🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Zone1 Question for scholars and students.

You can go back to the genealogies if needed or curious, but you should read the entire Bible as you would a novel. That way you get the historical flow of the story.
How anyone here could not know the story upside and backwards already at my age sure beats the hell out of me :dunno:

Yet you considered an important bible fact as a "notion". Once read the Bible needs to be studied.
You consider your notion of stuff you read in one bible version or other "fact" and now imagine yourself to be what exactly? One of the cool kids? A scholar? Saint? Blessed? Saved? Correct?

A relatively tiny number of literate (upper class) people spin and embellish upon a popular fable way back when. I much preferred reading things like Homer's Odyssey and The Arabian Nights as a child.

Life is short. You have nothing more practical to ponder or do as an adult in your spare time? Perhaps there are woods you could research more thoroughly.. Try basket weaving..?

First off...
Hebrew is a metaphoric language, with pictographic letters, which have phonetic sounds associated with them. It was and currently is a living language so it transforms slowly over time.

Secondly,
The Torah (Genesis is the first book of 5) is written in a very strict manner of Hebrew. (Royal Hebrew it is often referred to as)There are no "bad words" in Hebrew whatsoever and they cannot be constructed in Hebrew. So euphemisms are utilized instead. And to understand the language you must understand the anthropology of the era Moses created this written language in. There were not many written languages in existence at this time. Ugarit and Egyptian were the only ones in the area. It was a rather highbrow talent to read and write during this era....reserved for the scholars. Big stuff for a race of slaves.

Third,
If you are wanting to learn to read and write Hebrew there are classes available that are almost a requisite for complete understanding. Trying to teach yourself from a dictionary doesn't even begin to teach you the grammar or writing styles employed in scriptures.

4th,
The Torah was written during a time when paper and ink were exorbitantly expensive....like only the top 1% wealthy elite would even consider owning the materials. Way outside the reach of the common man. (Like a $20 million dollar yacht) Because this stuff was so expensive the writing style and complexity that would occupy a page was extremely compact and very difficult for people today to understand....especially when translated into a receptor language that has few idiomatic expressions that never align with the original donor language or even parts of speech.

You consider your notion of stuff you read in one bible version or other "fact" and now imagine yourself to be what exactly? One of the cool kids? A scholar? Saint? Blessed? Saved? Correct?

A relatively tiny number of literate (upper class) people spin and embellish upon a popular fable way back when. I much preferred reading things like Homer's Odyssey and The Arabian Nights as a child.

Life is short. You have nothing more practical to ponder or do as an adult in your spare time? Perhaps there are woods you could research more thoroughly.. Try basket weaving..?

In case you missed it this the "Religion and Ethics" forum. Go troll somewhere else (trolling isn't a religion). ;)

Last edited:
(trolling isn't a religion).

the documents of the desert religions - have no originals, whichever language they are written in ... rendering less validity to them than a single cave etching drawn during the same time period.

validating truths as suggested by others might be better found elsewhere than forgeries and fallacies.

the documents of the desert religions - have no originals, whichever language they are written in ... rendering less validity to them than a single cave etching drawn during the same time period.

validating truths as suggested by others might be better found elsewhere than forgeries and fallacies.

But you have the real skinny. Please share.

4th,
The Torah was written during a time when paper and ink were exorbitantly expensive....like only the top 1% wealthy elite would even consider owning the materials. Way outside the reach of the common man. (Like a $20 million dollar yacht)
The billionaires of today. Exactly. So "studying" their work product from back then is like always buying from Amazon today just to impress Jeff Bezos.

First off...
Hebrew is a metaphoric language, with pictographic letters, which have phonetic sounds associated with them. It was and currently is a living language so it transforms slowly over time.

Secondly,
The Torah (Genesis is the first book of 5) is written in a very strict manner of Hebrew. (Royal Hebrew it is often referred to as)There are no "bad words" in Hebrew whatsoever and they cannot be constructed in Hebrew. So euphemisms are utilized instead. And to understand the language you must understand the anthropology of the era Moses created this written language in. There were not many written languages in existence at this time. Ugarit and Egyptian were the only ones in the area. It was a rather highbrow talent to read and write during this era....reserved for the scholars. Big stuff for a race of slaves.

Third,
If you are wanting to learn to read and write Hebrew there are classes available that are almost a requisite for complete understanding. Trying to teach yourself from a dictionary doesn't even begin to teach you the grammar or writing styles employed in scriptures.

4th,
The Torah was written during a time when paper and ink were exorbitantly expensive....like only the top 1% wealthy elite would even consider owning the materials. Way outside the reach of the common man. (Like a $20 million dollar yacht) Because this stuff was so expensive the writing style and complexity that would occupy a page was extremely compact and very difficult for people today to understand....especially when translated into a receptor language that has few idiomatic expressions that never align with the original donor language or even parts of speech.
Letters are letters. That they look different does not make them pictographic.
It is referred as Biblical Hebrew.
Materials were expensive but Torah was publicly read On Shabbat and on market days (Monday and Thursday)

The billionaires of today. Exactly. So "studying" their work product from back then is like always buying from Amazon today just to impress Jeff Bezos.
I buy on Amazon for the convenience and value (who is 'Jeff Bezos').

Materials were expensive but Torah was publicly read On Shabbat and on market days (Monday and Thursday)
But, the Bible was eventually widely published so the common man could afford a copy at the same time that God began to free his people from the religious stranglehold of the RCC and the Church of England.

A "beth" (second letter of Hebrew Aphabet) looks like a tent and is the word for house or dwelling.

So...try again to demonstrate your ignorance on the subject.

But, the Bible was eventually widely published so the common man could afford a copy at the same time that God began to free his people from the religious stranglehold of the RCC and the Church of England.
You are referring to the English Reformation....where King Henry VIII started it but after Bloody Mary died Elizabeth (The Virgin Queen) allowed the Calvinists of Geneva to completely flood Great Britain with Bibles. (Scotland, Wales, and England) Understand though that Bibles were not read in Church. The Book of Prayers and the Psalter were the most common subject materials used for sermons.

A "beth" (second letter of Hebrew Aphabet) looks like a tent and is the word for house or dwelling.

So...try again to demonstrate your ignorance on the subject.
It only looks like a tent if you want it to. And the word for house is more than the one letter. Plus a lot of Hebrew words start with beit. And depending on context it could be a veit.

Show you don't understand Hebrew.

But you have the real skinny. Please share.

your 4th century c-bible ...

1694544934318.jpeg

you find in it the climatic conclusion to the 1st century events, liberation theology, self determination the reason those who gave their lives did so - as well the trials and tribulations of the criminals that committed those crimes against those that perished.

or your waiting for the 2nd coming to do that for you. at least a&e new best to fend for themselves.

Show you don't understand Hebrew
I don't think I can...because I do. Maybe if I parroted the things you say it would be possible....but I'm not likely to do such a thing because I clearly demonstrated the functions of second letter. (Which also has the numerical value of two....the first of anything belongs to God so it's never counted, weighed, or measured...which does cause much confusion for Goyim)

The first letter is an Aleph...
Which looks like an altar...which belongs to God. So it has no phonetic component to it but it will completely change the meaning and often the pronunciation of a word. (Which most words have the accent on the second or third syllable...but a few notable exceptions are extremely noticeable and important)
And the reason why I didn't explain this one.

Should I continue to embarrass you further or relent?

your 4th century c-bible ...

View attachment 828439

you find in it the climatic conclusion to the 1st century events, liberation theology, self determination the reason those who gave their lives did so - as well the trials and tribulations of the criminals that committed those crimes against those that perished.

or your waiting for the 2nd coming to do that for you. at least a&e new best to fend for themselves.
I'd ask you to explain but I would just get more gobbledygook.

Forum List

Back