QM and General Relativity may have finally been merged

Link sucks....Not enough original content for a legit OP....Best clean that up, dude.

Now, onto the topic....

The concept of time is three dimensional: Newtonian & Einsteinian...Quantum physics has no concept of time: it transcends what we can see, even with the most high tech instrument of measurment.

You might as well be trying to reconcile baseball with SCUBA diving.

See sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0927650524001130

Could be some very big news.

Great news! Now we can build more powerful nuclear bombs and make bigger 'splosions for next year's Fourth of July.

I like 'spolsions.

Link sucks....Not enough original content for a legit OP....Best clean that up, dude.

Now, onto the topic....

The concept of time is three dimensional: Newtonian & Einsteinian...Quantum physics has no concept of time: it transcends what we can see, even with the most high tech instrument of measurment.

You might as well be trying to reconcile baseball with SCUBA diving.
Working links in post #5 just above.

Great news! Now we can build more powerful nuclear bombs and make bigger 'splosions for next year's Fourth of July.

I like 'spolsions.
It's a trifle more profound than that. Working links in post #5, two up.

Was able to access it despite the shitty link.

My point still stands...The whole thing is a blizzard of incomprehensible equation spewing, which doesn't address the core matter that time doesn't exist in the quantum realm.

BTW, there's still not enough original content for the OP pass muster.

QM and General Relativity may have finally been merged​

The title is enough to pique anyone's interest if they know what the major physics problems are!

Whoa! If this proves out, it is the most powerful advance in physics in history.

It unifies General Relativity and Particle physics. It eliminates singularities and infinities, gets rid of dark matter and dark energy, and accounts for Hubble inflation. It predicts the fundamental particles and their masses and interactions and eliminates the extra dimensions associated with string theories.

It's not just a quantum theory of gravity, it's a true unified theory. Something physics has been looking for for 100 years.

The title is enough to pique anyone's interest if they know what the major physics problems are!
I once spent the better part of a year wading through Penrose and came away more confused than when I started.

I did not expect to get up this morning and see this!

I need to let it simmer for a while and read it again. At the moment I am completely blown away. I've been hoping for something like this for 40 years...

QM and General Relativity may have finally been merged​

I piqued mine....But, as I mentioned, when you start expressing the timeless in terms of time, you may as well be trying to claim that you've merged baseball and SCUBA diving.

Quantum physics is bizarre enough...The whole abstract looked to me like a long-winded confusing way to put a square peg in a round hole.

Forum List

Back