Zone1 Question for Evangelicals

So it doesn't matter that trump is representative of the seven sins God considers to be an abomination. Somehow that seems to belittle the traditional right wing claims of moral superority. Winning is more importantthan traditional christian beliefs..
We are all representative of the seven sins God abhors. We are also a people whom God loves and has faith in. With God, we work on overcoming our failings and strive to do better. We are not a perfect people, and no one claims President Trump is a perfect man. Everyone should be able to note, compare, and contrast what the President was able to accomplish in his term as President, albeit being a less than perfect man.

Try to see this from a Christian perspective, how God can use an imperfect man and imperfect people to bring about good. There is no "moral superiority" and that means from any side.

When faced with electing fallible human beings to lead the country, you have to realize that none of them are going to meet all your standards unless you're voting for yourself, so you pick the one whose policies most closely align with yours. You do not elect someone who is openly hostile to your values.

Take just one polarizing issue, abortion. TRUMP! promised to put conservative justices on the Supreme Court and did. Many hoped that the Court would then overturn a bad abortion decision from decades past, and they did. Quid Pro Joe, OTOH, claims to be a Catholic, a church that vehemently opposes abortion, yet Quid Pro champions abortion. If we want states to have the freedom to legislate abortion according to the will of their citizens, we're NOT going to elect Quid Pro Joe. In this case, the choice was glaringly obvious, elect a jerk who was sympathetic to our values or a jerk who wasn't.

I would love to see the Evangelicals in this country unite as a monolithic voting bloc. They would elect the president every single time, and the usual suspects would be screaming bloody murder about theocracy and stuff. Then we would say, "well, we're just doing what you kept saying we should".
Got it. trump's adherance to lying, scheming, stiring up conflict, and the rest of that list most closely align to the new MAGA goals. Interesting how much things have changed since trump convinced his cult that integrity doesn't matter.

We are all representative of the seven sins God abhors. We are also a people whom God loves and has faith in. With God, we work on overcoming our failings and strive to do better. We are not a perfect people, and no one claims President Trump is a perfect man. Everyone should be able to note, compare, and contrast what the President was able to accomplish in his term as President, albeit being a less than perfect man.

Try to see this from a Christian perspective, how God can use an imperfect man and imperfect people to bring about good. There is no "moral superiority" and that means from any side.
Wow! Are you really that blind? The only good that God may use trump for is as an incentive for good people to rise up and excoriate his brazen deception and evil intent to dismantle democracy, revoke civil rights, and criminalize his many enemies by becoming a fascist dictator.

I am truly impressed by the many wonderful things seeking spiritual life from a lifeless cracker has done for you. The orange megalomaniac, Benedict Donald, should be cast out of society.

At the very least he should be gagged and bound hand and foot, hogtied like the pig he is.

Damn.

Last edited:

You're making excuses instead of adhering to the moral guidelines the right once claimed to follow.

Got it. trump's adherance to lying, scheming, stiring up conflict, and the rest of that list most closely align to the new MAGA goals. Interesting how much things have changed since trump convinced his cult that integrity doesn't matter.
That's just stupid, if you really believe it.

You're making excuses instead of adhering to the moral guidelines the right once claimed to follow.
As I asked in my first post in this thread, where do you find a middle ground for those who favor President Trump and those who detest him?

Wow! Are you really that blind? The only good that God may use trump for is as an incentive for good people to rise up and excoriate his brazen deception and evil intent to dismantle democracy, revoke civil rights, and criminalize his many enemies by becoming a fascist dictator.
I am not seeing in President Trump what seems so clear to you.

So it doesn't matter that trump is representative of the seven sins God considers to be an abomination. Somehow that seems to belittle the traditional right wing claims of moral superority. Winning is more importantthan traditional christian beliefs..
Gods will can be accomplished however he sees fit, after all he allowed Biden to be President! I do not need a Pastor, I need a President, the President isn't my spiritual leader, look at the book of judges. Trump is still better than Biden, Biden is all of those 7 plus

I am truly impressed by the many wonderful things seeking spiritual life from a lifeless cracker has done for you. The orange megalomaniac, Benedict Donald, should be cast out of society.

At the very least he should be gagged and bound hand and foot, hogtied like the pig he is.

Damn.
Total projection as what you describe is exactly what the left is doing! What civil right does Trump want to take away? Democrats want to take away my constitutional right to speech and to protect myself. We are a Republic, and you need to show me where Trump has criminalize anyone, while his political opponents have tried everything in the book to do it to him! Projection only works on Democrat voters who put square pegs in round holes!

Gods will can be accomplished however he sees fit, after all he allowed Biden to be President! I do not need a Pastor, I need a President, the President isn't my spiritual leader, look at the book of judges. Trump is still better than Biden, Biden is all of those 7 plus
No. Trump is actively immoral. You support him. That clashes with any claim you might have once had to following the teachings of the bible.

I see the good in people. There is good in President Trump. How do you justify ignoring that good?
He covers it up with so much bad. It's clear that right wingers are deeply religious until it comes to gaining political power, and then it doesn't mean much.

No one is perfect, and we all sin. God has even been known to use men with some flaws to do great things, but there are seven sins that God points out that he specifically hates, and are an abomination to him. These sins are specifically pointed out. In proverbs 6:12-15, Solomon talks about a wicked man who is

A worthless person, a wicked man, Walks with a perverse mouth; He winks with his eyes, He shuffles his feet, He points with his fingers; Perversity is in his heart, He devises evil continually, He sows discord. Therefore his calamity shall come suddenly; Suddenly he shall be broken without remedy.

Starting in verse 16, he lists the seven sins that that worthless person practices and that God specifically hates.

1. A proud look. Arrogance. A sense that he is better than others.
2. A lying tongue.
3. Hands that shed innocent blood. Refusing to act to save innocent lives when
you know the danger is eminent.
4. A heart that deviseth wicked imaginations.
5. Feet that be swift in running to mischief.
6. A false witness that speaketh lies.
7. He that seweth discord among the brethren.

Knowing that trump has repeatedly been shown to exemplify all the above listed abominations to God,
how can evangelicals, or any person who claims to love God support such a man for the leader of our country? Especially in the light of him recently calling Iowa evangelicals “so called Christians” and “pieces of shit”

Americans aren’t culturally Christians. Americans have Ancient European roots. Evangelical Christianity is more in line with Ancient European religions than it is in line with Christianity. I can’t get people to understand this concept. If you can, good. If you can’t, too bad.

The way Americans think predates the time Christianity entered the picture.

They will refuse to admit that he has done any of that.

They'll reject and dismiss the entire premise from the beginning.

It's the only way they can justify -- to themselves and to each other -- what they have done.
Such sanctimonious blather. I'm proud of voting for the man who is trying to save the country from the Democrat Regime and I'll proudly vote for him again. You can vote for the disgusting corrupt pervert who spent 50 years in politics because apparently Biden is pristine in Gods eyes. GMAFB.

Such sanctimonious blather. I'm proud of voting for the man who is trying to save the country from the Democrat Regime and I'll proudly vote for him again. You can vote for the disgusting corrupt pervert who spent 50 years in politics because apparently Biden is pristine in Gods eyes. GMAFB.
^^ Another phony who sold his soul.

No. Trump is actively immoral. You support him. That clashes with any claim you might have once had to following the teachings of the bible.
10 As it is written:

“There is none righteous, no, not one;
11 There is none who understands;
There is none who seeks after God.
12 They have all turned aside;
They have together become unprofitable;
There is none who does good, no, not one.”
13 “Their throat is an open [a]tomb;
With their tongues they have practiced deceit”;
“The poison of asps is under their lips”;
14 “Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness.”
15 “Their feet are swift to shed blood;
16 Destruction and misery are in their ways;
17 And the way of peace they have not known.”
18 “There is no fear of God before their eyes.”

Biden is also Immoral and exemplifies every one of the 7 detestable things actively. At least Trump cares about this country Biden and Democrats do not.

Forum List

Back