🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Zone1 Question for Christians

The god of the bible is perfectly capricious, vengeful and cruel it seems.
Only if you ignore what people did to deserve judgement. "The police are really mean for putting handcuffs on you and throwing you in that car", says the guy who ignores the man lying dead in the street.

But you excuse your god when it doesn't care to wipe out people who would kill innocents but you think it's OK for your god to wipe out people who pissed him off.

Contradiction.
No, sovereignty. God tolerates evil for a very long time, then when He passes judgement, the judged squeal loudly.

Only if you ignore what people did to deserve judgement. "The police are really mean for putting handcuffs on you and throwing you in that car", says the guy who ignores the man lying dead in the street.
Your god ignores people who deserve judgment all the time.

No, sovereignty. God tolerates evil for a very long time, then when He passes judgement, the judged squeal loudly.

Just like all those murder victims squealed when they were killed.

So how many people does a murderer have to kill before your god gets pissed off enough to wipe him out of existence?

Your god ignores people who deserve judgment all the time.
Yet when He does bring judgement, you think He's being cruel and unjust. You don't see the contradiction?

Ultimately, justice will be done for all.

Just like all those murder victims squealed when they were killed.

So how many people does a murderer have to kill before your god gets pissed off enough to wipe him out of existence?
Ask Him, then listen, if you have the cajones.

Yet when He does bring judgement, you think He's being cruel and unjust. You don't see the contradiction?

Ultimately, justice will be done for all.

I think killing children is cruel don't you?

What could children have done to incur the wrath of your all loving god?

Did you bother to find out what those people had been doing for generations before God finally had enough and wiped them out, or did you just look at judgement and think it's too harsh?
Not sure what heinous acts those women and children were guilty of, but perhaps you can tell me what terrible things those pre pubesant kids had time to do in their few short years. What were little Jimmy and little Suzy, and their mommy guilty of? What had they done to deserve rape and murder?

reading how god is a loving and forgiving god and then how he ordered the deaths of all men, and the rape and pillage of all women and children is contradictory to god being perfect in all his ways.
The question to ask yourself...Would God do this? I know God is loving. I begin with that truth and work from there.

The question to ask yourself...Would God do this? I know God is loving. I begin with that truth and work from there.
Ask myself? It's written plainly in the bible. Is this another example where you are supposed to ignore what is written, and go with your feelings instead?

Ask myself? It's written plainly in the bible. Is this another example where you are supposed to ignore what is written, and go with your feelings instead?
What prompts people to turn away from their faith? Feelings. Second, study what is "plainly written". Study the language, the history, the cultures. Also, keep in mind God in our midst.

Start with God is love. Don't neglect human nature. It is worth saying again: Each of us is hardwired into thinking we are doing the right thing. It is hard for any human to say, I was wrong or I made a mistake.

Leaving God out of it, why did you turn from your faith?

I think killing children is cruel don't you?

What could children have done to incur the wrath of your all loving god?
Do you not understand how things were done in those days? If you left any of your enemies alive, you had to deal with them again later. Sometimes, people got so bad they had to be completely wiped out. This is judgement, and a lot of people don't take it seriously, but they will.

Not sure what heinous acts those women and children were guilty of, but perhaps you can tell me what terrible things those pre pubesant kids had time to do in their few short years. What were little Jimmy and little Suzy, and their mommy guilty of? What had they done to deserve rape and murder?
Sometimes an entire bloodline had to be wiped out. Judgement is serious business, which is why God holds off for so long and doesn't just bring it every time someone sins.

What prompts people to turn away from their faith? Feelings. Second, study what is "plainly written". Study the language, the history, the cultures. Also, keep in mind God in our midst.

Start with God is love. Don't neglect human nature. It is worth saying again: Each of us is hardwired into thinking we are doing the right thing. It is hard for any human to say, I was wrong or I made a mistake.

Leaving God out of it, why did you turn from your faith?
Leaving god out of it? You're kidding, right? I have no idea what a religious faith that didn't focus on a god of some kind involved in every aspect of it would even be. Studying what was plainly written, as well as the history and culture of the time convinced me the god of the bible probably was just made up. I didn't lose my faith. It was yanked from my grip by reason, and what is actually written in the bible while I kicked and clawed trying to maintain my grip. Common sense, logic and reason won.

Sometimes an entire bloodline had to be wiped out. Judgement is serious business, which is why God holds off for so long and doesn't just bring it every time someone sins.
Bullshit. Telling soldiers to take little girls to rape is evil. Your god is evil.

Bullshit. Telling soldiers to take little girls to rape is evil. Your god is evil.
And there it is, the eternal cry of the judged, "It isn't fair!!!!" Here's reality, When God withholds judgement, you don't like it and think He should go all Old Testament, smiting the evil-doers (in your mind, of course, not what He considers evil), then when God does bring judgement, you also don't like it and think He should soft-pedal things and go, "just kidding!!". The bottom line is, God loves all and gives all the road to redemption. It's not His fault when so many run the other way.

And there it is, the eternal cry of the judged, "It isn't fair!!!!" Here's reality, When God withholds judgement, you don't like it and think He should go all Old Testament, smiting the evil-doers (in your mind, of course, not what He considers evil), then when God does bring judgement, you also don't like it and think He should soft-pedal things and go, "just kidding!!". The bottom line is, God loves all and gives all the road to redemption. It's not His fault when so many run the other way.
So you don't think raping little girls is evil? Damn. Your religion has messed up your mind.

Forum List

Back