Profit over human decency again:Vietnam vet freezes to death after gas turned off

Very easy to cut the debt. Cut military budget,jack corporate tax rate up higher and actually make them pay what the rate is and now get out with the loopholes,close ALL foreign bases,kick out ALL illegals.

They shouldn't be allowed to charge for something people need to live.

So food, clothing, water, housing, electricity, and gas should all be free? Is that what you're suggesting?

fuck that is the stupidest thing I ever heard in my life. Are you under the impression that the gas is free to gas companies? Moron

and further, guess what? Humans lived for thousands of years without gas heat.

We need food to live to, should we be able to go to the grocery store and help ourselves? Idiot.

Social Democracy works for me. Electricity was either free or extremely cheap in Libya under Qaddafi. I can't remember which.

Yes, feel free to compare the average standard of living in Libya under Qaddafi to the average standard of living in the US, you fucking dope.
Not saying there is a comparison but if a shit hole country like that can afford it then why the hell can't the US? Its run by corporations to buy politicians who do their bidding.
All we really need to make things free or at least cheap is slave labor. That would keep costs down so that companies could come close to giving product away.

Why does it matter that he was a vet?

what role did the president play in this in your mind? Did he personally shut the gas off?
A president that is worth ANYTHING will make it to where these things DON'T happen. Hell Gas as in Natural Gas,Electricity,Propane,Water etc should NOT BE commodities to be bought,sold and cut off from ANYONE.
The bill was in someone else's name. What's this company supposed to do, knock on the doors of tens of thousands of customers?

How many social services agencies are in Hazel Park, MI?
Warming centers?
Homeless shelters?
The United Way?
Crisis hotlines?
Titty bars?
The republican compassion!

No....according to you libs it should be left in the ground since it causes mythical global warming...right? Isn't this the outcome you guys prefer......one less human, no fossil fuels used.......right?

Oh and I would settle for a set rate for every person in America for each thing...and if they can't afford it its paid for by some charity etc...take the 8$ million a DAY we send to israel to help pay for it...try taking care of AMERICANS before we take care of foreigners.

You really, really need a course in economics...or a real job.....one of the two....preferably both.....see how the world actually works......and how services are best provided....

Why he didn't take advantage of existing programs and facilities designed to care for Vets is puzzling. There must be more to the story than released by the media.
Regardless, it is appalling to say the least, how he was left virtually out in the cold by the VA when he had throat cancer is inexcusable. How any Vet is treated this way is a disgrace.

Why he didn't take advantage of existing programs and facilities designed to care for Vets is puzzling. There must be more to the story than released by the media.
Regardless, it is appalling to say the least, how he was left virtually out in the cold by the VA when he had throat cancer is inexcusable. How any Vet is treated this way is a disgrace.
The va is responsible for his heat?

So food, clothing, water, housing, electricity, and gas should all be free? Is that what you're suggesting?
They shouldn't be items to be held over people's heads especially when they can not afford them. I would be happy with a set amount paid per month according to how much you make. Of course there is enough that needs to be done that once we rid the country of the leaches and non whites we can put everyone to work that needs to work,destroy the financial grip the Rothschilds and their descendants have over our economy and 1 person usually the man can then work and support his family.

what role did the president play in this in your mind? Did he personally shut the gas off?
A president that is worth ANYTHING will make it to where these things DON'T happen. Hell Gas as in Natural Gas,Electricity,Propane,Water etc should NOT BE commodities to be bought,sold and cut off from ANYONE.
The bill was in someone else's name. What's this company supposed to do, knock on the doors of tens of thousands of customers?

Warming centers?
Homeless shelters?
The United Way?
Crisis hotlines?
Titty bars?

No....according to you libs it should be left in the ground since it causes mythical global warming...right? Isn't this the outcome you guys prefer......one less human, no fossil fuels used.......right?
I don't believe in global warming.
69-year-old Vietnam vet with throat cancer freezes to death after company shuts off his gas

Fucking sickening....I wish to god we had a president that gave a shit about our veterans over corporations.
I didn't see YOU stepping up to pay the bill, but go ahead and blame someone else for not paying for it. Hypocrisy at its finest.
I didn't know about it. Unlike you republicans I actually take out of my own pocket to help others as much as possible even though I am low on money at all times as well.

Very easy to cut the debt. Cut military budget,jack corporate tax rate up higher and actually make them pay what the rate is and now get out with the loopholes,close ALL foreign bases,kick out ALL illegals.

I'm with all that , except I'd do away with the current tax structure completely and go with a national sales tax.

I didn't know about it. Unlike you republicans I actually take out of my own pocket to help others as much as possible even though I am low on money at all times as well.
Ohhh, but f you had known about it you would have sent him the money for sure, right? Get the fuck out of here you lying hypocrite. For the record, the religious right donates more money to charity than any other group in our nation.

They shouldn't be items to be held over people's heads especially when they can not afford them. I would be happy with a set amount paid per month according to how much you make. Of course there is enough that needs to be done that once we rid the country of the leaches and non whites we can put everyone to work that needs to work,destroy the financial grip the Rothschilds and their descendants have over our economy and 1 person usually the man can then work and support his family.

Warming centers?
Homeless shelters?
The United Way?
Crisis hotlines?
Titty bars?

69-year-old Vietnam vet with throat cancer freezes to death after company shuts off his gas

Fucking sickening....I wish to god we had a president that gave a shit about our veterans over corporations.
I didn't see YOU stepping up to pay the bill, but go ahead and blame someone else for not paying for it. Hypocrisy at its finest.
Ohhh, but f you had known about it you would have sent him the money for sure, right? Get the fuck out of here you lying hypocrite.

Oh by the way , EVERY study done on the topic shows that conservatives give more, much more, in time and money than liberals.

This is sad but I don't see how it's the gas companies' fault as the name on the bill was different and someone should have informed them the man was living there. One thing I do have a problem with is anyone's gas or electric being shut off during winter months. In our state utilities can't do it period but come May 1 each year they start shutting them off.

Warming centers?
Homeless shelters?
The United Way?
Crisis hotlines?
Titty bars?

Ohhh, but f you had known about it you would have sent him the money for sure, right? Get the fuck out of here you lying hypocrite.

Oh by the way , EVERY study done on the topic shows that conservatives give more, much more, in time and money than liberals.
Absolutely. I actually added that tidbit to my post just before you made your post.

Last edited:

Now you're blaming Obama?

You sound like people in North Korea. They blame everything on America and our president.

Please tell me how Obama is responsible for that company turning off his gas?

So it's not ok for a vet to be without gas but when the water companies in Michigan turned of the water to some of their customers conservatives had no problem with it.

You might want to talk to your republican friends in congress. Tell them to help the vets. Obama can only propose legislation. He can't vote on a bill in congress. That's the job of the congress to do. Tell them to pass a bill to help vets and Obama will sign it.

Obama isn't like reagan. reagan vetoed a bill that would give vets who were exposed to radiation from nuke bomb tests medical treatment and help. So those vets continued to suffer and die like flies.

You sound like people in North Korea. They blame everything on America and our president.

So it's not ok for a vet to be without gas but when the water companies in Michigan turned of the water to some of their customers conservatives had no problem with it.

You might want to talk to your republican friends in congress. Tell them to help the vets. Obama can only propose legislation. He can't vote on a bill in congress. That's the job of the congress to do. Tell them to pass a bill to help vets and Obama will sign it.

Obama isn't like reagan. reagan vetoed a bill that would give vets who were exposed to radiation from nuke bomb tests medical treatment and help. So those vets continued to suffer and die like flies.

Obama has nothing to do with this, but Reagan does?

:rofl: you liberals are so stupid

Obama has nothing to do with this, but Reagan does?

:rofl: you liberals are so stupid

I never said reagan did.

I was giving an example of how conservative presidents actually did do something to cause the needless deaths of thousands of vets.

The OP blamed this on Obama. Which it's not his fault.

I blame the veto of that bill for vets on reagan and I showed that yes, republican presidents don't support or help out vets. And gave an actual situation that a president is actually responsible for vets suffering and dying.

Forum List

Back