🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Prostate Awareness

Had I known last month was prostate cancer awareness month, you bet your ass I would be supporting it. Prostate cancer took my dad 3 years ago.

Why didn't you know?
Prostate cancer took your dad 3 years ago, why didn't you know about prostate cancer awareness month?
Could it be that the media and government ignores it?

:rofl:

I wish I could rep you for that. :thup:

124947_319903.gif

It's not too late, post them if ya got them.

:cool:

I wish I could rep you for that!

I like my thanks upfront and out in the open :)

I am finding a lot of good avies for the cause :cool:

Mostly, yes, but your refusal to support BCAM is in part, tacit refusal to support cancer awareness, period. I'm for funding all cancer research. My mom died of colon cancer, Dad, prostate cancer, my maternal grandfather lung cancer and I smoke. Curing breast cancer may very well lead to a cure for all cancers. I think if you're so gung ho about prostate cancer, a pink avi this month and a mental note to go all out next September would be the right thing to do.

You also assume that anyone even knows that there is a prostrate awareness month.

speaking for myself...i did not know.

so again...i saw nothing about it last month... I saw no thread from you trying to make anyone more aware of the issue.
Of course you didn't know (and neither did anybody else) because it isn't promoted by the media or government like Breast Cancer Awareness is. That is kinda my point. The media is damn sure talking about BCA this month, but where were their mouths last month when it was PCA?

i am not talking about the media... i am speaking specifically about ....here... this forum..

if you felt it was so important to highlight awareness... then it was up to you to do something about it... not just harp about one thing being promoted better then others.

You had the exact means at your disposal as i did to promote awareness for prostate cancer.... did you? Did alf?

i don't care what the government promotes or does not promote. I promoted this pinking...not the government.

C'mon, syrenn, be intellectually honest, you know it and I know it. The media ignored prostate cancer awareness last month and is promoting the heck out of breast cancer awareness this month.
You admitted you knew nothing about prostate awareness month. That's not because you are clueless, out of tune or foolish. It is because it is ignored by the same people that make sure you know about breast cancer awareness.

Had I known last month was prostate cancer awareness month, you bet your ass I would be supporting it. Prostate cancer took my dad 3 years ago.

Why didn't you know?
Prostate cancer took your dad 3 years ago, why didn't you know about prostate cancer awareness month?
Could it be that the media and government ignores it?

Does the media and government ignore it?

Or - do men NOT push it?

Breast cancer became an issue because women pushed to bring it into public awareness - prior, it was a humiliating shameful illness - most cancer was kept confidential, female ones even more so and I suspect male ones too.

Do men not push it and, if so - is it a cultural "toughness" doctrine that men can't show themselves as vulnerable? An assault on one's maleness? Involves a treatment that can be very hard emotionally?

I think it's easy to say it's ignored by media and government - but it's not "ignored" - it lacks spokespeople to push it.

Of course you didn't know (and neither did anybody else) because it isn't promoted by the media or government like Breast Cancer Awareness is. That is kinda my point. The media is damn sure talking about BCA this month, but where were their mouths last month when it was PCA?

i am not talking about the media... i am speaking specifically about ....here... this forum..

if you felt it was so important to highlight awareness... then it was up to you to do something about it... not just harp about one thing being promoted better then others.

You had the exact means at your disposal as i did to promote awareness for prostate cancer.... did you? Did alf?

i don't care what the government promotes or does not promote. I promoted this pinking...not the government.

C'mon, syrenn, be intellectually honest, you know it and I know it. The media ignored prostate cancer awareness last month and is promoting the heck out of breast cancer awareness this month.
You admitted you knew nothing about prostate awareness month. That's not because you are clueless, out of tune or foolish. It is because it is ignored by the same people that make sure you know about breast cancer awareness.

The media promotes it because many innovative people have gotten together to promote advocacy for it. THEY WORK TIRELESSLY, to get high profile people and groups behind the cause.

Admire it and copy it.

people become "aware" of causes that touch them... it has nothing to do with the government or media "telling" them what to be aware of.

for example.....

elizebeth taylor didn't give a fuck about aids until her best buds started dying form it.... then she was all over it.

michael j fox didn't give a rats ass about Parkinson's until he was diagnosed with it.

christopher reeve didn't care one damn bit about spinal cord injury until it effected him personally

Marc Klaas didn't care about finding missing children until it was HIS daughter that was missing.

It is not the government or the media that starts the ball rolling, it is the individual whos lives are touched that make others aware.

You want people to be a ware of prostate cancer... then you do what you can to make others aware and stop whining about what the government and media aren't doing.

Think what you could have done here.... this one place... this handful of people... and you didn't. What you did do was jump on something highlighted breast cancer awareness...

So don't piss all over my pink....just becasue no one else said anything about other causes. Feel free.... do what you can. It is not up to us.... it is up to you. If you want to boost awareness about something... then do it.

people become "aware" of causes that touch them... it has nothing to do with the government or media "telling" them what to be aware of.

for example.....

elizebeth taylor didn't give a fuck about aids until her best buds started dying form it.... then she was all over it.

michael j fox didn't give a rats ass about Parkinson's until he was diagnosed with it.

christopher reeve didn't care one damn bit about spinal cord injury until it effected him personally

Marc Klaas didn't care about finding missing children until it was HIS daughter that was missing.

It is not the government or the media that starts the ball rolling, it is the individual whos lives are touched that make others aware.

You want people to be a ware of prostate cancer... then you do what you can to make others aware and stop whining about what the government and media aren't doing.

Think what you could have done here.... this one place... this handful of people... and you didn't. What you did do was jump on something highlighted breast cancer awareness...

So don't piss all over my pink....just becasue no one else said anything about other causes. Feel free.... do what you can. It is not up to us.... it is up to you. If you want to boost awareness about something... then do it.
Must spread... Dammit. Great post!

Forum List

Back