Question about Noah.

???....no, I'm saying your posts are bullshit.....wasn't that obvious?......
Where's the evidence of a 40 day flood?
the premise that evidence is necessary is the bullshit referred to.......
So asking for evidence of the flood is bullshit? So you admit that the stories in the bible aren't true? So if you don't believe in the bible, you're probably not even a Christian. Maybe try the koran?
yes, asking for evidence of the flood is bullshit, no I don't admit the stories in the bible aren't true.....I merely point out that no one is required to prove any of it to anyone, and if you choose to disregard it, that is up to you......no one else really gives a fuck whether you want things proved to you or not.......
That's what this thread is about you fucking asswipe. So why are you here?
So you believe the stories are true without evidence? Fuck are you ever a simpleton. Please leave this thread, it's about proof of the flood story. No proof = Story not true.
no, this thread isn't about people proving things to you.....this thread is about you ridiculing things people believe......the problem is, you've been reduced to misrepresenting what people believe and ridiculing your misrepresentation.......you dismiss anyone who corrects your errors by claiming they aren't really Christians.....that's because you've got this image in your shallow little mind of what a Christian is allowed to be and say and as long as they fit into that mold you know how to ridicule them.......when anyone else says anything you either say that they aren't a Christian or you ignore what they HAVE said and claim they said something else like you just did with Merriweather.....

Of course.
Yeah, that pesky evidence (lack of), gets in the way of your YEC'ist claims to Arks and floods that never happened.
and speaking of trolling around, Hollie is back making use of the only argument she knows.....its a shame she can't find a circumstance where it's usable......
I'm just still chuckling that you have decided to grant yourself a special exemption from any questioning of your specious claims.
you mean claims like "single celled organisms evolved into multicelled organisms".......

We can understand a story the way the author meant it to be understood. When the story was written, no one was aware of the size and shape of the planet. What they did know is that as far as the eye could see, their world was covered in water. Science and details from scripture are helping people today pinpoint exactly where this great flood was--and what caused it.

Also worth remembering is how "forty days" is used throughout the Bible. It appears to be a figure of speech where the exact time is not the issue. The point is that there was a time of trial and testing--sometimes measured in days, sometimes in years. (There were days of trial and testing; there were years of trial and testing.)
Ok, I hear what you're saying, when god told Noah he was going to flood the whole earth and drown everyone except those on his skiff, god was just joking around, and he didn't really mean what he said. So the bible ISN'T the word of god?
have you ever noticed that trolling around asking stupid questions doesn't actually make you look more intelligent than everyone else trolling around asking stupid questions?........
Not talking to you douchebag. Please don't troll this thread as you have only fantasy to share.
you don't have to talk to me......you can just sit back and watch me talk to you.......
I bet there's a special Hell For Morons like you. Let's all believe that's where your going, since god can't possibly be as naive as you are.
so, do you just believe in special Hells or do you believe in all of them?.......

Of course.
Yeah, that pesky evidence (lack of), gets in the way of your YEC'ist claims to Arks and floods that never happened.
and speaking of trolling around, Hollie is back making use of the only argument she knows.....its a shame she can't find a circumstance where it's usable......
I'm just still chuckling that you have decided to grant yourself a special exemption from any questioning of your specious claims.
you mean claims like "single celled organisms evolved into multicelled organisms".......
Well, yeah. Can you identify for us how the Gawds did it?

The transition from single to multi-cellular has been studied.

Show us the peer reviewed studies for a 6,000 year old earth and dinosaurs on the Ark.

So asking for evidence of the flood is bullshit? So you admit that the stories in the bible aren't true? So if you don't believe in the bible, you're probably not even a Christian. Maybe try the koran?
yes, asking for evidence of the flood is bullshit, no I don't admit the stories in the bible aren't true.....I merely point out that no one is required to prove any of it to anyone, and if you choose to disregard it, that is up to you......no one else really gives a fuck whether you want things proved to you or not.......
So you believe the stories are true without evidence? Fuck are you ever a simpleton. Please leave this thread, it's about proof of the flood story. No proof = Story not true.
no, this thread isn't about people proving things to you.....this thread is about you ridiculing things people believe......the problem is, you've been reduced to misrepresenting what people believe and ridiculing your misrepresentation.......you dismiss anyone who corrects your errors by claiming they aren't really Christians.....that's because you've got this image in your shallow little mind of what a Christian is allowed to be and say and as long as they fit into that mold you know how to ridicule them.......when anyone else says anything you either say that they aren't a Christian or you ignore what they HAVE said and claim they said something else like you just did with Merriweather.....
If you don't think that the bible is the word of god, you're not a Christian. Go look at the OP, I'm asking for proof of the flood. You have none, we get it. Now please :anj_stfu:

It's not pertinent to anything going on in my life. Sure Christianity started out as a cult, and that changes my life how? My employer started out as a small business, is that also supposed to end my world?

Amazing the fact that the entire story is bullshit never crosses your minds.
Amazing that you assume that. Whatever happened, happened, the only difference to me is what I can get out of the story to apply in my life. I wasn't alive back then, so whatever happened back then is neat to know, but I'm only truly interested in what I can apply in my life today, things I can physically go and do. Rather or not the bible is bullshit doesn't help me keep my weight under control, get out of debt, etc, so I just don't care either way. I find parts of the bible helpful and I don't require you or anyone else to see the same things as helpful to you because, again, your life doesn't apply to mine.

How come so few of the Jews converted and they literally saw Jesus do what he do?
I have no idea. Whoever converted, converted, and whoever didn't, didn't, either way I still have two double-shifts to work this weekend so it doesn't matter; it doesn't change anything.

So our ancestors swallowed a lie and you are still swallowing it and you want us to also?
I'm not trying to recruit you. Believe whatever you want.

I didn't just hear the stories once and determine they were bullshit immediately. It took years to figure it out. Perhaps one day it'll dawn on you too.

A lie is a lie no matter how good it makes you feel or how good you think it is for you/us.

But I'm ok with you believing whatever you want to believe as long as it doesn't affect me or the society I live in. Unfortunately theists do affect me. Maybe Christian aren't as bad as ISIS but they are still bad.

And yes I know theists do a lot of good. So do atheists. In other words, god is not necessary and it is keeping you from truly understanding reality. Using ‘god’ to explain something explains nothing. God’s supposed powers and how they work are a mystery. An explanation is intended to clarify and extend knowledge. Attributing a phenomenon to the magical powers of a supernatural being does neither. Worse still, this presumption acts to prevent any deeper investigation, being little more than a form of blissful ignorance.

“I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world.” – Richard Dawkins

The god character of the Bible is a misogynistic tyrant that condones and even orders the practice of slavery, rape of women and murder of children. The moment you disagree with a single instruction of the Bible, such as the command to kill any bride who is not a virgin or any child who disrespects their parents, then you acknowledge that there exists a superior standard by which to judge moral action and thus no need to rely on an ancient, primitive and barbaric fantasy.

Ok, I hear what you're saying, when god told Noah he was going to flood the whole earth and drown everyone except those on his skiff, god was just joking around, and he didn't really mean what he said. So the bible ISN'T the word of god?

Grin. It may be quibbling, but God said he would flood the earth, not flood the whole earth. Now, had God said the 'whole earth' or 'the planet' I wouldn't be able to quibble. As it stands, I could say, "I am going to flood the earth," while picturing a particular section of dry earth in my garden. Remember, too, the Bible is God inspired, not God-written. Man wrote the Bible, and the story had to be also told with his understanding and perceptions.

Grin. It may be quibbling, but God said he would flood the earth, not flood the whole earth. Now, had God said the 'whole earth' or 'the planet' I wouldn't be able to quibble. As it stands, I could say, "I am going to flood the earth," while picturing a particular section of dry earth in my garden. Remember, too, the Bible is God inspired, not God-written. Man wrote the Bible, and the story had to be also told with his understanding and perceptions.
So the bible ISN'T the word of god, just god-inspired? So Jesus never existed?

So the bible ISN'T the word of god, just god-inspired? So Jesus never existed?

The Bible is God inspired. Jesus existed.
How do you know Jesus existed? You don't believe most of the bible, why do you believe that part? Because it gives you a warm and fuzzy feel? Any particular reason?

How do you know Jesus existed? You don't believe most of the bible, why do you believe that part? Because it gives you a warm and fuzzy feel? Any particular reason?

Ah! Because I believe the great flood covered the earth, but not the whole earth, I don't believe in the Bible? Here is another one for you, if you really want to pound nails into my coffin: I am of the opinion the Genesis story is the story of mankind, not the story of a single character. I think it more likely that Adam represented the first tribe of man, and other tribes split off from there (Cain, Abel, Seth...) I believe the Book of Job, rather than being a story about one single character, was a play (and a very popular one) that addressed bad things happening to good people. I can also see possible indications in the story of Barabbas that people in power may have traded Jesus of Nazareth for a Jesus the Romans had arrested.

In other words, the Bible doesn't tell us everything. At the time it was written, writing materials were not in plentiful supply--and most people could not read in any event. The story had to be told in such a way that it focused on highlighting the truth or lesson that the author wished to present.

So yes, my imagination (and information from science, archaeology and other sources), tends to fill in the finer details with many other possibilities. The central truths in them, however, remain constant.

Also, it is my experience that some people get warm-fuzzies from eschewing the Bible. ;)

The god character of the Bible is a misogynistic tyrant that condones and even orders the practice of slavery, rape of women and murder of children. The moment you disagree with a single instruction of the Bible, such as the command to kill any bride who is not a virgin or any child who disrespects their parents, then you acknowledge that there exists a superior standard by which to judge moral action and thus no need to rely on an ancient, primitive and barbaric fantasy.
Those commands you cite were spicific instructions to a given army, and to Isreal. I belong to neither.

The commands against same-sex relations is also a command given to Israel spicificaly. No gay has anything to worry about...unles they're a citizen of Israel.

Last edited:

“I am against religion because it teaches us to be satisfied with not understanding the world.” – Richard Dawkins
Did Richard Dawkins happen to mention why
Buddhism gave him that impression?

Buddhism is fully compatible with atheism.

Those commands you cite were spicific instructions to a given army, and to Isreal. I belong to neither.

The commands against same-sex relations is also a command given to Israel spicificaly. No gay has anything to worry about...unles they're a citizen of Israel.

Well there is a reason our society is a secular one and our laws don't completely come from the bible(s). You do get that, right?

Of course.

The transition from single to multi-cellular has been studied.
yet, never demonstrated......just a specious claim with a special exemption from the scientific method, I expect......

If you don't think that the bible is the word of god, you're not a Christian. Go look at the OP, I'm asking for proof of the flood. You have none, we get it. Now please :anj_stfu:
why would you think I don't believe the bible is the word of God?......

It's not pertinent to anything going on in my life. Sure Christianity started out as a cult, and that changes my life how? My employer started out as a small business, is that also supposed to end my world?

Amazing the fact that the entire story is bullshit never crosses your minds.
Amazing that you assume that. Whatever happened, happened, the only difference to me is what I can get out of the story to apply in my life. I wasn't alive back then, so whatever happened back then is neat to know, but I'm only truly interested in what I can apply in my life today, things I can physically go and do. Rather or not the bible is bullshit doesn't help me keep my weight under control, get out of debt, etc, so I just don't care either way. I find parts of the bible helpful and I don't require you or anyone else to see the same things as helpful to you because, again, your life doesn't apply to mine.

How come so few of the Jews converted and they literally saw Jesus do what he do?
I have no idea. Whoever converted, converted, and whoever didn't, didn't, either way I still have two double-shifts to work this weekend so it doesn't matter; it doesn't change anything.

So our ancestors swallowed a lie and you are still swallowing it and you want us to also?
I'm not trying to recruit you. Believe whatever you want.

I didn't just hear the stories once and determine they were bullshit immediately. It took years to figure it out. .
actually, you've already told us it was one night when you got drunk with your friends.....

why would you think I don't believe the bible is the word of God?......

Because it is hard to believe anyone is that stupid?

Forum List

Back