Proof gun nuts are nuts

He wasn't forcing people to buy them. Just offering them for people who want them. They could greatly reduce deaths of children who get hold of their parents gun.

First of all, do you really think parents who store a loaded gun where a child can get it would buy this "safe gun" in the first place?

And second of all, if they buy this and store it where the kid can get it, where do you think they will put the bracelet? In a locked box? Or with the gun?

Do you really think bullies should determine whether this product is available? I don't think so.

If the guy folds after an online threat and a few hateful emails, he wasn't particularly interested in selling them anyway.

First of all, do you really think parents who store a loaded gun where a child can get it would buy this "safe gun" in the first place?

And second of all, if they buy this and store it where the kid can get it, where do you think they will put the bracelet? In a locked box? Or with the gun?

Do you really think bullies should determine whether this product is available? I don't think so.

If the guy folds after an online threat and a few hateful emails, he wasn't particularly interested in selling them anyway.

LOL....dude that's a great avatar. Makes me wish I could get down to Alabama and have a beer with you by the water there with a fine cigar!!! One year, Im making it down to Talledega for the race and Im gonna look you up. Sit around and make fun of the k00k progressives. I am committed to get to that racetrack one year before I go in the box!!!

I guess maybe I'm going to retract on this one. It is pretty stupid to pass a law mandating something that isn't even in use.

Hell, I agree with the guy...I think smart guns are a great idea.

Unfortunately, the New Jersey legislature and Chris Christie have royally screwed the pooch, tainting this product likely forever.

Just another in the long list of reasons Chris Christie should NEVER EVER EVER be considered as the Republican nominee for president.

I agree it seems like a good idea. But to mandate it before it has been out there and tested is pretty foolish. What if it doesn't work? Such a mandate will no doubt slow it's introduction to the US more than it will help. So while I initially thought this was just bullying I have to instead agree with you.

We may not agree on much when it comes to firearms, but there is no doubt you are a Grade A, top drawer, first class, upstanding person Brain. :thup:

Last edited:
Hell, I agree with the guy...I think smart guns are a great idea.

Unfortunately, the New Jersey legislature and Chris Christie have royally screwed the pooch, tainting this product likely forever.

Just another in the long list of reasons Chris Christie should NEVER EVER EVER be considered as the Republican nominee for president.

I agree it seems like a good idea. But to mandate it before it has been out there and tested is pretty foolish. What if it doesn't work? Such a mandate will no doubt slow it's introduction to the US more than it will help. So while I initially thought this was just bullying I have to instead agree with you.

We may not agree on much when it comes to firearms, but there is no doubt you are a Grade A, top drawer, first class, upstanding person Brain. :thup:

Thanks. We don't agree too much on firearms, but you have always seemed like somebody I could have a beer with. :beer:

You didn't hear about a mass shooting because a good guy with a gun stopped it.

Disgruntled Employee Starts Shooting at Construction Site But the Boss with CCW Permit Returned Fire

happens all the time

Authorities arrested a teen linked to the botched robbery at a Pharr smoke shop, and released the identity of the suspect that was killed during the incident.

The Pharr Police Department told Action 4 News police arrested a 16-year-old male from Donna.

Authorities charged the 16-year-old with murder since he was involved with the aggravated robbery that led to the death of 18-year-old Julio Cesar Perez from Edinburg.

The 16-year-old is now at the Hidalgo County Juvenile Detention Center.

His identity has not been released at this time.

Pharr police said Perez, the 16-year-old and another suspect attempted to rob Deuce’s Smoke Shop in Pharr early Monday morning.

Three suspects stormed the shop wearing hoodies and when the three gunmen walked in, they shouted "hands up!"

The owner of the smoke shop told Action 4 News that he feared for his life especially when he saw three armed suspects walk through the front door.

Investigators said the owner, who feared for his life, reached for his gun and fatally shot 18-year-old Perez.

Teen accomplice charged with murder in smoke shop robbery : News : ValleyCentral.com

Nothing nuts about it...the citizens of New Jersey don't want to be forced to buy or own these guns.

Blame the New Jersey legislature.

Because they are safer? That makes a lot of sense.

They were protesting the gun - because of the law some NJ congressmen wanted to enact, this is why they were protesting.

New Jersey law mandating that all handguns in the state be personalized within three years of a smart gun going on sale anywhere in the U.S.

Because they did not want it to come to that idiotic law. However, if they guy wants to sell a gun to someone who wishes to purchase it they sure as hell should be allowed to do so.

I have several biometric safes and other items, they do not work correctly all the time, and sometimes act up, which would slow me down. I believe the bracelet seems like it may cause issues when needed in an emergency.

Video here:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-auX26P7Xbg]Armatix smart gun IP1 Smart System - YouTube[/ame]

One, the bracelet can be torn off, two, it looks like you have to program the damn thing before each use. Do you click all those buttons as someone is rushing you? I may be wrong but that is what it looks like.

I also found it interesting, the first video released by the German safe gun shows a mistake. The man was able to dry fire the gun, even with his wrist band off, where the trigger should not be able to fire at all. The company removed the video, there were plenty of stories about it afterwards.

Perhaps a biometric system on the gun, but it would have to be totally failsafe. The issue with biometrics are, if you cut your programmed finger, and or work with your hands and get callous on the fingertip, the biometrics won't read since it can't read the callous and or cut, it misreads your print, a manual input in necessary many times. I've had it happen as well as those I know.

CaféAuLait;9039313 said:
Nothing nuts about it...the citizens of New Jersey don't want to be forced to buy or own these guns.

Blame the New Jersey legislature.

Because they are safer? That makes a lot of sense.

They were protesting the gun - because of the law some NJ congressmen wanted to enact, this is why they were protesting.

New Jersey law mandating that all handguns in the state be personalized within three years of a smart gun going on sale anywhere in the U.S.

Because they did not want it to come to that idiotic law. However, if they guy wants to sell a gun to someone who wishes to purchase it they sure as hell should be allowed to do so.

I have several biometric safes and other items, they do not work correctly all the time, and sometimes act up, which would slow me down. I believe the bracelet seems like it may cause issues when needed in an emergency.

Video here:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-auX26P7Xbg]Armatix smart gun IP1 Smart System - YouTube[/ame]

One, the bracelet can be torn off, two, it looks like you have to program the damn thing before each use. Do you click all those buttons as someone is rushing you? I may be wrong but that is what it looks like.

I also found it interesting, the first video released by the German safe gun shows a mistake. The man was able to dry fire the gun, even with his wrist band off, where the trigger should not be able to fire at all. The company removed the video, there were plenty of stories about it afterwards.

Perhaps a biometric system on the gun, but it would have to be totally failsafe. The issue with biometrics are, if you cut your programmed finger, and or work with your hands and get callous on the fingertip, the biometrics won't read since it can't read the callous and or cut, it misreads your print, a manual input in necessary many times. I've had it happen as well as those I know.

nothing more then novelty

certainly not a weapon for self defense

Threatening this guy for wanting to sell a safer gun? Very sad.
Maryland gun dealer drops plans to sell 'smart gun' after backlash | Fox News

Just out of curiosity, what's your definition of a "gun nut" ?

Well it's not all gun owners. It's definitely the people who support that guy in MN who executed the two kids that broke into his house. It's also definitely anyone who supports the guy who set the trap in his garage and shot the intruder.

Forum List

Back