Questioning your Faith

JustAnotherNut

Platinum Member
Dec 31, 2015
I've heard it comes to all believers at some point in their lives and currently I've come to that point. I wasn't 'raised or born' within a church or religion, but far from it. I came to believe as an adult after too many 'coincidences' that couldn't really be explained in any other way and have since stood firm in that belief that there is a very loving God who is very much alive & well and living within me and that the closer we come to Him, the more the devil works against us.
Now I have been questioning whether or not He really is real or if what had brought me to Him was just my own mind playing tricks just to hand over the responsibility of my life choices. I have never been completely sure where Jesus truly fits into my life or belief system......as in whether or not He is really the Messiah, God Himself or His Son.....or just another more powerful prophet.
I'm not even sure if I care anymore.

I've heard it comes to all believers at some point in their lives and currently I've come to that point. I wasn't 'raised or born' within a church or religion, but far from it. I came to believe as an adult after too many 'coincidences' that couldn't really be explained in any other way and have since stood firm in that belief that there is a very loving God who is very much alive & well and living within me and that the closer we come to Him, the more the devil works against us.
Now I have been questioning whether or not He really is real or if what had brought me to Him was just my own mind playing tricks just to hand over the responsibility of my life choices. I have never been completely sure where Jesus truly fits into my life or belief system......as in whether or not He is really the Messiah, God Himself or His Son.....or just another more powerful prophet.

Good luck with these issues.

Spiritual light=knowledge and truth
Spiritual darkness=lies, ignorance, and folly.

So it is spiritual light to question everything and not trust blind faith or error and deceptions of man and seek out knowledge to the best of your ability. Of course, with the understanding that we are only as good as that info's reliability or availability, so if that info is tainted then what we think we know is compromised and contaminated.
Hence my post today on reflecting the wisdom in the scrolls which state specifically on this subject.

There is not one of us who do not question our faith. Even the disciples questioned God, even after the miracles He did right in front of them.
I do know that the searching you are doing will bring you closer to your faith. Remember that God will answer, but in His time not yours.
May I suggest writing a letter to God your thoughts , hopes ,and desires. put that letter away for 6 months to a years and I promise you, you will see Him working in your life when you read it.
Most of the time it is very slow and gentle, we don't see it because of our busy life.
Keep searching, and don't let the enemy distract you.

My personal guide to faith. Fear in this instance means - Fear the wrath of God

Ecclesiastes 12:13
13 Let us hear the conclusion of the whole matter: Fear God, and keep his commandments: for this is the whole duty of man.

I know each of you are right in what you say. Just having a weak moment with that inner struggle. Thanks for the encouragements.

You can hear God's voice if you listen hard enough. But the modern world has many distractions, so it is hard to pay attention.

Forum List

Back