Putin Caves: Calls Obama to discuss U.S. proposal on Ukraine

:lol:

original.jpg

Last edited:
Drudge earlier today had a headline that Obama was imploring Putin to move back troops.

Um..

(Reuters) - Russian President Vladimir Putin called U.S. President Barack Obama on Friday to discuss a U.S. diplomatic proposal for Ukraine and Obama told him that Russia must pull back its troops and not move deeper into Ukraine, the White House said.

It was believed to have been the first direct conversation between Obama and Putin since the United States and its European allies began imposing sanctions on Putin's inner circle and threatened to penalize key sectors of Russia's economy.

Russia's reinforcement of troops near Ukraine has brought the total forces there to as many as 40,000, U.S. officials estimated on Friday in a build up that has increasingly worried Washington in recent days.

The White House noted specifically that it was Putin who called Obama, who is ending a four-nation trip in Saudi Arabia and had just returned to his Riyadh hotel after talks with King Abdullah.

Putin called to discuss a U.S. proposal for a diplomatic resolution to the Ukraine crisis, which Secretary of State John Kerry again presented to Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov at a meeting at The Hague earlier this week

Russia's Putin calls Obama to discuss U.S. proposal on Ukraine: White House | Reuters

Hmm..did Pooty poot call Bushie after the Georgian invasion?

:lol:

I just called to say I'm sorry!

russias-putin-calls-obama-discuss-u-proposal-ukraine-212358384

RIYADH (Reuters) - Russian President Vladimir Putin called U.S. President Barack Obama on Friday to discuss a U.S. diplomatic proposal for Ukraine, the White House said.

Your link doesn't work.

Obama lied about what the Pope and he discussed.

I don't trust a God Damned thing he or his media produces.

You mad bro?

You're hero, Putin, is engaged in another big fat fail.

:D

jugears apologist remind me of the buzz driving commercial.

obama's capitulation really isn't appeasement it's buzz driving

So let me get this right. Kerry presented a proposal for a diplomatic solution earlier in the week and Putin responded to the suggestions.

But Putin is caving? Responding to a US proposal is caving? OMG you people are really jumping the shark here.

:lmao:

Putin called to discuss a U.S. proposal for a diplomatic resolution to the Ukraine crisis, which Secretary of State John Kerry again presented to Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov at a meeting at The Hague earlier this week

I can see the Libs proclaiming another outstanding achievement for Obama...

While I think this thread is a joke and that the media twists things (Obama was the one who kept trying to reach out to Putin and not the other way around as this thread suggests) I do not expect any neocons and tea baggers Obama's critics on this thread any time soon.

So let me get this right. Kerry presented a proposal for a diplomatic solution earlier in the week and Putin responded to the suggestions.

But Putin is caving? Responding to a US proposal is caving? OMG you people are really jumping the shark here.

Yeah..you see that is how it works.

It's called diplomacy.

You give your opponent an "out" as opposed to bombing them to smithereens.

And given the fact that doing that would end all life on earth?

If this works out? It's a win.

Your link doesn't work.

Obama lied about what the Pope and he discussed.

I don't trust a God Damned thing he or his media produces.

You mad bro?

You're hero, Putin, is engaged in another big fat fail.

What are you talking about. Your own link to Reuters says Putin was responding to kERRY'S proposal. Putin isn't rude. Of course he'd respond. He's asked for a diplomatic solution from the get go while Obama, Harper and Cameron have been strutting like banty roosters,

Why, yes it is caving. Obama was running all over the world being very presidential while Putin was talking to... India. Pootin doesn't like that.

Putin puts 40 , 000 on the border. obama sends MREs. And obama wins? In what alternate universe is this obama wins? obama has been begging. Putin might have called to tell obama to stop bothering him.

More than likely though, what Putin did say was that he is forced to take additional steps to protect the oil pipelines from sabotage.

Forum List

Back