Private Browsing

One thing I find funny when I listen to conservative radio stations, are the advertisements all the time about "do you know somebody or some business who is illegally using software? report them to the authorities to get money!"

Kind of an aside, but I do find it amusing.

Sorry, I listen to them all of the time and never heard that crap.

You're making it up.

One thing I find funny when I listen to conservative radio stations, are the advertisements all the time about "do you know somebody or some business who is illegally using software? report them to the authorities to get money!"

You're making it up.

I don't think he's making it up. All types of groups advertise all sorts of causes on conservative radio all of the time. It's not there policies to make politics a matter of advertising. MSNBC doesn't turn down Republicans who want to advertise on their channel either.

I think you're confusing Republican politicians with conservative causes. I don't come across conservatives who are rallying for intercepting communications as a matter of routine.

Sorry, but feigning ignorance on this is not helping you. If you have been following Net Neutrality at all, you'd know that there was a big rallying cry for republicans and their conservative bases to fight Net Neutrality.

Stop denying it, because you can just take a quick gander at the wonderful history that the internet preserves to prove yourself wrong.

It WAS conservatives. Conservatives make up a bulk of the republican party. It wasn't just "non conservative republican leaders"

I know about the issue. I just hadn't immediately recalled the term. I've followed it. But putting your condescension aside, can you tell me that Democrats are not behind the spying and intrusions? Of course, they are. So does that mean it's a 'liberal' and 'conservative' cause. As we see, your logic is bunk.

So many democrats are terrible when it comes to information technology. I hate people like Chris Dodd who started to work with the MPAA because I'm hugely against the MPAA and the RIAA and their scorched earth tactics.

Also, please demonstrate to me where liberals, or even democrats, were called upon to fight Net Neutrality. You can't, because it's never been a target. It's never been organized against... and has in fact been actively supported by people with a liberal mind on the internet and information technology.

I do challenge you to find stuff against democrats and/or liberals, like I can conservatives and/or republicans. And don't post me shit about politicians. Show me lay people, rising up and speaking out against Net Neutrality. Show me people who aren't saying that Net Neutrality is a liberal government intervention plan, like so many opponents of Net Neutrality say.

You're wrong. Just admit it. It's not so bad to be wrong once in a while.

You're making it up.

Why would I be making it up?

I invite you to listen to 660 "The Answer" in Dallas.

Sorry, but feigning ignorance on this is not helping you. If you have been following Net Neutrality at all, you'd know that there was a big rallying cry for republicans and their conservative bases to fight Net Neutrality.

Stop denying it, because you can just take a quick gander at the wonderful history that the internet preserves to prove yourself wrong.

It WAS conservatives. Conservatives make up a bulk of the republican party. It wasn't just "non conservative republican leaders"

I know about the issue. I just hadn't immediately recalled the term. I've followed it. But putting your condescension aside, can you tell me that Democrats are not behind the spying and intrusions? Of course, they are. So does that mean it's a 'liberal' and 'conservative' cause. As we see, your logic is bunk.

So many democrats are terrible when it comes to information technology. I hate people like Chris Dodd who started to work with the MPAA because I'm hugely against the MPAA and the RIAA and their scorched earth tactics.

Also, please demonstrate to me where liberals, or even democrats, were called upon to fight Net Neutrality. You can't, because it's never been a target. It's never been organized against... and has in fact been actively supported by people with a liberal mind on the internet and information technology.

I do challenge you to find stuff against democrats and/or liberals, like I can conservatives and/or republicans. And don't post me shit about politicians. Show me lay people, rising up and speaking out against Net Neutrality. Show me people who aren't saying that Net Neutrality is a liberal government intervention plan, like so many opponents of Net Neutrality say.

You're wrong. Just admit it. It's not so bad to be wrong once in a while.

Republicans and Democrats are at the heart of this monstrosity. You've admitted that. I've admitted it.

To the second point, this is not a conservative or liberal issue at this point as far as lay people are concerned. I think this is the folks vs. the government. Are there Republican and Democrat apologist on both sides? Absolutely. Look at this thread. You're the only person on the left taking it serious b/c the other liberal posters take a defend Obama at all costs mentality. Were there Republicans who initially supported the Patriot Act? Most of them did at least through the process of getting it into law.

HOWEVER, let's not revise history. The patriot act was about spying on suspected terrorists w/o broadcasting that reality. The talk of the day was not warrantless this and data storage that upon everyday Americans. This is not something that the conservative lay man was ever for.

No there isn't. Send an email to yourself at the height of the day. Expand it and look where your email has been. I'm currently enjoying spring in my apartment in NYC and logged into my computer in Vegas. My CPA, who's office is three miles from my Vegas home sent me an email today. It was routed through Canada. I've had email routed through Mexico, England, South America, and Hawaii. How would one expect inherent privacy?

I think you need to study packet security. Your information is ALWAYS going to routed. Packet hops are a fact of the internet.

That has nothing to do with security. All of your bank transactions make the same hops, and yet you have privacy with those.

I understand many of the general ways that information is sent. I also understand the many ways that government has been trying to undermine encryption. I know that Obama wanted to pass a law that made all electronic communications to be cracked by the FBI. I think that's nonsense. Citizens should not have to cater their communications to the government intrusions. AND THAT'S THE OBAMA. SO GET OFF YOUR FUCKING HIGH HORSE, JACK ASS.

Some communication methods cannot be cracked. All the computers in the world couldn't crack them. The wonderful world of encryption.

What they can however do, is be a middle man and make you think that your communications are encrypted.

I guess you did not watch the video in the link.

Yes I am aware DD stores no data, what I mean is the NSA will apply pressure to lawmakers requiring search engines to at least temporarily store user data and use the national security card to make that happen.
If DD begins to be a real player in the search engine market (which they are far-far from now) you wait and see if the gubnent doesn't start prying at them.

No. The government will just make sure every action on the internet, including this post I am writing right now, is run through a government snooper and saved. They are already well along with this plan.

You are probably right there.
I have a trusted friend (both ways) who operates an underground server farm near Chicago IL. He showed me around, it has double redundancy in power, backups and 3 backup internet lines. The whole complex is underneath a city owned building with thick concrete walls/ceiling. I raised my eyebrow and said to him "so...I'm guessing you have root servers here and maybe a few other things, no way all of this is just a server farm."
He just shrugged his shoulders.
I don't know what is there, he is not in a position to tell me...but I saw the blade servers, redundancy etc. Major-major capacity in this unassuming building in a small town property...underground for Pets sake.
So yes, they are already doing something.

Forum List

Back