Prohibiting hair styles is now racist in New York. Fine up to 250K

Under new guidelines to be released this week by the New York City Commission on Human Rights, the targeting of people based on their hair or hairstyle, at work, school or in public spaces, will now be considered racial discrimination.
Poor souls have no choice but to wear their hair a certain way. They are victims. Someone made them do it.

You can't make this shit up.

The decay continues.

I believe the public is getting sick of this racism shit. I know I am. Everything is racist to the left.

The left regulating/fining people over hair styles...I can't say this surprises me these people are insane.

They are. That's why we need to keep them out of power in our federal government; so the entire country doesn't look like New York.

The left regulating/fining people over hair styles...I can't say this surprises me these people are insane.
i still cant figure out that "A Symetric" hair style, (well thats what i think they call it}...some celebs just take it to the extreme,,,i hate it! i wonder if the left will tie me to a truck if i went public with my feelings about this.

That may be possible, but if you have training and somebody grabs your ponytail, you can still get the best of them.

Let's see....I grew up in Detroit, was ArmyAIT-trained in hand-to-hand, been in extensive combat, earned a Shodan in GoJuRyu Okinawan Karate, and owned and was the "cooler" in a nightclub breaking up dozens if not hundreds of bar fights....if there's a way to get out of somebody having ahold of a ponytail without getting the crap beat outta ya, I've never seen it.

i still cant figure out that "A Symetric" hair style, (well thats what i think they call it}...some celebs just take it to the extreme,,,i hate it! i wonder if the left will tie me to a truck if i went public with my feelings about this.

I'm so ratting you out to the hair style police.

Under new guidelines to be released this week by the New York City Commission on Human Rights, the targeting of people based on their hair or hairstyle, at work, school or in public spaces, will now be considered racial discrimination.
Poor souls have no choice but to wear their hair a certain way. They are victims. Someone made them do it.

You can't make this shit up.

The decay continues.

I believe the public is getting sick of this racism shit. I know I am. Everything is racist to the left.
Hard to say. Here's hoping.

The change in law applies to anyone in New York City but is aimed at remedying the disparate treatment of black people; the guidelines specifically mention the right of New Yorkers to maintain their “natural hair, treated or untreated hairstyles such as locs, cornrows, twists, braids, Bantu knots, fades, Afros, and/or the right to keep hair in an uncut or untrimmed state.”

In practice, the guidelines give legal recourse to individuals who have been harassed, threatened, punished, demoted or fired because of the texture or style of their hair. The city commission can levy penalties up to $250,000 on defendants that are found in violation of the guidelines and there is no cap on damages. The commission can also force internal policy changes and rehirings at offending institutions.

The move was prompted in part by investigations after complaints from workers at two Bronx businesses — a medical facility in Morris Park and a nonprofit in Morrisania — as well as workers at an Upper East Side hair salon and a restaurant in the Howard Beach section of Queens. (The new guidelines do not interfere with health and safety reasons for wearing hair up or in a net, as long as the rules apply to everyone.)

New York City to Ban Discrimination Based on Hair

As a white lad in the 70's, I wore my hair longer. However it did present problems when being interviewed for a job. I was told straight out at some places of employment that if hired, I had to cut my hair. In private Catholic school, if your hair touched the top of your ears, you were sent home with a note to your parents you were suspended until you got your hair cut.

Whether for safety (working with machinery) health or simply appearance, employers and schools had the right to have standards on acceptable hair styles. I was alway told with jobs working with the public, the employee customers see represents the entire company.

So now in NY, that's entirely out the window, especially for minorities. If you don't want your cable television salesperson looking like a Jamaican refugee when he goes door to door, you can be fined 250K for not hiring that person. If you are hiring a receptionist for your corporation, you must hire the girl with half her purple hair down her back and the other half shaved like a marine.

Okay, so it's New York, it's their problem? Is it? This is what all of America can look like if we don't keep people like this from running our entire country.

well you cant blame racism on Republicans in new york.....its hilarious to see the left's circus act

But seriously how will they remedy this with smcultural appropriation when white dude wants dreads or an afro?

And what if you dont know how to do a certain hairstyle?

i wonder if its racist to ask an associate where i can find the afro sheen at any wal mart

I'm so ratting you out to the hair style police.

Why not? These are the same people hoping we have Thought Police in the future.

i wonder if its racist to ask an associate where i can find the afro sheen at any wal mart

In the hood they keep the afro-sheen behind a counter and it has to be asked for. :eek:
It must be a hot item. They started putting all the perfumes under lock and key here, and there's never anyone around to open it up for a customer. I quit buying their old cheap perfume after that. You can get anything on Ebay or Amazon, even perfume and probably the shiny hair stuff as well.

That may be possible, but if you have training and somebody grabs your ponytail, you can still get the best of them.

Let's see....I grew up in Detroit, was ArmyAIT-trained in hand-to-hand, been in extensive combat, earned a Shodan in GoJuRyu Okinawan Karate, and owned and was the "cooler" in a nightclub breaking up dozens if not hundreds of bar fights....if there's a way to get out of somebody having ahold of a ponytail without getting the crap beat outta ya, I've never seen it.

Well I don't know what your training taught you, but in martial arts, you are trained to fight from any position under any circumstance. That's not to say you won't end up with a scratch on you, but at least your attacker won't end up getting the best of you either.

In the system I was trained in, we stepped into the opponent, not away from. While there was never any moves to defend yourself from somebody grabbing your pony tail (I never had one) the first thing I would do is step back into the attacker until I was close enough to make a move. That would either be grabbing his groin and pulling upwards, or a hard upper elbow to the bottom of his mouth, or if possible, both in one move.

As a man in his 60's who currently has a pony tail almost to my ass, I kind of like the freedoms guaranteed to me by The Constitution being enforced by somebody.

Kudos! :thup:
My dad also had a midlife crisis and grew his hair long in an attempt to be something he is not.

Funny stuff. You buy a Harley too?

In the hood they keep the afro-sheen behind a counter and it has to be asked for. :eek:

It the same with the Newport cigarettes.

At the Family Dollar in the hood that I have shopped at, the public address system plays a recording constantly advising shoppers that shoplifting is strictly prohibited.

Well I don't know what your training taught you, but in martial arts, you are trained to fight from any position under any circumstance. That's not to say you won't end up with a scratch on you, but at least your attacker won't end up getting the best of you either.

In the system I was trained in, we stepped into the opponent, not away from. While there was never any moves to defend yourself from somebody grabbing your pony tail (I never had one) the first thing I would do is step back into the attacker until I was close enough to make a move. That would either be grabbing his groin and puling upwards, or a hard upper elbow to the bottom of his mouth, or if possible, both in one move.

Ray...in the scenario I was describing the guy has pulled your head forward and down to your waist with one hand and punching with the other, giving you both knees...you can't straighten up, you can't move into him...you're screwed. And btw, don't question what my training taught me again....I have more rank and experience than you ever dreamed of.

In the system I was trained in, we stepped into the opponent, not away from. While there was never any moves to defend yourself from somebody grabbing your pony tail (I never had one) the first thing I would do is step back into the attacker until I was close enough to make a move. That would either be grabbing his groin and puling upwards, or a hard upper elbow to the bottom of his mouth, or if possible, both in one move.

Ray...in the scenario I was describing the guy has pulled your head forward and down to your waist with one hand and punching with the other, giving you both knees...you can't straighten up, you can't move into him...you're screwed. And btw, don't question what my training taught me again....I have more rank and experience than you ever dreamed of.

Where do you see a question mark in my last post?

I must not understand your scenario. Because unless somebody snuck up behind you and grabbed your pony tail, then you are in range of the centerline of his body.

Forum List

Back