Zone1 Question about Genesis.

Serious question: How did God create light on the first day if he didn’t create the sun, moon, and stars until the 4th day?
I've always interpretted that as God creating light the first day, and then forming the Sun, Moon and Stars out of that light the 4th day.

That makes sense if Genesis is interpretted literally, but also makes if Genesis is an allegory about the Big Bang.

Serious question: How did God create light on the first day if he didn’t create the sun, moon, and stars until the 4th day?
Friction. He spoke, His power pac, the Holy Spirit, moved through dark matter, creating friction, which causes heat/energy which creates photons packets, which is what light is..

Last edited:
The Sun and moon were placed in the heavens by God to mark the seasons and days.

He appointed the moon for seasons: the sun knoweth his going down. psalm 104:19
My son is not a believer, I doubt he is a Christian so it is not a Bible centric person that speaks. Scientifically, creation could not have happened in any other order. He explained it in detail. But the story of creation is the same no matter who is telling it.

How did they know? Someone gave the people of the time this account. How did they know?

Actually it's excellent. What's horrible is people not being very fluent in 16th century English, which was a pretty new language then, in fact.
The 16th is better English but horrible Hebrew.
Then again, Artscroll’s interpretation is also quite poor.

My son is not a believer, I doubt he is a Christian so it is not a Bible centric person that speaks. Scientifically, creation could not have happened in any other order. He explained it in detail. But the story of creation is the same no matter who is telling it.

How did they know? Someone gave the people of the time this account. How did they know?
Moses was given the account by God. And your son is right. Creation was well orchestrated by God. He made the environment first and then he places its inhabitants in it afterwards.

1 Day and night 4. sun and moon
2. Heaven and Ocean 5. birds and fish
3. Land and vegetation 6. land animals, man and woman

7. Sabbath

Last edited:
I'm fairly certain The Big Bang was pretty well lit.
Technically light didn’t exist until radiation decoupled from matter which was about 400,000 years after the universe popped into existence being hardwired to produce life and intelligence.

The Bible is in great part metaphorical, related and handed down to man in parts and not any direct eyewitness accounts.

When God said Let There Be Light, he might have been referring to the universe becoming transparent to light or light from some superluminal source long since gone. Or maybe there already were stars.

And God's saying on the fourth day about the Greater and Lesser light and the stars, he might have been referring to the lighting of the Sun and the illumination of the moon as a result, and the circumsolar nebular clouds finally getting blown away and broken up enough to start seeing the stars farther out beyond local space.
Or men were shown the beginning and the evolution of space and time and put what they saw in their own words.

Either way they knew 6,000 years before science that the universe had a beginning and that they were a product of that creation That’s not nothing.

You won't accept my answer I'm sure, but the first 2 verses of Genesis are AGES apart.

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

2 Now the earth became formless and empty,

God reveals in other places that the earth has existed for a LONG time. Angels inhabited earth before Man.

Then Satan poisoned the minds of the angels under him on earth and they WENT TO WAR with GOD!

The earth was the battleground and the war nearly destroyed the earth.

Verse 2 is speaking of the time when the Spirit of God moved to RESTORE the desolate earth in preparation for the creation of Man

So, you believe it took God thousands and thousands of years to create the earth and heavens?

Sorry. but I don't. We'll just have to disagree and rejoice in our belief in a creator.

It's a foundation myth for the Bronze Age..a fanciful
narrative. The message isn't literal or history.

God did not "create light"..........He spoke (used the Word) to declare, "Let there be light......." -- Genesis 1:3. What was this light if the stars, sun, moon and all heavenly bodies were not created until day 4? Read the gospel of John. (John 1:1-18), "In the beginning was THE WORD, and THE WORD was with God, and the Word was God......(vs. 1)" "He (the Word) was in the beginning WITH GOD (vs 2)" "All things were made through HIM (the WORD), without HIM was not anything made that was made (vs 3)." "IN HIM was life, and he was the light of men (vs 4)" "The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it (vs 5)." ESV

Reading futher........."And the WORD became FLESH and DWELT AMONG US.... (vs. 14).

Jesus is that light that is from the beginning......the WORD. ".........I am the light of the World......" -- John 8:12

Jesus was with God from the beginning as the WORD. "Who (Jesus) being in the form of God........thought it not robbery to be equal with God. But made Himself of no reputation, and took upon Himself the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men. And being found in the form of a man, He humbled Himself, and became obident to unto death, even the death of the cross." -- Phil. 2:6-8 KJV

A more modern translation describes it as ".........but.....EMPTIED HIMSELF (vs 7) ESV

Last edited:

Forum List

Back