Producer Prices soar 9.7% in Decembers. Sets all-time record.

Inflation is 7% annually, but consumer spending was up 13.2% in 2020
Actually, consumer spending decreased 2.7% in 2020.

1. Can't find employees to hire

2. Workers want more money

3. You raise wages

4. You have to raise prices to cover the wage increase

5. inflation
It is not that simple. You make it look like we have a basic bartering economy. I give you a few loaves of bread and you give me a few t shirts. There are middlemen. There are fiat currency banks that convinced us to use currencies with them getting a cut of it in the transaction. There are people collecting pensions, social security, benefits and medical care. There are people collecting welfare, ebt, medicare and more. There is free medical for many including illegals. There is massive corruption in all out programs. There is the matter of many of our products made overseas with massive trade imbalances. There are massive debts accumulating which is affecting the strength of our Fiat Currency. There is the question of where tens of trillions of dollars of money authorized have went over the decades since we started running yearly debts in the 1970's. You see, the Fiat Currency takes more and more from those who produce.

Actually, consumer spending decreased 2.7% in 2020.

nostra

I was referring to US consumer Holiday spending last year.

ILMAO @ holiday season, you figure that's all there is? Sure as fuck isn't.

And inflated dollars are inflated dollars. $94 spent last year is more than $100 spent today for the same things. Simple heads say, boy howdy, $100 must be more.
Well you're better than the conservative talkinghead on the radio I heard yesterday. He claimed that Biden inflation has turned $80 dollars of products into $116 because of inflation.

I'm thinking his math is a bit off.

1. Can't find employees to hire

2. Workers want more money

3. You raise wages

4. You have to raise prices to cover the wage increase

5. inflation
I would say you have to get the dregs off their pelosis and take up these available jobs. The best way to do that is stop paying them to sit at home. Available jobs play plenty and most have bennies.....your dreg buddies just aren't motivated enough yet Otis.

But I thought you loons said raising the minimum wage would increase prices.
It depends and some factors.

In Seattle which raised it's minimum wage about two ago research showed that it didn't cause prices to rise or unemployment to rise either.

I would say you have to get the dregs off their pelosis and take up these available jobs. The best way to do that is stop paying them to sit at home. Available jobs play plenty and most have bennies.....your dreg buddies just aren't motivated enough yet Otis.
Did that happen in red states that cut benefits last year?

Well you're better than the conservative talkinghead on the radio I heard yesterday. He claimed that Biden inflation has turned $80 dollars of products into $116 because of inflation.

I'm thinking his math is a bit off.

Might be something to it, I'd have to listen/study.

End of the day I think our economic system has become fake fake fake. It's probably already collapsed, but if people don't know it has then has it?

:abgg2q.jpg: :flameth:

It depends and some factors.

In Seattle which raised it's minimum wage about two ago research showed that it didn't cause prices to rise or unemployment to rise either.

"
Its employees opted to work fewer hours as their wages rose, a tall order in a tight labor market.

“We thought with higher wages it would be easier to get people to take more hours, but it’s been the opposite,” said Jasmine Donovan, president of Dick’s. She added that the company has had to raise prices for the first time in its history because of the cost of labor alone, whereas in the past, food costs drove such hikes."

Forum List

Back