🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Zone1 Question for scholars and students.

God said he would put enmity between the descendants of Eve and the descendants of the 'serpent'. This can be seen early on between Sarah and Hagar. I don't think Hagar descended from a snake. This is also where the enmity between Gods soon to be chosen people and Satan's people began and has continued to this very day.
Sort of goes against the liberal Christian belief that "were all God's children ". But that's not true.

Unless you have received the Spirit of God, you are the devil's children. Only those with the Spirit of God are brutalized he begotten children of God

The truth is earth shattering and would turn Christianity, and Judaism, on its head. Ironically, I believe that Islam is well aware of the true meaning. Why they don't reveal it is puzzling.
Truth is never shattering. If anything it clears away cataracts so that we might see more clearly. That burst of light may seem blinding at first, but eyes adjust. We are not that fragile.

Serpent or snake is an anthropomorphism and an unfair one at that.
On your belly you shall go, and, you shall eat dirt, are vital to understanding who and what this being was.
I think serpent is an apt description for the Satan, or adversaries of God. They're just people, after all, and even now we refer to deceitful, malicious people as snakes.

In regards to the serpent's opposition to God, the Israelites called them Satan.

We are not that fragile.
The translators thought we were, or they would have translated the event accurately. Of course, the mistranslation could have been inspired by God to protect women.

Proverbs 25:2
It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.

In this case the truth is 'hidden in plain sight'.

Last edited:
The translators thought we were, or they would have translated the event accurately. Of course, the mistranslation could have been inspired by God to protect women.
Language changes. What do you think the translation should have been?

Language changes. What do you think the translation should have been?
Travail in childbirth (from the root word of belly).
Eating dirt (pica) is a well-known phenomenon practiced by pregnant women everywhere.

Last edited:
Never heard of it. And I come from a large, extended family.
I stumbled upon it. My research on "belly" revealed the meaning of childbirth. So I searched for "women eating dirt" (knowing that snakes don't eat dirt) and up popped pica.

You'll have to chew on this for a while. ;)

Last edited:
The snake of Genesis is a literary invention, an anthropomorphism, based on only one of several meanings of the root word, none of which suggests a snake.

Because a snake was falsely envisioned the phrase go upon your belly is also a mistranslation to support the notion of a snake. The root words/phrases don't support this either. But the clincher is you shall eat dirt. Snakes don't deliberately eat dirt.

The truth is earth shattering and would turn Christianity, and Judaism, on its head. Ironically, I believe that Islam is well aware of the true meaning. Why they don't reveal it is puzzling.

The truth is also more mysterious than the traditional belief (Imo, of course).
You have blinded all of us with your documented defense by presenting Book, Chapter and Verse instead of repeating Ad Hominem BS, about some man made conspiracy. :abgg2q.jpg: Can you spell? Spell: GULLIBLE

Again......demonstrate just how this single transliteration makes the Chapter false. The truth that SATAN/Serpent IS GOD......this nonsensical conspiracy theory? LMAO Shinning Serpent? God is the snake....or an archangel? FYI: this same transliteration from the Hebrew Bible (Nachash...or Nahas) is found 31 Times in 23 different passages of Hebrew scripture

As described, God with no ambiguity whatsoever declares the Nachash (in Hebrew)/Herpeton, creeping Reptile (in Greek transliteration) or Serpent/Reptile in English)........who took the form of Nachash to be the god of this world (2 Cor. 4:4)......and God charged the Nachash as being the father of the original Lie (men can become like god by accessing knowing). (John 8:44) Satan is called a serpent/reptile by God.........i.e, the OLD DRAGON -- Rev. 20:2 Regardless of any transliteration from one language to another...........Satan is known as the OLD DRAGON/REPTILE throughout the Holy Scriptures.

It is true that Satan was once an angel, described as a "cherub" while in heaven (Ez. 28:14). Its true that he was cast from heaven, like a morning star and fell to earth (Isa. 14:12)......Jesus states that He saw Satan fall from heaven (Luke 10:18)....like lightening.

Once cast from heaven, he remains in warfare with the agents of heaven. After the fall, Satan is always referred to as Nachash/Herpeton....reptile/Serprent.....Dragon. (Genesis 3:14, Rev. 12:7-9, 2 Cor. 11:3).

This sounds like a Mormon attempting to defend the LIE that men will become GODS. Just consider the source as coming from the Father of Lies.....the fallen angel, SATAN. Is it really better to rule in hell than serve in Heaven? :eusa_boohoo:

Was the Nachash/Herpeton/Serpent......Satan? Of course, according to the revelations of Jesus Christ who sent an angle to earth to John apostle to draft the book of revelation (Rev. 1:1) Jesus through the inspiration of John tells us, "He laid hold of the Dragon, the serpent of old, WHO IS THE DEVIL AND SATAN, AND BOUND HIM FOR A THOUSAND YEARS.." -- Rev. 20:2

Last edited:
You have blinded all of us with your documented defense by presenting Book, Chapter and Verse instead of repeating Ad Hominem BS, about some man made conspiracy. :abgg2q.jpg: Can you spell? Spell: GULLIBLE

Again......demonstrate just how this single transliteration makes the Chapter false. The truth that SATAN/Serpent IS GOD......this nonsensical conspiracy theory? LMAO Shinning Serpent? God is the snake....or an archangel? FYI: this same transliteration from the Hebrew Bible (Nachash...or Nahas) is found 31 Times in 23 different passages of Hebrew scripture

As described, God with no ambiguity whatsoever declares the Nachash (in Hebrew)/Herpeton, creeping Reptile (in Greek transliteration) or Serpent/Reptile in English)........who took the form of Nachash to be the god of this world (2 Cor. 4:4)......and God charged the Nachash as being the father of the original Lie (men can become like god by accessing knowing). (John 8:44)

This sounds like a Mormon attempting to defend the LIE that men will become GODS. Just consider the source as coming from the Father of Lies.....the fallen angel, SATAN. Is it really better to rule in hell than serve in Heaven? :eusa_boohoo:
It gives clarity to the narrative.

Last edited:
It gives clarity to the narrative.
It gives clarity? Really? Its anything but clarity when you reference man made conspiracies over the actual content of the Holy Scriptures, about as clear a MUD MIRROR

Again...........what truth has been removed in arguing over a simple transliteration from one language to another? .........there is no loss of truth, as the content of the whole chapter self defines the supposed mis-transliteration. Throughout the scriptures........the same word is used to describe Satan as a Reptile in some form or another, from a snake to a Dragon. What difference does it make........what type of reptile is presented as long as the context remains loyal to the content and subject matter?

The point made in Genesis is the fact that Satan's hubris would lead to his eventual defeat. As described in Revelations. He may rule on earth because of his deceitful tactics .........but he will be cast into a lake of fire made specifically for the Old Dragon. Men will walk a thousand miles to believe a lie...........while stepping on the truth a foot in front of them.

Last edited:
It gives clarity? Really? Its anything but clarity when you reference man made conspiracies over the actual content of the Holy Scriptures, about as clear a MUD MIRROR

Again...........what truth has been removed in arguing over a simple transliteration from one language to another? .........there is no loss of truth, as the content of the whole chapter self defines the supposed mis-transliteration. Throughout the scriptures........the same word is used to describe Satan as a Reptile in some form or another, from a snake to a Dragon. What difference does it make........what type of reptile is presented as long as the context remains loyal to the content and subject matter?

The point made in Genesis is the fact that Satan's hubris would lead to his eventual defeat. As described in Revelations. He may rule on earth because of his deceitful tactics .........but he will be cast into a lake of fire made specifically for the Old Dragon. Men will walk a thousand miles to believe a lie...........while stepping on the truth a foot in front of them.
Lucifer/Satan is anthropomorphized into a snake. It's a literary device (that's quite unfair to snakes). Was it hubris on the part of the translators to change a verb into a masculine noun? A feminine noun would be more accurate.

you're not religious ... your problem not mine.

it's you who have not made the point for your thread, is it a mystery to be solved.
I'm religious or I wouldn't engage in studies like this. I sweat the details in most things that I'm concerned about.

The OP is a question for others to answer. Of course, most are arguing with the question instead of researching it. Some will get it and not be heard from again. New truth has that effect on people.

Again...........what truth has been removed in arguing over a simple transliteration from one language to another?
When you transliterate childbirth into snake you've removed a large truth.

My conclusion is that the 'enchanter' was indeed Lucifer/Satan but wasn't a 'freestanding' entity in the garden but was in spiritual possession of Eve, as those is Jesus' day were possessed of demons. When God cursed this being he looked right into the eyes of Eve and leveled the same curse that he would level at Eve, that of travail in childbirth. There was no snake, just a powerful malignant spirit being possessing Eve.

The evidence of this, that the children of either would be at enmity with each other, manifested immediately with Cain and Abel. Of course, Eve would physically bear both children, but the spirit of Satan entered Cain, whereas Abel was sanctified by God, being called 'righteous Abel'. Whether Satan left Eve to enter Cain is uncertain. Perhaps other demon spirits were also involved.

Last edited:
Given this narrative, who was Cain and Abel's biological father? God, Satan, or Adam? Why must all female mammals share this supposed "curse" of "travail in childbirth" to this day if only Eve was being punished for consuming the forbidden fruit or whatever?

Given this narrative, who was Cain and Abel's biological father? God, Satan, or Adam? Why must all female mammals share this supposed "curse" of "travail in childbirth" to this day if only Eve was being punished for consuming the forbidden fruit or whatever?
Adam was their biological father, but God allows demon spirits to influence people according to his will.

Mothers have a special bond with their children that fathers don't generally share. An older lady once said to me, "Your children will grow up and break your heart."
I feel that as well as both of my grown children are struggling. It breaks my heart as well. Parents always live in fear and concern for their children.

Women don't always suffer physically while giving birth, but it's not most pleasant experience for most. My son was a very difficult (forceps) birth, but my daughter's birth was pretty easy on mom.

The Israelite women apparently gave birth easily compared to the Egyptian women. Of course, they were hardier as their lifestyle and genetics were more conducive to good health. My wife was in much better health when our daughter was born.

All of the events in the garden were preordained to kick start God's plan for the redemption of his kingdom.

Most have heard the phrase "The serpent within", generally referring to the evil nature or the toxic substances that affect our bodies and minds that we are never quite able to rid ourselves of. In Eve's case it was a genuine evil entity that God had allowed into her, not a serpent but a powerful spirit being.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back