Question for the Never Trump folks

Preacher

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2015
Georgia Mountains
Do YOU and the ESTABLISHMENT not realize that if you screw Trump out of the nomination once he has the numbers or is the closest to the numbers that he will simply run independent and the GOP STILL LOSES!? Is it that hard to comprehend? Cutting off your face to spite your nose..I mean personally you screw Trump I will still vote for him and I will sit back and watch the GOP establishment whine and bitch and moan for 4 years of Hillary Clinton running the country into the ground.

Do YOU and the ESTABLISHMENT not realize that if you screw Trump out of the nomination once he has the numbers or is the closest to the numbers that he will simply run independent and the GOP STILL LOSES!? Is it that hard to comprehend? Cutting off your face to spite your nose..I mean personally you screw Trump I will still vote for him and I will sit back and watch the GOP establishment whine and bitch and moan for 4 years of Hillary Clinton running the country into the ground.

1. If he has the delegates then he should be the nominee.

2. If he fails to get the delegates to win it straight-up then no being close does not count and should not just be handed the nomination. He will have to brokered with Kasich to get the nomination and Kasich will be his VP.

3. The GOP could let him have the nomination while back Johnson on the Libertarian ticket. Trump does not need the GOP money to make the run and the media give him all the publicity he need, so the money the GOP was going to waste on someone like Kasich could be used to back Johnson and try to make it look like the Libertarian candidate stole the election from Trump instead.

Closing comment:

No matter what happen the GOP is splintered and until the next Reagan come along it will be a major split. The establishment is not going to let the Tea Party Caucus nor the Trump supporters tell them how the political party will be ran and a purge might happen.

Also if Trump run third party after failing to obtain the correct amount of delegates to win the primary run straight-up then he is the one that is wrong. You need to win straight-up to make the argument you were wronged, and if you can win straight-up, well then you do not deserve the nomination unless you brokered it which is almost impossible for Trump seeing he has pissed too many people in the GOP off...

Good luck in getting Trump nominated...

2. If he fails to get the delegates to win it straight-up then no being close does not count and should not just be handed the nomination. He will have to brokered with Kasich to get the nomination and Kasich will be his VP.

3. The GOP could let him have the nomination while back Johnson on the Libertarian ticket. Trump does not need the GOP money to make the run and the media give him all the publicity he need, so the money the GOP was going to waste on someone like Kasich could be used to back Johnson and try to make it look like the Libertarian candidate stole the election from Trump instead.

Closing comment:

No matter what happen the GOP is splintered and until the next Reagan come along it will be a major split. The establishment is not going to let the Tea Party Caucus nor the Trump supporters tell them how the political party will be ran and a purge might happen.

Also if Trump run third party after failing to obtain the correct amount of delegates to win the primary run straight-up then he is the one that is wrong. You need to win straight-up to make the argument you were wronged, and if you can win straight-up, well then you do not deserve the nomination unless you brokered it which is almost impossible for Trump seeing he has pissed too many people in the GOP off...

If he wins the most delegates then the nomination should be his. OBVIOUSLY the people's voice has spoke and they want Trump. Trump doesn't care if he would be wrong according to the GOP they have played this game since he announced and they are getting ever more desperate. They won't win and it will be on THEIR heads.

Close only counts with horseshoes and hand gernades. If Trump gets the 1237 he's the nominee if not and he doesn't get them on the first vote at the convention then all the delegates are free to vote as they choose if Trump truly is the great deal maker he should be able to work a deal to get enough of the delegates to vote for him if not then may the best deal maker win.

A lot of Republicans actually think a Hillary win would be better than a Trump win. It won't be easy to convince the remaining establishment drones that the establishment is our true enemy.

Close only counts with horseshoes and hand gernades. If Trump gets the 1237 he's the nominee if not and he doesn't get them on the first vote at the convention then all the delegates are free to vote as they choose if Trump truly is the great deal maker he should be able to work a deal to get enough of the delegates to vote for him if not then may the best deal maker win.
That's how it is NOW. Preibus hasn't said if the rules will be changed this year. A LOT of folks want them changed because right now ONLY Trump has won majority of delegates in 8 states. Cruz was 4 states short so far. He will probably add state #5 on Tuesday with Utah but still short. I think even as Trump making deals he will have a VP candidate shoved down his throat we don't want.
A lot of Republicans actually think a Hillary win would be better than a Trump win. It won't be easy to convince the remaining establishment drones that the establishment is our true enemy.

They know Clinton,Cruz,Kasich all equal gravy train staying on the tracks. Sanders and Trump means its over with.

The party knows it's going to lose either way, so it may conclude that it can at least maintain its dignity by not backing a person as annoying, inarticulate, embarrassing and cartoonish as that man.

They may choose to maintain their grasp on the party, allow the populist/nationalist types to start their own party, and start rebuilding with what remains.

That's how it is NOW. Preibus hasn't said if the rules will be changed this year. A LOT of folks want them changed because right now ONLY Trump has won majority of delegates in 8 states. Cruz was 4 states short so far. He will probably add state #5 on Tuesday with Utah but still short. I think even as Trump making deals he will have a VP candidate shoved down his throat we don't want.

They know Clinton,Cruz,Kasich all equal gravy train staying on the tracks. Sanders and Trump means its over with.
Yes that is how it is and until someone changes the rules which no one has yet nothing here to stress over. Get the 1237 your the nominee don't it's anyone's to take.

Take a look at the 1980 GOP platform.

See if it is something you could live with.

Then...ask yourself why it was good enough for Reagan and Bush 41

Talk about pretzel logic....each side is now threatening the other with a Hildabeast victory if they don't play ball and convert. She's the republican of the democrats and the Donald is the democrat of the republicans....she's a warmonger and he's for single-payer healthcare. Two increasingly decrepit baby-boomers making one last attempt to destroy the world on their way out. :sad:

For decades the GOP establishment told the base just hold your nose and vote for the establishment candidate and we did. Now those bastards won't do the same for Trump what a freaking surprise.

Close, is no cigar...having 35% or so of the party supporting the candidate, while 65% do not support him, is a guaranteed loss in the General Election...

If The Deal Maker is truly a deal maker, he can still win, in a brokered convention...perhaps?

The party knows it's going to lose either way, so it may conclude that it can at least maintain its dignity by not backing a person as annoying, inarticulate, embarrassing and cartoonish as that man.

They may choose to maintain their grasp on the party, allow the populist/nationalist types to start their own party, and start rebuilding with what remains.

If they choose that path, they will never win an national election again.

Closing comment:

If he wins the most delegates then the nomination should be his. OBVIOUSLY the people's voice has spoke and they want Trump. Trump doesn't care if he would be wrong according to the GOP they have played this game since he announced and they are getting ever more desperate. They won't win and it will be on THEIR heads.
Perhaps you should research how it works a bit more. I agree that if he has the most he should be the nominee but that is not how the rules work if he fails to reach the threshold

Well, if they're actually talking about things like a brokered convention or running someone third party (and who knows if any of that is true), that would have to be the calculus, dontcha think?

They know what it would do to the party, at least in the short term. But they may feel like they're in a no-win situation.

they don't want Clinton because she is republican lite, they want her over Trump so they can have 4 years of bashing her and liberals, so they can scare you in to voting Republican....

with Trump as an R, and his liberal positions, they will be restrained from criticism and will have no way to scare people in to voting republican...

that's the BIG PICTURE imo....

Never Trump folks are exaggerated, most of them are democrats. Probably all Jewish republicans. Some traitors who are Israel firsters as well. Overall, they don't have a large impact.

Well, if they're actually talking about things like a brokered convention or running someone third party (and who knows if any of that is true), that would have to be the calculus, dontcha think?

They know what it would do to the party, at least in the short term. But they may feel like they're in a no-win situation.

They just need to NOT be allowed to fool themselves that there would be any coming back from that.

Trump hasn't earned my vote. It's as simple as that.

If I voted for him, I would be telling him he is doing something right, and I'll be damned if I will do that.

I understand how a whore like yourself would expect other people to be as whorish as you are, but we aren't.

Trump hasn't earned my vote. It's as simple as that.

If I voted for him, I would be telling him he is doing something right, and I'll be damned if I will do that.

I understand how a whore like yourself would expect other people to be as whorish as you are, but we aren't.

Being part of a team carries the contract of working with the team for the team.

Whether your guy is the team leader or not.

Accepting the support of the team when you are getting your way, and then NOT when you are NOT, is you being a Freeloader.

Forum List

Back