🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Question for Christians: Would you turn in your guns if ordered to by government?

Question for Christians: Would you turn in your guns if ordered to by government?​

I think I would, reluctantly. So, would you turn in your guns?

1. Why is this a "christian" issue?
  2. Should have made this a poll question.
  3. It would be illegal for the government to "order" you to turn in your legal arms.
  4. The people most apt to comply are the least likely to be a crime problem.
  5. Crime rises proportionally with the level of disarmament of its population because criminals don't obey.
  6. Gun buy backs always fail. New York tried that a few years ago and even their own police told them to go get stuffed-- they would not enforce it.

The point is that Christians are commanded by God to obey their government. I am curious if other Christian gun owners would go along with such a demand. I presume that many would not
Wrong. Christians are not always required to obey their rulers. If early Christians obeyed those in charge Christianity would have died on the vine.

Submission to the Authorities -

Romans 13:1–2​

13 Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment.
4th century forgery - anyway ...

and curious, who does not incur judgement.

So, would you turn in your guns?
Unless you want to commit suicide-by-cop.

Remember, cops are experts at what they do, and they are in the business of forcing people to do unpleasant and miserable things against their will, and restraining people against their will from enjoying shooting sports, hunting, and other lawful uses of weapons.

God doesn't say you are supposed to disarm yourself so you can be martyred.
That's right! Jesus said "Slay those that persecute you!"

I'm not Christian, but nope. Christ said if you don't have a sword sell your shirt and buy one.
Buy a sword, but don't use it

"And, behold, one of them (Peter) which were with Jesus stretched out his hand, and drew his sword, and struck a servant of the high priest's, and smote off his ear. Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword. " (Matthew 26:50-52)

38Then they said, “Lord, look, there are two swords here.” But he replied, “It is enough!”*

There were 12 apostles.

And Jesus never had a sword.

But his apostles DID. His apostles were his body guards. THEY WERE ARMED WITH THE RIFLE OF THE TIME!

That's right! Jesus said "Slay those that persecute you!"

Buy a sword, but don't use it

"And, behold, one of them (Peter) which were with Jesus stretched out his hand, and drew his sword, and struck a servant of the high priest's, and smote off his ear. Then said Jesus unto him, Put up again thy sword into his place: for all they that take the sword shall perish with the sword. " (Matthew 26:50-52)

In other words, DEFEND yourself, but don't choose violence as a lifestyle.

But his apostles DID. His apostles were his body guards. THEY WERE ARMED WITH THE RIFLE OF THE TIME!
Jesus Christ had a ROD OF IRON with which to RULE ALL NATIONS.

Now you can't go about ruling all nations with a certified collector's edition non-functional firearm.

But God says we're supposed to obey the government.
when did god say this??
when they were grandstanding ...
1627960779928.png

ooops - the daemon changed their tune though when their landslide somehow went to someone else. january 6th.

The point is that Christians are commanded by God to obey their government. I am curious if other Christian gun owners would go along with such a demand. I presume that many would not.
*Facepalm*

That's not what the passage is referring to. Your problem is that you're reading the English version in 2021 and using 2021 American/English word meanings to interpret it yourself, ignoring what words meant and the context of what was being said thousands of years ago, and upheld by theologians over time.

But, I'm sure you know better.. because you're super awesome.

I think I would, reluctantly. I say "reluctantly" because only good guys with guns can stop guys like Hitler, Mao, Pol Pot, etc.

English Standard Version

Submission to the Authorities
13 Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God. 2 Therefore whoever resists the authorities resists what God has appointed, and those who resist will incur judgment.

They'd get the bullets first.

Most Christians lost them all in the flood.

Now they are all at the bottom of the lake.

Nobody did in his time.

But…

Luke 22:36
Then said he [Jesus] unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

Isaiah 53:9-12

King James Version

9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.

I think I would, reluctantly. I say "reluctantly" because only good guys with guns can stop guys like Hitler, Mao, Pol Pot, etc.

English Standard Version

Submission to the Authorities
As far as that Bible verse? Constantine, Hitler, and the English "divine right of kings," have all abused the original meaning of it.

I suggest you read why Paul wrote that letter and remember. . . context is everything.

Context Is Key to Interpreting Romans 13:1-7​

Nobody did in his time.

But…

Luke 22:36
Then said he [Jesus] unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
... and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
- typical 4th century forgery and fallacy, to placate the mentally disturbed - their most ardent supporters ... bb.

Isaiah 53:9-12​

King James Version​

9 And he made his grave with the wicked, and with the rich in his death; because he had done no violence, neither was any deceit in his mouth.

Yes, evil people die. Good people KILL them in self defense.

Moron.

Forum List

Back