Puerto Rico's new governor promises referendum on statehood

You and Claudette seem to be competing for most ignorant, dumbass motherfucker about the topic at hand

No upside to continuing this current relationship with Puerto Rico. You haven't even presented one example of an upside. Puerto Rico is a drain on US resources. It should be cut loose.

They pay taxes and make U.S. companies a whole lot of money. And don't really get anything at all in return. If PR wants to keep the current relationship, they need to demand the U.S. drop their crippling regulations on trade and do something about U.S. abuse of its bonds market. Independence could be a solution, but the U.S. and Puerto Ricans have become so intertwined it's probably not possible. The Phillipines breaking off was one thing, wih their huge population and being on the complete opposite side of the planet. But Puerto Rico is completely different.

Well you should look into the tax issue a bit more. Puerto Ricans often boast about their favorable tax situation. Do you know any Puerto Ricans? But regardless, I don't wanna continue this current relationship with Puerto Rico. It should declare Independence, and go its own way.
Everyone in my family besides my generation lives in or has lived in Puerto Rico. The tax situation is great as long as you don't mind shit roads, schools, and public services.

Well, most Puerto Ricans i've talked to, enjoy boasting about their current tax situation. But regardless, you haven't presented all the upsides of continuing this relationship with Puerto Rico. You haven't convinced me it's worth it.
Good thing that doesn't matter for shit then

No upside to continuing this current relationship with Puerto Rico. You haven't even presented one example of an upside. Puerto Rico is a drain on US resources. It should be cut loose.

They pay taxes and make U.S. companies a whole lot of money. And don't really get anything at all in return. If PR wants to keep the current relationship, they need to demand the U.S. drop their crippling regulations on trade and do something about U.S. abuse of its bonds market. Independence could be a solution, but the U.S. and Puerto Ricans have become so intertwined it's probably not possible. The Phillipines breaking off was one thing, wih their huge population and being on the complete opposite side of the planet. But Puerto Rico is completely different.

Well you should look into the tax issue a bit more. Puerto Ricans often boast about their favorable tax situation. Do you know any Puerto Ricans? But regardless, I don't wanna continue this current relationship with Puerto Rico. It should declare Independence, and go its own way.
Everyone in my family besides my generation lives in or has lived in Puerto Rico. The tax situation is great as long as you don't mind shit roads, schools, and public services.

Well, most Puerto Ricans i've talked to, enjoy boasting about their current tax situation. But regardless, you haven't presented all the upsides of continuing this relationship with Puerto Rico. You haven't convinced me it's worth it.
Good thing that doesn't matter for shit then

I'm still unconvinced. Cut em loose. Movin on...

Forum List

Back