Quest to change Columbus Day to Indigenous Peoples Day sails ahead

Unless you are a Native American or early Viking, you are here because of Columbus: Well first of all Columbus wasn't the first European to discover America. The Viking Leif Ericsson probably found the Norris village in Newfoundland some 500 years earlier. Native Americans discovered North America about 140,000 years before Columbus was even born so he's kind of a fraud. When he's set foot on the Bahamas on October 12 1492. Columbus discovered the islands where inhabited by friendly peaceful people. He wrote in his diary that they were handsome Smart and quote they offered to share what anyone and when you ask for something they never say no. Columbus was so impressed with the hardware and of these general islanders he immediately seize their land for Spain in enslave them in the world in his brutal gold mines within only two years.
John Cabot was cooler.

1d03173de03dbc22fe94115a8a6f15bab398dc46.jpg

columbus was a vulture of the catholic church who brought disease and death
But he wasn't a dirty baby butcher abortion lover like you, guno.

On Columbus Day, support grows for Indigenous Peoples Day - CNN.com

My father once said to me about liberals, "I will never forgive them for what they did to Columbus."

And I also will never forgive.

Liberals have taken one of America's greatest heroes and turned him into a villain.

This attempt to take away Columbus' holiday is just one more effort by liberals to destroy our national heritage, take down our heroes, and take away our history.

That is why I despise and loathe liberals, who act like the Taliban and ISIS in their efforts to wipe out the past.
Columbus was not an American hero, nor did he discover America. You guys get angry when people tell the truth.

The state of Vermont and the city of Phoenix have joined the list of places that now call the second Monday in October Indigenous Peoples' Day, in a show of momentum for honoring indigenous people on the federal holiday that's named for Christopher Columbus.

Phoenix is now the largest U.S. city to recognize Indigenous Peoples' Day, according tomember station KJZZ, which says the move came on a unanimous vote. Other cities have adopted similar laws in recent years, including Seattle and Minneapolis.

The city council of Denver, which observed Indigenous Peoples' Day last year under a temporary proclamation, embraced a permanent observance this week — a development that's particularly striking because Denver is where the idea for a holiday honoring Christopher Columbus first took root.

"Colorado became the first state to observe Columbus Day as an official holiday," according to The Denver Post, "and in 1909, Denver held its first Columbus Day parade."

Denver's move comes two months after Boulder's city council declared that Indigenous Peoples' Day will be celebrated on every Columbus Day holiday.

Indigenous Peoples' Day Gains Momentum As A Replacement For Columbus Day

My father once said to me about liberals, "I will never forgive them for what they did to Columbus."

Liberals have taken one of America's greatest heroes and turned him into a villain.

This attempt to take away Columbus' holiday is just one more effort by liberals to destroy our national heritage, take down our heroes, and take away our history.

That is why I despise and loathe liberals, who act like the Taliban and ISIS in their efforts to wipe out the past.
Columbus was not an American hero, nor did he discover America. You guys get angry when people tell the truth.

Columbus was the first DOCUMENTED discoverer of land west of Europe, in the Atlantic Ocean.

Whether it was the main land that we now know as the continent of North America or some outlying islands, does not matter.

Columbus Day changing to Indigenous Peoples Day

columbus was a disease bearer of the church

Of the estimated 250,000 natives in Hispaniola, Columbus' first stop in the Americas in 1492, new infectious diseases wiped out a staggering 236,000 indigenous people by 1517 — nearly 95% of their population.

Medical records were sparse or flat out didn't exist back then, so it's difficult to say exactly where and when certain diseases emerged. But here is an inexhaustive list of 30 diseases that were believed to have either been introduced to the new world — or worsened — in the post-Columbian era, which we found in a 1992 study in the Yearbook of Physical Anthropology:

1. Smallpox

2. Measles

3. Influenza

4. Bubonic plague

5. Diphtheria

6. Typhus

7. Cholera

8. Scarlet fever

9. Chicken pox

10. Yellow fever

11. Malaria

12. Lyme disease

13. Q-fever (bacterial disease carried by cattle, sheep, and goats)

14. Leishmania (parasitic disease)

15. Whooping cough

16. African sleeping sickness (parasitic disease)

17. Filaria (parasitic disease)

18. Dengue

19. Septicemic plague (one of the three main forms of the plague)

20. Schistosomiasis (parasitic disease)

21. Anthrax

22. Botulism

23. Tetanus

24. Toxoplasmosis

25. Taeniasis (tape worms)

26. Staphylococci

27. Streptococci

28. Mycotic diseases (fungal diseases)

29. Syphilis

30. Legionellosis (bacterial disease)

Last edited:
Christopher Columbus brought a host of terrible new diseases to the New World

When Christopher Columbus crossed the Atlantic Ocean and touched down in North America in 1492, he changed the world forever. He bridged the "old" world in Europe, Africa, and Asia with the "new" world in the Americas.

But along with a new wave of settlers, he also brought with him a devastating suite of scourges.

not to mention the horrors of the cross

Christopher Columbus brought a host of terrible new diseases to the New World

Leftists worry about t he stupidest shit.....and ignore the real problems facing this nation. Ignorant loons

Columbus was the first DOCUMENTED discoverer of land west of Europe, in the Atlantic Ocean.

Whether it was the main land that we now know as the continent of North America or some outlying islands, does not matter.
The Indians discovered it and we're in America when Columbus 'discovrred'it. The Vikings beat him too it also.

The left hate America, so anything that we view as positive, they must work to destroy.

Liberals and secular humanist and the institutions (the media, the educators, the govt) that have championed their ideologies have ruined this nation. Our society has turned narcissistic, hedonist and godless. They look for reasons to play the victim and sue. They are annoying snowflakes who bitch about the slightest "offenses" in life but are glad to let this nation go to hell. This Columbus Day outrage is a perfect example of that. They cannot come to terms that colonized America has been the greatest blessing to the entire world.

They demand everyone be purely holy or they will tell the world we are evil.
What did God have to do with Columbus and his greed?

The left hate America, so anything that we view as positive, they must work to destroy.
Or how about proof that the right is right in assuming that Columbus had a damn thing to do with America..

What state did Columbus discover?

What part of Mexico did Columbus land on?

When did he sail to Nova Scotia, Canada?

Wait he did none of that so why on Earth would this country celebrate a man that did not discover a damn thing ( people were living on those Islands when he landed there )!?!

Oh and after Columbus genocide and the stealing of lands followed but who cares what the Spanish Empire ( and other Empires ) and Catholic Church did in the name of God because to you Columbus is the greatest thing since God!

Indigenous Peoples Day?

Is that a joke?

What exactly are we supposed to celebrate about a people that never evolved out of the stone age? Christ, most native Americans never evolved out of the Mesolithic era, much less the Paleolithic. Thousands of years of the rest of world had the bronze age, the iron age, when the rest of humanity was building empires and exploring the world, these people are still hunting animals with sticks and living off twigs and bark from the woods.

This is to be celebrated, this lack of evolution?

I suggest we all shit in the woods and wipe our ass with leaves in honor of this special day. Enjoy America.

I don't care what the Progs call it. It's still Columbus Day to me.

And I still say Merry Christmas, to boot.
So you are Italian-American.....what happened to not Balkanizing us?

No, I have no Italian ancestry unless some of my ancestors mated with Roman invaders.

But I appreciate History and the cultural significance of Columbus; and I do not believe we should rewrite History to conform to current pop culture ignorance.

Forum List

Back