Pro or contra Burqa?

if it is the will of Afghanistan to return to the Burqa, then .....

• ... then it is only fair and OK to do so

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ... then it is still not quite right

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • I dont know and dont care and it is none of our business

Votes: 2 50.0%

• Total voters

Zebra

Gold Member
May 29, 2023
Well meaning woke and politically correct people are usually 110 % full of understanding for everything.
and mostly say: it's none of our business.
What now in the case of the Burqa?

Now the burqa-loving politically correct wokers will probably try to stone me

Let the woman decide. If she wants to wear one of those ridiculous beekeeper suits, that’s her business.

I am more concerned about wearing burkas in the U.S. to conceal one's identity.

Hefty went into the wrong business.
Hefty_S_MltiPrps_LBB.png

Give up your career and have babies and be subservient to your husband.

Again, not really my business but we are barely better in many regards to those we condemn.

The goings on, in the culture & norms of other nations, is none of the business of Americans.
If those women there, don't like it, they should seek asylum here. What the hell, seems the whole world is anyway.

:abgg2q.jpg:

Just like whenever we have arguments over the constitution, our first Amendment & second Amendment rights, we have folks from Canada, Britain, Australia, and every other Eurotrash, butt their unwanted opinions into our national culture. I never understand why they care so much. . . :eusa_think:

If you want to be American, you agree to abide to our Constitution and our centuries old heritage. If you don't? Go somewhere else.

These types of opinions, IMO, are patently unwanted, and unsolicited. It really grinds my gears.

The goings on, in the culture & norms of other nations, is none of the business of Americans.
If those women there, don't like it, they should seek asylum here. What the hell, seems the whole world is anyway.

:abgg2q.jpg:

Just like whenever we have arguments over the constitution, our first Amendment & second Amendment rights, we have folks from Canada, Britain, Australia, and every other Eurotrash, butt their unwanted opinions into our national culture. I never understand why they care so much. . . :eusa_think:

If you want to be American, you agree to abide to our Constitution and our centuries old heritage. If you don't? Go somewhere else.

These types of opinions, IMO, are patently unwanted, and unsolicited. It really grinds my gears.
I don't see morality as so relative that it involves nothing more than normative customs entrenched in a group of people. I see it as the product of reason, instead.

I do not view all cultures and all ideas as the same. That seems the road to nihilism, my friend.

I don't see morality as so relative that it involves nothing more than normative customs entrenched in a group of people. I see it as the product of reason, instead.

I do not view all cultures and all ideas as the same. That seems the road to nihilism, my friend.
From our perspective, you are correct. But we have no right to push our ontological paradigms and culture onto others, anymore than they have the right to shove theirs onto us.

Our morality, is not their morality.

Our reason, is not their reason.

Of course they are not all the same. Other cultures are just as sure of their righteousness, as we are of ours.

etc.

Robert Audi - Epistemology: How Do We Know What We Know?​

Oct 1, 2018
What do we know and how do we know it? What is knowledge? What is belief? How is belief justified? What justifies us in believing what we believe? Is justified belief knowledge? These questions constitute “epistemology” – the theory of knowledge.

Forum List

Back