Punishment for Abortion?

I am not sure where exactly to post this.. I was thinking the healthcare forum, but this is more of a morality thing..

Assuming that abortion is made illegal.. What would the punishment be??

As often as rightwingers throw around words like murderers and baby killers.. Would you try and convict a young female for murder and then execute her for an abortion??

Is there really teeth behind your words or is it just a fear tactic??

I am curious.. :cool:

I seriously doubt abortion will ever be made illegal. There are far too many viarables, to make it anything other than a personal choice between two people. I say two because the father of the child should have rights if he's chosen to stick around and take responsibility for his part in the creation of a life.

The selfish part of me, however, thinks it should be illegal to have an abortion simply because you had a good time last week, and were too drunk to bother thinking about the possible consequences of your actions. In THAT case, I think it should be treated as any other "murder" (since that's the term you've chosen to use). The doctor performing the abortion is guilty of murder; the mother is an accomplice. Simple as that.

Age (too young) is no reason for an abortion, either. If you're old enough to have sex, you're old enough to suffer the consequences. If you're old enough to have sex, you're also old enough to take the necessary steps to get birth control. Scared of what Mommy and Daddy will say? Then you're too young for any of the above.

It all simply comes down to two words: Personoal responsibility. Our parents teach us that there are consequences for misbehaving. Why aren't they teaching us that there are consequences to trying to grow up before your time? There really are no "accidential" pregnancies, except for those wherein both parties are using a form of birth control, and it fails. In that case? Suck it up. You knew going into this that birth control is never 100% reliable - the only thing that is is complete abstinence. Raise your child.

Abortion needs to remain legal for things like rape, incest, severe medical complications that affect the lifespan of the mother and/or the child, and THOSE decisions should be left to the two people involved in the creation of said baby. It's nobody elses business.

Signed,

Right-Wing Fruitcake

You're a walking contradiction, aren't ya ;)

I agree with your views, but my bottom line - it's a personal choice - whether it's 'right' or not and whether I agree with it or not ... it still is a choice and none of anyone's business.

I do agree it's a personal responsibility and once something is a personal responsibility, it's also automatically personal choice in how the individual will deal with it and the law should not stand in the individual's access to all possible options.

I do believe that the concept of personal responsibility should be stressed much more in our schools as well as at home. Kids should be taught that one form of birth-control is not enough and abortion is not a form of birth-control but rather a last resort sort of option.

Congratulations on stepping out of the gutter. Now, if you could just argue on intellect - call me stupid if you are so inclined - instead of the childish schoolgirl insults.

You should recall that you were the first one calling people names in this thread. ;)

I call people stupid, idiot, etc. What I do not do is resort to childish personal comments that I cannot evidence. If you can't tell the difference, then you're an even bigger idiot than I thought. Not once on this or any other forum have I commented on another posters personal circumstances or looks. I consider it beneath me, and it is childish, petty and stupid. You make yourself look like a nasty bitchy little schoolgirl by such remarks.

I also based my observation on your behavior on this board. ;)

Hey typicalIdiot, still having problems with your comprehension skills. Bless your heart.

calling you a retard was not resorting to childish personal comments, was it?

No, you're welcome to have that opinion, based on what I say on this forum.

It appears, Simple Jack, as though you are the one with reading comprehension deficits. Based on what you say- it is irrefutable that you have, indeed, gone full-retard. However, while truer words were ne'er spoken, it is stilla childish personal insult. Much like calling people stupid or idiotic.

Now, let me give you a little advice on goin full-retard. Check it out. Dustin Hoffman- Rain Man. Looked retarded, acted retarded, not retarded. Count toothpicks to your cards. Autistic, sure. Not retarded. You know Tom Hanks- Forrest Gump. Slow, yes. Retarded, maybe. Braces on his legs. But he charmed the pants off Nixon and won a ping-pong competition. That aint retarded. Then there was Sean Penn in I Am Sam. He went full-retard. Left the Oscars empty-handed. You went full-retard, CaliforniaBimbo. Never go full-retard.

Quoting Kennedy doesn't impress anyone, little man. You wouldn't know 'debate' if it bit your ass.

Kennedy impresses me... You COULDN'T debate if your ass depended on it...

I said quoting Kennedy doesn't impress anyone. If you can't even read a fucking seven word sentence without misunderstanding it, why on earth would anyone take anything you say seriously?

I debate in a real debate forum - this ain't it. My point - you make vast asssumptions about me based on your own idiotic bias. Fool.

I'm sorry, I didn't realize I was leaping too far ahead for pea brains... I'll break it down for you...

I don't quote JFK to impress you or to impress anyone else. I quote JFK because he impresses me... there's the longhand version for pea brains...:lol:

"I think this is the most extraordinary collection of talent, of human knowledge, that has ever been gathered at the White House - with the possible exception of when Thomas Jefferson dined alone."
President John F. Kennedy (Speaking at a White House dinner for Nobel Prize winners, 1962)

Not a single answer to a simple question.

Not surprising.

What was the simple question, cuz I sure as hell didn't see a 'simple question'. I saw a biased, ranting flame with a couple of dumbass loaded "questions". In response, I outlined my stance on abortion - despise the utter stupidity of the OP.

What is not surprising is that you are unable to cope with that.

You forget the option number 2: maybe, just maybe, (s)he doesn't give a flying fuck about you idiotic little opinion. :lol: Wow.

No wonder you spend so much time on this message board, who in their right mind would want to hang out with such a self-absorbed little twat ... if what you write here is any measure of how you are in real life. Poor little fat American girl unappreciated ... lost ... in the crowd of that leftist European scum. British men won't probably even look at you where in American you were the star in every redneck pub ... this is probably your only outlet and your desperation and frustration shows. It shows a lot.

You should recall that you were the first one calling people names in this thread. ;)

I call people stupid, idiot, etc. What I do not do is resort to childish personal comments that I cannot evidence. If you can't tell the difference, then you're an even bigger idiot than I thought. Not once on this or any other forum have I commented on another posters personal circumstances or looks. I consider it beneath me, and it is childish, petty and stupid. You make yourself look like a nasty bitchy little schoolgirl by such remarks.

I also based my observation on your behavior on this board. ;)

Liar. :eusa_liar:

You made personal comments about me, not my opinions or my intellect but the physical person. That's not based on my behavior - it was just nasty, bitchy schoolgirl behavior.

You can't dig yourself out of it. You made the remarks - stand by them. Or, be courageous and admit you got personal and apologize.

I am not sure where exactly to post this.. I was thinking the healthcare forum, but this is more of a morality thing..

As often as rightwingers throw around words like murderers and baby killers.. Would you try and convict a young female for murder and then execute her for an abortion??

shave there heads and write whore on their foreheads then parade them through the town square and lock them in shackles.. if the fetus is recovered tie the fetus around their necks for 7 days and 7 nights ( a chicken gizzard can be used if no fetus is available)...then release them and tell them..go forth and sin no more

That sounds like a good idea, as long as we do not tie their tubes.

Forced sterilization would be a violation of their rights.

Wow... I started this thread lastnight and it is up to 6 pages... I haven't read them all yet, but I will..

I am responding to the question about my motives.. Actually my motive was to make a point.. Do right wingers actually consider the consequenceses of their views and words??

Right wingers love to come onto forums and write big signs calling liberals every name in the book depending on the issue.. For abortion it is murderer, baby killer, ect. ect..

Using the reference to murderer.. I am guessing that you would consider a 16 year old woman a murderer if she got an abortion.. Since we have established that view.. Would you try her as an adult and convict her for murder and seek the death penalty??

I have seen a few answers.. I am just not sure if they are serious or sarcasm.. I will have to read more and get back to you..

My motives were not to flame anyone.. It was to ask a question and provoke some thought on all sides.. Abortion is a big issue in our society..

I would have suggested you post this in the flame zone - because that it what it is. It is not a serious attempt to debate abortion. It is a rather pathetic attempt to enflame.

Why is it that everytime someone raises a question such as this on a message board people come out and attack them as if they are trying to inflame others?

I find it saddening that whenever someone brings up a question like this about abortion or religion and they have a different point of view than others, they are immediately attacked as not trying to have a legitimate discussion, but rather they are simply attempting to piss people off.

Regardless of MajikMyst's motives for the question, this is a decent start to a thread. Let it go.

Immie

Yea, opening with a statement about executing young girls for aborting babies is most definitely a way to start a real debate on abortion.

I find it sad that, instead of actually trying to start a REASONED debate on abortion - the OP chose instead to start with the same old left wing mantra instead of any real thought.

Your right!! It is inflamitory!! But it is using your own terms against you.. You right wingers set the standard for that the second you call a liberal or anyone for that matter a baby killer or a murderer.. Cause you are also calling that teenager that just got an abortion a baby killer and a murderer.. If you can't take your own terms used towards you then perhaps you need to rethink your stradegy on expressing your point..

And this debate is not about abortion.. This debate is about what punishment would be used against people that get an abortion or perform an abortion.. Remember.. In this thread.. Abortion is illegal.. The issue has been settled.. Roe. Vs. Wade, has been over turned by a Supreme Court ruling.. Now we need to talk about law enforcement..

Why is it that everytime someone raises a question such as this on a message board people come out and attack them as if they are trying to inflame others?

I find it saddening that whenever someone brings up a question like this about abortion or religion and they have a different point of view than others, they are immediately attacked as not trying to have a legitimate discussion, but rather they are simply attempting to piss people off.

Regardless of MajikMyst's motives for the question, this is a decent start to a thread. Let it go.

Immie

Yea, opening with a statement about executing young girls for aborting babies is most definitely a way to start a real debate on abortion.

I find it sad that, instead of actually trying to start a REASONED debate on abortion - the OP chose instead to start with the same old left wing mantra instead of any real thought.

Your right!! It is inflamitory!! But it is using your own terms against you.. You right wingers set the standard for that the second you call a liberal or anyone for that matter a baby killer or a murderer.. Cause you are also calling that teenager that just got an abortion a baby killer and a murderer.. If you can't take your own terms used towards you then perhaps you need to rethink your stradegy on expressing your point..

And this debate is not about abortion.. This debate is about what punishment would be used against people that get an abortion or perform an abortion.. Remember.. In this thread.. Abortion is illegal.. The issue has been settled.. Roe. Vs. Wade, has been over turned by a Supreme Court ruling.. Now we need to talk about law enforcement..

You right wingers? You would not be using that in an inflammatory manner would you?

Were you addressing me as well in that quote? Seeing as how I was basically on your side.

Back to the subject... overturning Roe in the manner you suggest i.e. complete and utter criminalization of abortion would be the wrong thing to do. It would not end abortion. It would send abortion underground and possibly make it dangerous again although with drugs like RU-486, I think that is highly unlikely for the most part.

If the USA did make abortion illegal, then I would think that any doctor found performing an abortion or causing one in any manner should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

We do not have to agree with a law. We do, however, have to obey the law. For instance, I have a lead foot. I typically drive 5-10 mph above the speed limit. Every time I enter a vehicle, I should be ticketed. I should suffer the consequences. I know the consequences and for this minor infraction, I am willing to risk the penalty. If the penalty were too severe, I would watch my speed. The same goes for criminalized abortion. Either make the penalty severe enough to prevent abortions from happening or you have a law without any teeth. Call abortion murder (first or second degree) or manslaughter or what have you, but if it were to be made illegal then the penalty for abortion would need to be severe enough to prevent it.

I don't foresee that happening nor would I care to see it happen. I would rather see this country see value in human life again. I would rather see this country revere human life, respect it and teach values of personal responsibility to our children. I don't see that happening either since today parents are afraid of swatting their children on the butt because doing so will land them in jail for assault/child abuse and cause them to lose their children to the courts possibly for good.

Immie

Last edited:
For me, there is no difference between a 12 week fetus being aborted or a 12 week birthed baby being killed. They are both the taking innocent human life. I know many people have their 'line' as to where life begins -- heartbeat; feeling pain; brainwaves. I believe that life begins at conception. Once that sperm and that egg do the dance, life begins. Since humans birth humans . . . well, so far no one has been able to convince me that what grows inside a pregnant woman isn't human life. When you have an abortion you destroy (kill, murder, call it what you will) that innocent human life.

In answer to the OP, what would the punishment be for someone who murdered a 12 week old birthed baby? Then that's the punishment I would apply to someone who murdered a fetus. Both the one who performed the abortion and the mother would be held accountable.

Last edited:

Immie

I have never in my life called a liberal or anyone a baby killer or a murderer so go fuck yourself, you stupid arrogant whining liberal.

I said, from the outset, that it was a fucking stupid OP. And I stand by that - it was fucking stupid and it remains so.

I have never in my life called a liberal or anyone a baby killer or a murderer so go fuck yourself, you stupid arrogant whining liberal.

I said, from the outset, that it was a fucking stupid OP. And I stand by that - it was fucking stupid and it remains so.

Yet, more than 1/4 of the total posts to this thread are just from you alone. That's an amazing amount of attention to give something you consider so stupid...

Stupid is as stupid does.

For me, there is no difference between a 12 week fetus being aborted or a 12 week birthed baby being killed. They are both the taking innocent human life. I know many people have their 'line' as to where life begins -- heartbeat; feeling pain; brainwaves. I believe that life begins at conception. Once that sperm and that egg do the dance, life begins. Since humans birth humans . . . well, so far no one has been able to convince me that what grows inside a pregnant woman isn't human life. When you have an abortion you destroy (kill, murder, call it what you will) that innocent human life.

In answer to the OP, what would the punishment be for someone who murdered a 12 week old birthed baby? Then that's the punishment I would apply to someone who murdered a fetus. Both the one who performed the abortion and the mother would be held accountable.

Ok, so according to your 'logic' when a raped woman that also has the terrible misfortune of becoming pregnant decides to get rid of the zygote, she should be punished for the crime of murder. Or a girl raped by her father/brother/uncle. Or a fourteen year old that decides with her mother that she simply can't carry the child to term and decides to take the easy way out. Or a 25-year-old girl that gets pregnant by a boy she just met. All of these women/girls are murderers and should be treated as such. Wow. That sounds more like perversion of justice if I've ever heard of one.

Maybe I should tell my mother that got an abortion right before she applied for divorce from my abusive alcoholic father or my friend who got pregnant while on the pill with a boy she just met... or the 18-year old girl that one day confided in me - that they are nothing short of murderers. Those terrible immoral empty shells of human beings!

Zoom, come on - justify, explain. I'm a-waitin'.

If a man (or women) beats up a pregnant women and kills the unborn baby, then he is charged with murder (the degree depends on the pre-planning and intent to kill). I assume if abortion was made illegal the charge would be some degree of murder.

I remember a shitstorm of news when Dr Tiller was charged with 19 counts of murder. Nary a word about going after the girls. Even if abortion became illegal (which it won't) I would suspect they'd go after the abortionists. How did it work pre-Roe?

Now we're cooking. I submit to you ladies and gentleman that that is the true face of the anti-abortion movement. Put women in prison for murder.

yea like the gov's gonna waste money for that, they're talking of letting prisoners out to save money.

If a man (or women) beats up a pregnant women and kills the unborn baby, then he is charged with murder (the degree depends on the pre-planning and intent to kill). I assume if abortion was made illegal the charge would be some degree of murder.

I never asked what the charge would be.. What would the punishment be..

Is it fair to say then you would seek the death penalty on a teenager that gets an abortion?

I never said you did call anyone anything.. Why would you assume I did?? But the reality is that some right wingers have and do call pro-choice people baby killers and murderers.. I am sure we could all dig up thousands of such signs from pro-life protestors on the internet..

What is really stupid is the fact that you have yet to answer a very simple question..

What should the punishment be for abortion if it were made illegal??

Just answer the question and provide a basic explination as to why you have that opinion?

Are you affraid of what your answer might be? Are you affraid of being made to look more like a fool?? Your posts in this thread have already done a good job of that.. You avoid the question at all costs calling it stupid and a flame post?? I used the terms used by pro-life people.. If you don't like those terms then maybe you can be the first pro-lifer that can change them.. You can set an example of intelligence and logic..

Bottom line is this.. My question is valid.. It just happens to be something that most pro-lifers don't think about.. They want abortion banned, but don't give a thought as to how to enforce it and what the punishment would be.. That is the problem with most right wingers.. They don't think passed their noses..

So.. Here it is California Girl.. Now is your chance to shine and show us some intelligence.. Time to think passed your nose for once.. Time to consider the ramifications of your beliefs and views..

What should the punishment be for an abortion?

Forum List

Back