Question for gun enthusiast.

Actually, you don’t need a ‘high rate of fire’ for adequate self-defense.

Indeed, I’ve got a Smith 610 handy that’s more than capable of neutralizing any threat.

Otherwise, we see the usual dishonesty from the right, responding with deflections and lies – or responding with moronic nonsense about ‘defending’ from ‘government attack.’

The fact is that bump stocks are a ridiculous, childish waste of ammunition, the possession of which is completely devoid of merit.
True, but a high rate of fire isn't totally unjustified for self-defense.

Lots of talk about bump stocks and high rate of fire rifles. I understand there is a constitutional right to bear arms, but on a practical level, is there any reason for high rate of fire for anything other than self-defense? Obviously, if you are defending your home from attackers, you need that high rate of fire, and extended capacity, but are there any other circumstances where a high rate of fire and extended capacity are required?
They're needed for ego, vanity, penis size, and to stop feeling weak. So the majority of gun nuts need them.

Yes, absolutely, without doubt...CIVIL WAR...It is of the utmost importance to have that.
You want to have them available for one side while disarming the other side through "common sense" gun laws...having that available to you while the other side uses "common sense" will guarantee your victory.

Perhaps if you make it illegal to run news stories about these mass shooters it would, at the very least, cut down on them if not stop them completely. I am also against this but if we can just ignore the constitution then what's the big deal? right?
Civil war can certainly be considered a self-defense situation.

Eradicating invasive, destructive feral hogs on farmland.

I can easily see a use for a bump stock for this purpose.

If you bait a sounder but just kill a few, you'll end up with a worse problem than you started with...as the sounder will fragment and repopulate as four of five new sounders.

It's almost impossible to cull a feral hog in flight with anything else.

These guys are hunting for food...but in an area like mine, right on the edge of the invasion... You'd need to take out this entire sounder in one fell swoop. Even with standard capacity magazines and bumpstocks, you still couldn't do it alone.

View attachment 963282

Ok. Thank you for answering the question as asked. Everybody doesn't have to agree but hunting feral hogs could be a reason other than self-defense to have a high-capacity high rate firearm. I'll mark your answer down as a valid reason.

Next mass killing using a Bump Stock….

Blood is on Supreme Courts Hands

I didn't say you had to have a need for your gun. I'm not trying to get you to justify anything. We have a constitutional right to bear arms. Case closed. I asked a specific question that I don't know the answer to. I'm only asking if high capacity and rate are required for any other use for a gun other than self-defense.
I've received answers that were mostly correct, but none have pointed out a specific use for high rate other than self-defense. If you don't know any other uses with that requirement, that's just fine. Why is it so hard to get a direct relevant answer?
Who Posted this?
Obviously, if you are defending your home from attackers, you need that high rate of fire, and extended capacity, but are there any other circumstances where a high rate of fire and extended capacity are required?

So far, only two have given a direct answer to my question.
1. Hunting feral hogs. -- this is not generally considered self-defense, so it is a valid answer to the question.
2. They are fun. -- this is not generally considered self-defense, so it is a valid even if weak answer to the question.

Remarks like "shall not be infringed" and "fuck you" might make you feel better. but it doesn't answer the question.

So far, only two have given a direct answer to my question.
1. Hunting feral hogs. -- this is not generally considered self-defense, so it is a valid answer to the question.
2. They are fun. -- this is not generally considered self-defense, so it is a valid even if weak answer to the question.

Remarks like "shall not be infringed" and "fuck you" might make you feel better. but it doesn't answer the question.
Show us the word need in the bill of rights

Who Posted this?
Obviously, if you are defending your home from attackers, you need that high rate of fire, and extended capacity, but are there any other circumstances where a high rate of fire and extended capacity are required?
I'm sure you had some point, but you seem to be confused by the question. Don't sweat it. Nobody expects you to understand everything.

Lots of talk about bump stocks and high rate of fire rifles. I understand there is a constitutional right to bear arms, but on a practical level, is there any reason for high rate of fire for anything other than self-defense? Obviously, if you are defending your home from attackers, you need that high rate of fire, and extended capacity, but are there any other circumstances where a high rate of fire and extended capacity are required?
If someone wants to waste money on rapid fire, that's their own business. Practically speaking, a bump stock equipped rifle, or a fully automatic weapon are inherently inaccurate. Yeah, based upon my military experience they are fun as hell, but not if I'm paying fifty cents to a buck a round. Full auto is good for suppressive fire, but civilians rarely have a need to suppress the fire of attackers. In the military, machine gunners are taught to fire three to five round bursts rather than to go full "rock and roll"

Show us the word need in the bill of rights
We all know what the bill of rights says, and you don't have to justify anything. I'm not sure how to make my question clearer for someone with your abilities, so just don't worry your little head about it.

Forum List

Back