Protesters block 110 Freeway in downtown L.A. demanding cease-fire in Gaza

It should be legal, in that situation, to simply run over anyone stupid enough to be playing on the freeway. And to sue the estates thereof for any damage that is done to one's car in the course of running them over.

That endorses the current concept that the police are supposed to let them get away with this.

Arrest them right on the spot. and hold them. then convict them. then jail/fine them.

That endorses the current concept that the police are supposed to let them get away with this.

Arrest them right on the spot. and hold them. then convict them. then jail/fine them.
My question is why did it take over an hour before the Police showed up? I'm sorry but ten minutes after a main highway was being blocked by protesters there should have been a school bus there and enough Police to arrest everyone and put them on that bus.

My question is why did it take over an hour before the Police showed up? I'm sorry but ten minutes after a main highway was being blocked by protesters there should have been a school bus there and enough Police to arrest everyone and put them on that bus.

Because we don't make civil disobedience cost anything anymore. The whole point of it is TO GET ARRESTED.

The issue is now the protesters aren't protesting direct laws such as segregation laws, but "grand concepts"

The actual civil disobedience thing is to break the laws you see as unjust, get arrested, pay the fine/spend your time in jail, and then go out and DO IT AGAIN, until people realize the law is unjust.

Because we don't make civil disobedience cost anything anymore. The whole point of it is TO GET ARRESTED.

The issue is now the protesters aren't protesting direct laws such as segregation laws, but "grand concepts"

The actual civil disobedience thing is to break the laws you see as unjust, get arrested, pay the fine/spend your time in jail, and then go out and DO IT AGAIN, until people realize the law is unjust.
Perhaps we should start to bring civil law suits against the leaders of these groups...a class action type of thing for the inconvenience that they caused those thousands of people caught in that traffic jam for hours? Something needs to be done before someone gets seriously injured. You want to protest? Do it along the highway. If you block the highway? You need to go to jail for a long time.

Perhaps we should start to bring civil law suits against the leaders of these groups...a class action type of thing for the inconvenience that they caused those thousands of people caught in that traffic jam for hours? Something needs to be done before someone gets seriously injured. You want to protest? Do it along the highway. If you block the highway? You need to go to jail for a long time.

Right now I would take go to jail at all. Usually they get taken to booking and just get a bench warrant after hours of disrupting traffic.

Right now I would take go to jail at all. Usually they get taken to booking and just get a bench warrant after hours of disrupting traffic.
Tempers will flare eventually if they aren't stopped from doing this. Somebody will run one of them over. Somebody will punch one of them out. It's just a matter of time. If you were a responsible political leader you'd nip it in the bud before that happened but this is California and they don't HAVE responsible political leaders!

Another ignorant post from the forum racist. The law has never benefitted black folks in this country.
A Black person would be a thousand times more safe walking down the street of my 99% White neighborhood at 11:00 on a Saturday night than he/she would be walking down the streets of an all Black neighborhood in some Democrat controlled shithole like say South Chicago.

A Black person would be a thousand times more safe walking down the street of my 99% White neighborhood at 11:00 on a Saturday night than he/she would be walking down the streets of an all Black neighborhood in some Democrat controlled shithole like say South Chicago.

Makes me think of something that Jesse Jackson once said…

There is nothing more painful to me at this stage in my life than to walk down the street and hear footsteps and start thinking about robbery. Then look around and see somebody white and feel relieved.... After all we have been through. Just to think we can't walk down our own streets, how humiliating.

A black man better have an Army with him if he walks up on that racist compound you live in.

Am beginning to think that your posting incompetence puts you in contention for Dimwit of the Year along with Turdy Tainted and Troll Nazi Winkle .
I will go further just to underline your stupidity :-
What Hate?
Of Whom ?
When?
How expressed ?

Rhetorical, because the one thing that would bore me rigid is one of your badly written multi page replies that veered off course before paragraph three .
Your grasp of the English language sucks.

A black man better have an Army with him if he walks up on that racist compound you live in.
You are confused about this,

A Negro would be safer at a KKK rally in Mississippi than he would be walking down the streets of any Negro ghetto neighborhood in any Democrat run shithole in America.

Here is an example

Year To Date
Shot & Killed: 556
Shot & Wounded: 2413
Total Shot: 2969
Total Homicides: 622

1702575046884.png

2023 Race of Victim/Assailant

RaceVictimAssailant
Black48052
Hispanic9019
White/Other254
As of 12/1/2

Most motorists were on their way to work.

Maybe some motorists were taking loved ones to medical appointments.

Yet a few losers were planting their rear ends on the freeway to stop cars. (Try that in most countries, and those protesters' families would be planning funerals today.)

Please please Dear God give me one old guy in a Crown Victoria on his way to his final DR. APPT for Terminal Cancer with only weeks to live. Put him near the front line where they are setting up. Gun it.....right thru all of them. Even back up and get some more. Please set it up.

So is jaywalking. Are you this simple minded?
It all depends on the authoritarian who are power hungry then isn't it? At the very least it is prudent to not trust any potential authoritarian until he/she proves different. And as a consequence, become lethargic and even part of a malaise to show displeasure towards the architects of fascism. This is what many people do at the very least in living situations the state runs roughshod on people in. Eventually the system collapses just from that. On the highway protests. It's really peasants protesting and inconveniencing mostly other peasants. At some point the protestors need to take it to the dwellings and buildings the movers and shakers are at. never forget the authoritarian who screws with you from power trips, fellow employees, and those they infect to their way of thinking in any way. And we have tens of millions and tens of millions of people more in this nation who do just that because they are getting their vengeance on anyone they can.

Forum List

Back