Putin's reaction on shooting down Russian plane by Turkey

If it had been one of OUR jets, we would expect a significant response. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I side with Russia on this one.

Oh Russia will respond, count on it
How exactly? Turkey is a NATO member. We have assets in Turkey. If they retaliate, our F15C models will be in the fight. And I have seen Russian aircraft. They can't compete and we would wipe them out of the sky. I doubt any Russian pilot would willing go against an F15, we have 80x the training their pilots do, with reliable systems. They would try to launch 8 aircraft per day but only 1 or 2 would make the sortie. We would launch every single one of ours with limited equipment for repairs. Nope Russia is not going to do anything but saber rattle.

Wednesday, Nov 25th 2015 9PM 5°C 12AM 5°C 5-Day Forecast
HomeTop

Putin moves anti-aircraft missile system to Turkish border after accusing the country's officials of 'deliberately provoking' Russia by shooting down their fighter jet
  • Tensions high since Turkish army shot down Russian jet on Syrian border
  • Russian Foreign Secretary Sergey Lavrov called it 'planned provocation'
  • Putin has moved his highly advanced S-400 anti-aircraft system into Syria
  • Also claimed ISIS was trading human organs on black markets in Turkey
  • President of Turkey says country does not want any escalation with Russia
  • Turkey has now claimed it had no idea the downed airplane was Russian
  • See more of the latest news updates on the downed Russian jet
By JULIAN ROBINSON and SARA MALM and WILL STEWART FOR MAILONLINE

PUBLISHED: 16:50, 25 November 2015 | UPDATED: 21:08, 25 November 2015

2.1kshares

View comments

Russia has moved its fearsome S-400 anti-aircraft missile system to the Turkish border with Syria as its response to the downing of its fighter jet ramps up.

It has also accused Turkey of deliberately provoking it by shooting down the aircraft, claiming it was not a 'unpremeditated act'.

World leaders have been scrambling to defuse tensions between the two countries ever since the Sukhoi SU-24 jet was downed yesterday near the Turkey-Syria border.

But despite the international community's best efforts, President Vladimir Putin has deployed his feared S-400 battalions to Latakia, Syria.

The highly advanced missile system is capable of downing aircraft 250miles away that are travelling at a height of 60,000ft - giving Putin surface-to-air capabilities over almost the entirety of the conflict.

However, in a statement released this evening, Turkey has claimed it had no idea the jet violating its airspace was Russian.

If it had been one of OUR jets, we would expect a significant response. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I side with Russia on this one.

How exactly? Turkey is a NATO member. We have assets in Turkey. If they retaliate, our F15C models will be in the fight. And I have seen Russian aircraft. They can't compete and we would wipe them out of the sky. I doubt any Russian pilot would willing go against an F15, we have 80x the training their pilots do, with reliable systems. They would try to launch 8 aircraft per day but only 1 or 2 would make the sortie. We would launch every single one of ours with limited equipment for repairs. Nope Russia is not going to do anything but saber rattle.

Russia is pounding that area as you drone on.

Being a NATO member didn't stop them supporting Isis, they do what they like and NATO lets them. They should be thrown out of NATO. And Russia has mobilised a warship and surface to air missile on the Syrian Turkish border.

HomeTop

Putin moves anti-aircraft missile system to Turkish border after accusing the country's officials of 'deliberately provoking' Russia by shooting down their fighter jet

2.1kshares

View comments

Russia has moved its fearsome S-400 anti-aircraft missile system to the Turkish border with Syria as its response to the downing of its fighter jet ramps up.

It has also accused Turkey of deliberately provoking it by shooting down the aircraft, claiming it was not a 'unpremeditated act'.

World leaders have been scrambling to defuse tensions between the two countries ever since the Sukhoi SU-24 jet was downed yesterday near the Turkey-Syria border.

But despite the international community's best efforts, President Vladimir Putin has deployed his feared S-400 battalions to Latakia, Syria.

The highly advanced missile system is capable of downing aircraft 250miles away that are travelling at a height of 60,000ft - giving Putin surface-to-air capabilities over almost the entirety of the conflict.

However, in a statement released this evening, Turkey has claimed it had no idea the jet violating its airspace was Russian.
Sorry for the mess of this post, having real trouble c&p img on iPad. Sorry.

They still won't mess with turkey again while we are there. And Assad is genocidal maniac your support of Russia when our own troops could be in harms way is astounding, are you sure you are not a member of daesh? Assad is bad and daesh is bad. Incredible how you would wish harm on our troops. Now turkey has done shady things especially to the Kurds. If Russia wants to really get into it then they have their chance.

They still won't mess with turkey again while we are there. And Assad is genocidal maniac your support of Russia when our own troops could be in harms way is astounding, are you sure you are not a member of daesh? Assad is bad and daesh is bad. Incredible how you would wish harm on our troops. Now turkey has done shady things especially to the Kurds. If Russia wants to really get into it then they have their chance.

Where did I wish harm on our troops? You're obviously another slow witted one. Now cease bothering me with your BS

Being a NATO member didn't stop them supporting Isis, they do what they like and NATO lets them. They should be thrown out of NATO. And Russia has mobilised a warship and surface to air missile on the Syrian Turkish border.
Not too worried about a boat. Saber rattling. But you are correct that turkey is not clean. Maybe because of current events they will have their hand forced to clean up their act against the Kirds and stop supporting daesh. One can only hope. that part of the world has been screwed up forever. Every one of those governments has or does promote terrorism of one group or another.

Is Russia planning to attack the US? I don't think so, that doesn't make me a traitor you moron.
That doesn't matter. You are a traitor and BIG LIAR. You are not a military family.
You are too emotional and you're making a fool of yourself. It's embarrassing to witness. Do yourself a favour and go have a nice cup of tea.

I did already but you woke me up. I support my country. That is plain and simple. Turkey has been an ally of US for a long time. Dude do your research.

Where did I wish harm on our troops? You're obviously another slow witted one. Now cease bothering me with your BS
You seem very excited for Putin to attack turkey. That would put our troops in harms way. But as I said I am not worried because we are more then capable of eliminating the threat. Want me to link the articles of our F15C models arriving in turkey?

You seem very excited for Putin to attack turkey. That would put our troops in harms way. But as I said I am not worried because we are more then capable of eliminating the threat. Want me to link the articles of our F15C models arriving in turkey?

I "seem" Because I said Russia won't sit still? Do yourself a favor, stop trying to read things that people are not saying. Nearly my entire family is military. You lose sparky. By the way I read your history, get past I'll buy into it just because you type it. You failed out of the gate

Not too worried about a boat. Saber rattling. But you are correct that turkey is not clean. Maybe because of current events they will have their hand forced to clean up their act against the Kirds and stop supporting daesh. One can only hope. that part of the world has been screwed up forever. Every one of those governments has or does promote terrorism of one group or another.

No. One has to do much more than hope. They've been doing all this stuff whilst being a member of nato. They don't belon in nato and they will hopefully never be accepted into the European. In the meantime, I don't see Russia letting this go unaddressed.

Is Russia planning to attack the US? I don't think so, that doesn't make me a traitor you moron.
That doesn't matter. You are a traitor and BIG LIAR. You are not a military family.

Sure thing buddy, because I don't think we're at war with Russia, I /must/ be lying about my military family uh huh.
I know tons of military families and some became closed friends but none are traitors or talked like you. They are pissed at Obama but when situations like this occurred they are unified 100%. From your post admiring and supporting Putin. No you do not belong to military family.

Unified with what? Supporting Isis supporters? Shame on you.

Dude..... Since you do not know single vets or an active military officers.... you don't know what you are talking about. All high fiveing.. "It's about time we show these thugs what we mean".

I bet Russia's version of teapers are calling for all out WW3 against the west now. Our conservative Putin cheerleaders probably agree with them.

The question instantly inspired by the OP was "What the hell would the American Obama haters/Putin lovers reaction be if some country shot down an American plane and Obama didn't respond immediately, within the hour, with a massive military strike involving every armed asset, weapons platform, drone, whatever moved within the area that could inflict damage, kill as many sand **********as possible and salvage American pride. Oh the wailing and gnashing of teeth if retribution wasn't instantaneously deadly and the desert drenched in blood. I could have heard the cries for impeachment up here. Funny I can't hear any cries of Putin the Pussy, Putin the muslim loving Russia hating traitor! I guess the orgasmic visions of Putin bear wrestling has rattled their brains. How long is Putin going to get away with this cowardly talk talk talk?

I "seem" Because I said Russia won't sit still? Do yourself a favor, stop trying to read things that people are not saying. Nearly my entire family is military. You lose sparky. By the way I read your history, get past I'll buy into it just because you type it. You failed out of the gate

Well you have to read between the lines when you read American journalism because it is so biased and filled with rhetoric, so it is a habit made possible by the "media".

How did I fail? I simply stated Russia will not engage turkey while the we are there, our fighters are superior. So are our pilots. While they may engage, I think Putin is smarter then that.

My history? Lol whatever that means.

Searcher44, I haven't been demanding an instantaneous response. Neither have I been asking that every military asset be deployed. Most here haven't. We are reporting events. I'm glad Putin, so far, has not acted hastily. But I don't think he will let it go, and I don't think he should. Shooting down his planes and killing his men was a total over reaction to the situation. They also attacked when the plane was facing away and leaving Turkish airspace, if it was indeed even in Turkish airspace. Not a clever move imho.

HomeTop

2.1kshares

View comments

Apparently and unfortunately you only heard about these missiles today from news media. You are ignorant.
Dude...These anti aircraft missile has long been deployed all over NATO allies. Shooting down aircraft 250 miles at 60,000 ft is nothing new. Sure they can shot down a commercial airplane but fighter planes? Nah...Look at the fighter planes they are deploying very old.

HomeTop

2.1kshares

View comments

Apparently and unfortunately you only heard about these missiles today from news media. You are ignorant.
Dude...These anti aircraft missile has long been deployed all over NATO allies. Shooting down aircraft 250 miles at 60,000 ft is nothing new. Sure they can shot down a commercial airplane but fighter planes? Nah...Look at the fighter planes they are deploying very old.

Thank you so much for your thoughtful and learned response.

The downing of a Russian warplane in Syria by Turkey appears to be a pre-planned provocation, the Russian Foreign Minister said. Ankara failed to communicate with Russia over the incident, he added.

We have serious doubts that this act was unintentional. It looks very much like a preplanned provocation,” Lavrov said, citing Turkey’s failure to maintain proper communication with Russia, the abundance of footage of the incident and other evidence.

The Russian diplomat criticized NATO for failing to express condolences to Russia over the loss of its troops lives.
Very strange statements were voiced after a NATO meeting called by the Turks, which didn’t express any regret or condolences and in effect were aimed at covering up what the Turkish Air Force did yesterday,” Lavrov said. “A similar reaction came from the European Union.

He added that even if Turkey’s words were taken on face value, its actions contradict its own position expressed in 2012, after Syria took down a Turkish military plane. At the time, then-Prime Minister Erdogan told the Turkish parliament that a short incursion into another nation’s airspace cannot justify an attack on it.

Downing of Russian Su-24 looks like a planned provocation - Lavrov

Stratford I truly believe this was a pre planned provocation.

Did you know the Turkish authorities had reporters IN FREAKING POSITION to capture this on film? And to interview rebels?

Check this out. It's solid from Reuters.

"A deputy commander of a Turkmen brigade told reporters on a trip organized by Turkish authorities that his forces had shot both pilots dead as they descended.

"Our comrades opened fire into the air and they died in the air," Alpaslan Celik said near the Syrian village of Yamadi, holding what he said was a piece of a pilot's parachute."

AND NOTE: Anadolu Agency is the state broadcaster.

"Footage from private Turkish broadcaster Haberturk TV showed the warplane going down in flames, a long plume of smoke trailing behind it as it crashed in a wooded part of an area the TV said was known by Turks as "Turkmen Mountain".

Separate footage from Turkey's Anadolu Agency showed two pilots parachuting out of the jet before it crashed."

Turkey downs Russian warplane near Syria border, Putin warns of 'serious consequences'

Forum List

Back