Qaddafi and sons leave libya

Very true, Obama is damned if he did, damned if he didn't with the people that hate him. The oil in Libya is very promising however alot depends on what kind of government rises from the ashes of Gaddafi, if its an Islamic theocracy than it will have been a bad decision to get involved, if its an actual democracy than this will be a success.

I agree, I was heartened to see the rebels continually thanking NATO for their efforts on the BBC today. Several times, different rebels spoke about NATO's support. I just hope they remember this when forming their new government.

What is funny is how very few on the left are announcing that this is a glorious day for democracy in the region.... I guess they must still be smarting over Egypt. :lol:

I'll tell you what CG 10 years ago if you told me Saddam Hussein, Gaddafi and Mubarak would be ousted from power and Bashar Assad would be on the ropes I would have never believed you in a million years, I am glad these tin pot dictators are falling I just hope the people do what is right. So far the Egyptians don't seem to be, lets see what the Libyans do.

No ending to a revolution is pretty. It's magical thinking to think that everything will immediately fall into place.

Setting up a government is a long and very hard process.

We are still working on it. :lol:

I agree, I was heartened to see the rebels continually thanking NATO for their efforts on the BBC today. Several times, different rebels spoke about NATO's support. I just hope they remember this when forming their new government.

What is funny is how very few on the left are announcing that this is a glorious day for democracy in the region.... I guess they must still be smarting over Egypt. :lol:

I'll tell you what CG 10 years ago if you told me Saddam Hussein, Gaddafi and Mubarak would be ousted from power and Bashar Assad would be on the ropes I would have never believed you in a million years, I am glad these tin pot dictators are falling I just hope the people do what is right. So far the Egyptians don't seem to be, lets see what the Libyans do.

No ending to a revolution is pretty. It's magical thinking to think that everything will immediately fall into place.

No doubt, it took this country 100 years and a civil war to find out who we were.

That kind of depends how you're defining 'we', doesn't it. The left seem to be of the opinion that it is their country to run, and the rest of us should 'STFU'. That's not 'we', idiot.

...without unnecessarily endangering American lives in the process.

Yup, NATO (with the help of the US, of course) now has a major victory under its belt (a first, by the way), and the Libyan people are now rid of Gaddafi, and no American lives were lost in the process. That's called a win-win-win situation.

Of course, conservatives are uspest (they're always upset) about it. They criticized the policy when it was started, and they were never really supported the action seeing as how the Republican led House issued a rebuke of President Barack Obama's Libya policy on June 3 by a vote of 268-145 .

House rips Obama Libya policy - CNN

But Obama was proven right, and Republicans have shown themselves to be a party that is more interested in undermining a Democrat President than they are in supporting the troops and the commander-in-chief in a time of war.

Bad form

But how do we know that what they get next won't be worse.

"The better the devil you know."

But how do we know that what they get next won't be worse.

"The better the devil you know."

That's always a concern, but Gaddafi has been running Libya like a egomanical nut case since Nixon's first year in office. This year, with the whole Arab Spring thing sweeping the ME, it was time to take him down when the opportunity presented itself. Hopefully, this will hasten Assad's (and a few others) departure.

Yay! now we get to spend billions/trillions trying to re-build it over the next 5-20 years and hope that we don't arm terrorists or put in another puppet Government that ends up killing it's people... yay!

America, fuck yeah!

Obama: Killing people in the middle east, because their lives don't matter if it can possibly give me a bump in the polls for that week!

And all the pro military nation building Democrats come out cheering! YAyayayayYAYayay WAR yayYAYaYAY!

There is no need to rebuild it , the lybian people will rebuild it with the vast oil wealth Gaddafi was stealing from them for decades.

I know some of you prefer dictatorships but I perfer democracy

Yay! now we get to spend billions/trillions trying to re-build it over the next 5-20 years and hope that we don't arm terrorists or put in another puppet Government that ends up killing it's people... yay!

America, fuck yeah!

Obama: Killing people in the middle east, because their lives don't matter if it can possibly give me a bump in the polls for that week!

And all the pro military nation building Democrats come out cheering! YAyayayayYAYayay WAR yayYAYaYAY!
You do know that everything you're mad about hasn't actualy happened.....don't you?

Yup, NATO (with the help of the US, of course) now has a major victory under its belt (a first, by the way), and the Libyan people are now rid of Gaddafi, and no American lives were lost in the process. That's called a win-win-win situation.

Of course, conservatives are uspest (they're always upset) about it. They criticized the policy when it was started, and they were never really supported the action seeing as how the Republican led House issued a rebuke of President Barack Obama's Libya policy on June 3 by a vote of 268-145 .

But Obama was proven right, and Republicans have shown themselves to be a party that is more interested in undermining a Democrat President than they are in supporting the troops and the commander-in-chief in a time of war.

Bad form

Well most of us are taking bets on when these new "free" rebels will be turning the guns that we supplied them with--on US--:lol:

Over 20 different TRIBAL groups all vowing for the power grab in Libya--spells a lot more violence in the ensuing months to come.

We really don't know who these rebels are. Been there done that before.

Bad form

I love the hypocracy.

Thank you for being such a blantant partisan party before country leftist hack job.

we bombed and killed innocent people.

But since it's a (D) in the WH, you are alllll good with murder.

vomitous puke stain

America, fuck yeah!

Well most of us are taking bets on when these new "free" rebels will be turning the guns that we supplied them with--on US--:lol:

Over 20 different TRIBAL groups all vowing for the power grab in Libya--spells a lot more violence in the ensuing months to come.

We really don't know who these rebels are. Been there done that before.

So you two disagree w/ Reagan who tried to kill that terrist (Ghaddafi)?

At first the right said that Obama wasn't doing enough in Libya.

Then it became he's doing too much.

It's now shifted to, Obama didn't do it fast enough.

I bet before the week's over it will be Obama just followed Bush's prescription, hence he didn't do anything.

[I just edited the 2nd step]

Last edited:

Then it became he didn't do anything.

I bet before the week's over it will be Obama just followed Bush's prescription, hence he didn't do anything.
Right now the thing is "it's going to go bad like things did in Iraq" thing.

Then it became he didn't do anything.

Right now the thing is "it's going to go bad like things did in Iraq" thing.

Even it does, we don't have hundreds of thousands of American Troops on the ground that will have to fight for their lives against a Libyan insurgency, the Libyans overthrew Gaddafi on their own and that makes things alot different than the case in Iraq where we just went in there and did it for them.

...without unnecessarily endangering american lives in the process.

Yup, nato (with the help of the us, of course) now has a major victory under its belt (a first, by the way), and the libyan people are now rid of gaddafi, and no american lives were lost in the process. That's called a win-win-win situation.

Of course, conservatives are uspest (they're always upset) about it. They criticized the policy when it was started, and they were never really supported the action seeing as how the republican led house issued a rebuke of president barack obama's libya policy on june 3 by a vote of 268-145 .

house rips obama libya policy - cnn

but obama was proven right, and republicans have shown themselves to be a party that is more interested in undermining a democrat president than they are in supporting the troops and the commander-in-chief in a time of war.

Bad form

well most of us are taking bets on when these new "free" rebels will be turning the guns that we supplied them with--on us--:lol:

Over 20 different tribal groups all vowing for the power grab in libya--spells a lot more violence in the ensuing months to come.

We really don't know who these rebels are. been there done that before.
fast and furious!!!

Forum List

Back