabricated issue. The assimilation process is progressing as it always has (including the hysterical nativist noise). Immigrants today are learning English. Illegal immigration is the government's failure at the border.

Not failure, deliberately.

Democrats seek to make whites a minority in our country as soon as possible.

Damn. I was born In 1957. Grew up in Colorado. Everybody HERE spoke English until Unko had a epiphany. Not according to Unko-san. He thinks he can tell US what history IS. Because he wants to redefine it to fit his parameters. History doesn't work that way, Unko-san. Illegals are NOT acclimatizing. History is telling us that.

It's largely a fabricated issue. The assimilation process is progressing as it always has (including the hysterical nativist noise). Immigrants today are learning English. Illegal immigration is the government's failure at the border.

Not failure, deliberately. ......

Malfeasance then.

Not failure, deliberately. ......

Malfeasance then.
I respect you as human being, I just have no idea where the hell you are coming from with this, unko. Where are you coming from? I get them up my ass like unwanted parasites, and not seeing the benefits or excuses.

As someone who knows what the hell he is talking about on this subject, let me reiterate that immigrants today are assimilating just as waves of immigrants who came before them did. This thread presents the same kind of fearful, illogical, irrational nonsense that the weak-minded of previous generations of would-be nativists indulged in.

Unko makes me laugh. Aren't illegal aliens just "nativists "one country removed? Please. I have had it with euphemisms. George Orwell would eat this up. Illegal mexicans are NOT acclimating. Like I said a few times before, this wouldn't be an issue, would it?

Forum List

Back