Qaddafi and sons leave libya

At first the right said that Obama wasn't doing enough in Libya.

Then it became he didn't do anything.

It's now shifted to, Obama didn't do it fast enough.

I bet before the week's over it will be Obama just followed Bush's prescription, hence he didn't do anything.
Right now the thing is "it's going to go bad like things did in Iraq" thing.

Even it does, we don't have hundreds of thousands of American Troops on the ground that will have to fight for their lives against a Libyan insurgency, the Libyans overthrew Gaddafi on their own and that makes things alot different than the case in Iraq where we just went in there and did it for them.
I know...I know....but they're saying we will.

Right now the thing is "it's going to go bad like things did in Iraq" thing.

Even it does, we don't have hundreds of thousands of American Troops on the ground that will have to fight for their lives against a Libyan insurgency, the Libyans overthrew Gaddafi on their own and that makes things alot different than the case in Iraq where we just went in there and did it for them.

I don't want American troops anywhere near Libya, injecting another element into this situation will make a combustible situation even worse.

There is no need to rebuild it , the lybian people will rebuild it with the vast oil wealth Gaddafi was stealing from them for decades.

I know some of you prefer dictatorships but I perfer democracy

Didn't "you people" predict the Libya war to last like a couple weeks and cost a million bucks or something?

Now you want people to believe we won’t play a hand (money) in re building that country just like Iraq?

LOL@u...

How's that degree you think is incredibly important but still don't have TM?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/military/170716-libyan-war-cost-skyrockets.html

Libya war costs for U.S.: $896 million so far - Checkpoint Washington - The Washington Post

At first the right said that Obama wasn't doing enough in Libya.

Then it became he's doing too much.

It's now shifted to, Obama didn't do it fast enough.

I bet before the week's over it will be Obama just followed Bush's prescription, hence he didn't do anything.

[I just edited the 2nd step]

It's sad, really.

If Obama said he was in favor of mothers being able to nurse their babies in public (discretely, of course), conservatives would scream that he was abandoning the long held American value of modesty in public places (and probably worse). If Obama said he was against mothers nursing their babies in public, conservatives would accuse Obama of not supporting women and families.

Nothing ever changes but the particular topic being demagogued.

There is no need to rebuild it , the lybian people will rebuild it with the vast oil wealth Gaddafi was stealing from them for decades.

I know some of you prefer dictatorships but I perfer democracy

Didn't "you people" predict the Libya war to last like a couple weeks and cost a million bucks or something?

Now you want people to believe we won’t play a hand (money) in re building that country just like Iraq?

LOL@u...

How's that degree you think is incredibly important but still don't have TM?

http://www.usmessageboard.com/military/170716-libyan-war-cost-skyrockets.html

Libya war costs for U.S.: $896 million so far - Checkpoint Washington - The Washington Post

if 896 million= "skyrocket", what does $3 TRILLION + for iraq =? :clap2: :lol: :cuckoo:

Last edited:

I don't want American troops anywhere near Libya, injecting another element into this situation will make a combustible situation even worse.
Exactly!....and so far....nobody has proposed we send troops there.....has anyone from our government proposed anything like that?...hope not!

Yay! now we get to spend billions/trillions trying to re-build it over the next 5-20 years and hope that we don't arm terrorists or put in another puppet Government that ends up killing it's people... yay!

America, fuck yeah!

Obama: Killing people in the middle east, because their lives don't matter if it can possibly give me a bump in the polls for that week!

And all the pro military nation building Democrats come out cheering! YAyayayayYAYayay WAR yayYAYaYAY!

Well most of us are taking bets on when these new "free" rebels will be turning the guns that we supplied them with--on US--:lol:

Over 20 different TRIBAL groups all vowing for the power grab in Libya--spells a lot more violence in the ensuing months to come.

We really don't know who these rebels are. Been there done that before.

So you two disagree w/ Reagan who tried to kill that terrist (Ghaddafi)?

Why are we talking about Reagan? Are you trying to say Obama is like Reagan, who is like Bush and that makes it all better... again? Thx for helping prove that without a doubt Obama is in fact a Neocon, along with his supporters because you can't call Reagan and Bush Neocons and then claim Obama is not when they share the same fucking policies LOL!

Hussein was "dethroned" in a matter of days...and captured not long after that.
Defeating a dictator is the easy part.
Maintaining stability so a demoicratic government can properly form is the difficult part.
We dont even know of the insurgents yet...if any.

I suggest all of us sit back and see what happens....but this time around, our brave soldiers may be following the orders of the UN....not OUR military leaders....

Infidel, Uncensored, Kissmy for starters.

Izzatrite?

Well, you are consistent with your facts - you just make up virtually everything you post, so why should this be different?
You mean you're not upset that Obama's policies resulted in the ousting of K-daff? and not one American death?

They were down with the whole shock 'n' awe thing that had over a hundred thousand ground troops sent into Iraq for nonexistent WMDs (which just so happened to result in over 4,400 American deaths). But that was a Republican president. But no American deaths with an American president as commander-in-chief? That's beyond the pale in some strange way.

So the new rule of the Democratic party... well Democratic fringe, because their base is degrading quickly just like the Republican base did under Bush (you know fracturing the party and all). Anyways, the new rule is if a Republican is elected all they have to do is run over to NATO (pretty much the US) and then attack whoever they want and never set "US" boots on the ground so that no Americans die and BAM! It's a "not war" that was worth fighting? Fuck, can we use nukes or do these new rules only allow drones and the use of other people militaries armed and directed by us?

Hussein was "dethroned" in a matter of days...and captured not long after that.
Defeating a dictator is the easy part.
Maintaining stability so a demoicratic government can properly form is the difficult part.
We dont even know of the insurgents yet...if any.

I suggest all of us sit back and see what happens....but this time around, our brave soldiers may be following the orders of the UN....not OUR military leaders....

This has been my point... Now comes the real costs.

So, as long as no Americans were killed everything is everything? Forget the international and domestic laws that were broken. Forget the breach of the UN resolution regarding libya. Forget the civilians that were killed during NATO bombings in Libya (the breach and then some). Forget the fact that it wasn't a considered or sold as a war until people stopped paying attention, it was a humanitarian crisis.

NATO did a great job at all of the above and the best you all can talk about are fucking party politics? How shocking.... :lmao:

Why are we talking about Reagan? Are you trying to say Obama is like Reagan, who is like Bush and that makes it all better... again? Thx for helping prove that without a doubt Obama is in fact a Neocon, along with his supporters because you can't call Reagan and Bush Neocons and then claim Obama is not when they share the same fucking policies LOL!

Because Reagan is deified :eusa_pray: by the right, especially Kristol (neocon) and he tried to take out Ghaddafi. Also, who said anything about neocons? This was a "joint" venture. Neocons like Bill Kristol of Fox News & founder of the PNAC generally want everything for themselves. ;) You know what the PNAC was/is?

Forum List

Back