Prices at The Restaurants

Or maybe I was just asking why he is eating out several times a week. The story of that just might be more interesting than anything else he has to say. Also I like to find out how some self-centered whiner is causing their own misery.
How is it whining when someone reports that they can no longer afford their previous lifestyle in Biden’s 8% inflation?

Shhhh…..anyone who dares make a peep over how expensive things are and how it has changed their lifestyle will be put down as a whiner!

My questions are what is it going to take for restaurants to come down on their prices? How many customers do they have to lose in order for them to get the idea that they are finally asking for too much money?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

How is it whining when someone reports that they can no longer afford their previous lifestyle in Biden’s 8% inflation?

Shhhh…..anyone who dares make a peep over how expensive things are and how it has changed their lifestyle will be put down as a whiner!

They know Inflation *Joe is a world wide disaster. That’s why they’re always defensive.

My questions are what is it going to take for restaurants to come down on their prices? How many customers do they have to lose in order for them to get the idea that they are finally asking for too much money?

God bless you always!!!

Holly

They pay higher costs, you pay higher prices.

Economics 101.

As for the increase in prices at Restaurants let me say that Credit card companies’ fees are already being paid by customers because they are part of a merchant’s overhead expenses.
I also know that the restaurant industry has been devastated by our governments imposed regulations, and SHUT-DOWNS , and I for one have been VERY Sympathetic about that from day one.
However, over the last few weeks I have notices after getting my bill from some restaurants a Credit Card Fee for using my card.
Now I dine out several times weekly with my wife and have notices a Fee added on the bill for using a credit card, ranging from 2 percent to 4 percent. Being told about it in advance, or having it listed on the Menu is not the Issue, not at all.
As we all know very well the cost of eating out has skyrocketed with food and also the drink prices! And mostly all of the restaurants have raised their prices. I know that, and I’m not complaining about that. But now adding a Credit Card Fee on top is what I think TO MUCH.
I believe that without a doubt it will reduce the number of times people go out to a restaurant. That is a Given.
And as a customer who frequently dines in restaurants, I know will impact my going out for dinner as often as I have been..
First of all, I feel that if the restaurant is raising their prices then they should not be charging this ridiculous fee for the use of someone using their Card As a practical matter, since more than 80, and maybe 90 percent of bills at full-service restaurants are paid by credit cards, such fees should be built into the prices, as they most probably were already. .
I think the prices they are charging now is getting to be too much already, then you include the tip, the gas to get there, the Valet for parking, and now a credit card fee?. They are going to be pricing themselves out of existence.
All prices already went up. I’m VERY Sorry for all those that suffered last year. But my fixed income didn’t go up, and I’,m sure that most of their other customers haven't either
That practice was made illegal in the UK a few years ago. So if the bill was £40 and you paid cash or credit card, you pay £40 with no added extra fees. The only thing a shop can do is display, "Minimum £5 spend when using a card".

They pay higher costs, you pay higher prices.

Economics 101.
Yup. The answer is to stop paying the counter guy - a 20-year-old with no real skills - close to $20 an hour to ring up my hamburger order, Maybe then the hamburger wouldn’t cost $14, with $5 for an order of fries.

Unfortunately this thread eloquently illustrates that hard working Americans are truly seeing our quality of life being destroyed. Taking the family out for pizza night used to be expensive. It is now unaffordable. Stopping in to buy lunch at the strip mall feels painful. "Five Guys" used to be spendy for a burger. I ordered a single patty burger with fries and a shake...$25 before tip...so $30. The blue haired, nose pierced, tattooed thing that made my burger used sopping wet lettuce that turned the burger into a disgusting pile of mush. Obviously I can't blame that on Biden....I'm just saying it used to be much better and much cheaper.

Unfortunately this thread eloquently illustrates that hard working Americans are truly seeing our quality of life being destroyed. Taking the family out for pizza night used to be expensive. It is now unaffordable. Stopping in to buy lunch at the strip mall feels painful. "Five Guys" used to be spendy for a burger. I ordered a single patty burger with fries and a shake...$25 before tip...so $30. The blue haired, nose pierced, tattooed thing that made my burger used sopping wet lettuce that turned the burger into a disgusting pile of mush. Obviously I can't blame that on Biden....I'm just saying it used to be much better and much cheaper.

If you would stay away from the chain eateries and go to "mom and pop" places, you would find that not only are they a bit cheaper than the chains, but they also have a lot better food.

A friend of mine once told me how to find the best places to eat, and I've never gone wrong using their advice. If you want to find a good place to eat that has good prices for the meals offered, look for motorcycles and trucks (both semi and farm trucks) parked around the place. If there is a lot of them, definitely stop in and check the place out. If not, stop only if you want to.

But if bikers, truckers and farm workers hang out there, the food is good and plentiful.

I disagree ABiikerSailor. My local Mexican place has raised the prices over fifty percent. I used to get a "five dollar foot long" from subway... that is now $11.50 for a six inch,,,,,,that a purple haired employee watches as it gets cold.... Where I live, eating out is now simply a joke. If you try to order food that is prepared for you ( regardless of price) it is far, far different from just two years ago. My grandparents went through the depression. They learned to use lentils and animal fat to survive....IMHO we are heading in that direction.

I disagree ABiikerSailor. My local Mexican place has raised the prices over fifty percent. I used to get a "five dollar foot long" from subway... that is now $11.50 for a six inch,,,,,,that a purple haired employee watches as it gets cold.... Where I live, eating out is now simply a joke. If you try to order food that is prepared for you ( regardless of price) it is far, far different from just two years ago. My grandparents went through the depression. They learned to use lentils and animal fat to survive....IMHO we are heading in that direction.

Subway is a chain eatery. They aren't going to be making food that is good because most of it is processed crap that they ship nationwide to all the other Subway shops. And, unfortunately, because it's a chain, they have to make it the same no matter where you are.

Mom and Pop places are much different, as they are owned by the people who run them, and, they generally care a hell of a lot more about their product (as well as who serves it and how it's served) than the large chain places.

And, a lot of the mom and pop places around here (Bill and Fran's in Newberry SC comes readily to mind) still give generous portions for their meal, and they are always hot, fresh and mostly homemade right in the place. The little taco truck that I go to every weekend still is selling their tacos at 2.50/ea, and two of them is a decent lunch. Three if you feel like eating, four if you are REALLY hungry. Yeah, I could spend 10 bucks at Taco Bell to get something that will tide me over for a meal, but I can go to the taco truck and spend that same 10 bucks and be full for almost the rest of the day. And, those are tacos with steak, pork, chorizo or tongue, you pick your favorite and can mix and match if you want.

I appreciate the dialog ABikerSailor. My experience is far different than yours. I live very far from you. I truly hope that my experience will remain different from yours. Virtually every eatery in my area has drastically increased their prices. Drastically! On top of that, the lack of qualified "workers" has given us the "one, two punch".,,, Subway....Five Dollar Footlong? Locally, they laugh at you, when you say that....Literally,, they will laugh out loud in your face....I get the mom and pop shop thing,,,However the mom and pop Mexican food here increased prices over 50% ( they probably had to). They still give large portions...they know that I will make breakfast from the leftovers. But I'm here to tell you, in my neighborhood feeding oneself and his family is far, far different than just 2 years ago.

Forum List

Back